[8.1.x][WEEKLIES] CarbonROM | cr-6.1 [bacon]

Search This thread

throwback1718

Jul 23, 2006
Brooklyn
OnePlus 11
I guess I must be doing something wrong. I'm on the latest build. Maybe I'll try an older build.

It oddly enough works when I have a headphone in. Even when the headphones don't have A mic. So I've been walking with a headset

Also what is the battery life looking like for you guys? I have massive drain and phone staying awake. Barely getting 2 hours SOT. Even after upgrading the kennel and making tweaks via Magisk. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

malcolmm21

May 15, 2016
I guess I must be doing something wrong. I'm on the latest build. Maybe I'll try an older build.

It oddly enough works when I have a headphone in. Even when the headphones don't have A mic. So I've been walking with a headset

Also what is the battery life looking like for you guys? I have massive drain and phone staying awake. Barely getting 2 hours SOT. Even after upgrading the kennel and making tweaks via Magisk. Any suggestions?
U could try reflashing just the Rom for the speaker issue.. Battery is similar for me too.. Phone's 3 years old now.. Can't expect too much from it's battery. The fact that it can still runs apps smoothly is an advantage.

pratikone1

Nov 8, 2016
I have to reconnect to my WiFi after sometime. The qs tile shows connected but when I try to surf or just open YouTube....it shown you're offline. Then I have to tap WiFi qs tile again to turn it on. Anyone facing this issue?

throwback1718

Jul 23, 2006
Brooklyn
OnePlus 11
U could try reflashing just the Rom for the speaker issue.. Battery is similar for me too.. Phone's 3 years old now.. Can't expect too much from it's battery. The fact that it can still runs apps smoothly is an advantage.
Great point about the battery being old. But prior to to switching, the battery life was much better and the phone is awake most of the time now. so I believe there may be a cure

nirmalgeorge

Dec 2, 2013
Battery life was poor from the initial versions of Carbon ROM, hope Pie with its new features can provide better SOT for ageing OPO.

dhruvaz

Aug 8, 2009
Hi I came from cer droid. Clean flashed, i.e no dirty flashing and on 6.1 - 2326 build. I get random restarts could be anytime and at any app. Yesterday I noticed some of the pics i took were just blank thumbnail showed me black when i opened it it was still black. Any idea what could lead to it?

kman93

Jan 22, 2011
san antonio, tx
i don't know why, but over the past few weeks, my google apps have been silently, one by one been getting murdered by this rom, in that they no longer launch, just get the "stopped working" screen. happens for any given google app, and i only noticed it recently when i saw photos hadn't backed up in a long time. then today, i try to open chrome, it fails, play store fails, amazing experience.
and the default browser on this rom is infuriating like no other. who ever heard of scrolling up? lol no you don't want that, you want to refresh the page, see the top briefly, then come right back down here again, right?

dhruvaz

Aug 8, 2009
Yeah i meant that. I did flash rom and gapps but not at the same time. After flashing zillions of time i'm familiar with the process ;)

Fuffzehn

Sep 25, 2010
Does this work properly with an encrypted phone and only microG instead of GApps? And does it get frequent security patches?

Edit: Seems it does work fine. Thanks for this great ROM. When installing updates, is a cache/dalvik cache wipe needed?

Last edited:

Torontus

Aug 25, 2017
Almada, Setúbal
Does this work properly with an encrypted phone and only microG instead of GApps? And does it get frequent security patches?

Edit: Seems it does work fine. Thanks for this great ROM. When installing updates, is a cache/dalvik cache wipe needed?

Yes, is always good and hurt no one :D

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

Yeah i meant that. I did flash rom and gapps but not at the same time. After flashing zillions of time i'm familiar with the process ;)

Ok.

And now? Is working?

Fuffzehn

Sep 25, 2010
One small quirk, signature spoofing for microG is not supported or at least I cannot find a way to enable it. Found it, too...

Last edited:

darjwx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 17, 2014
Madrid
Google Pixel C
OnePlus 7

As soon as a security patch is there from Google, we update the rom. You can expect a build in a few days after that.

JaY_III

i don't know why, but over the past few weeks, my google apps have been silently, one by one been getting murdered by this rom, in that they no longer launch, just get the "stopped working" screen. happens for any given google app, and i only noticed it recently when i saw photos hadn't backed up in a long time. then today, i try to open chrome, it fails, play store fails, amazing experience.
and the default browser on this rom is infuriating like no other. who ever heard of scrolling up? lol no you don't want that, you want to refresh the page, see the top briefly, then come right back down here again, right?

Sounds like you are in desperate need of a clean flash. I have ZERO problems you are experiencing.
Do a clean flash, don't use exposed and you should remain problem free.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FIfblItr.png

Who's back? We're back.

CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look, build, and use our code at CarbonROM's GitHub and at CarbonROM Gerrit

Disclaimer:
    While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Support:
    We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
    2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ
    3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.
    4) Join our Discord server! There, you can connect with other Carbon users and our developers, and you can get quicker responses to your bug reports. The invite link is right below.

We recomend MindTheGapps. OpenGapps should work, but please make sure you clearly mention the gapps you're using when reporting bugs.

Downloads:
    Official Builds
    Join the CarbonROM Discord server
    CarbonROM's GitHub
    CarbonROM Gerrit
    Kernel source

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

XDA:DevDB Information
    CarbonROM Noct weeklies for bacon, ROM for the OnePlus One

Contributors
    darjwx, CarbonROM
    Source Code: [url]https://github.com/CarbonROM[/URL]

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2018-03-31
    Last Updated 2018-04-12
    So apparently P is here. The source is being uploaded as we speak. That means we as carbon will start to fork each repo and push the usual batch of support commits or whatever is needed. This will take time, so be patient. I still don't know if I will continue supporting bacon. That doesn't depend entirely on me. I will keep you guys informed.

For caf devices we will have to wait for caf to have their stuff ready.

We will most likely be pushing Oreo builds untile we release P.

Thanks for this year.
    Dario
    Reserved

Feel free to post any bug you find on a proper way:
    1. Build you are running
    2. Mods you are using: music mods, magisk, whatever.
    3. How to reproduce it.
    4. Logcat, ksmeg... if applicable.

I would like this thread to be an example of a development thread so please:

1. Be respectful with each other.
    2.READ a couple of times the OP before posting. If there is anything that is not in the op and should be there just let me know.
    3. Search before posting, maybe your question is already answered.
    4. Features request are allowed, but it doesn't mean I will fulfill all of them. And they are not they reason behind this thread.

That's all for now. Enjoy CarbonRom :)
    New release out.
    April security patches
    Device specific fixes, misc rom side stuff and new additions.
    We reverted to stock font, though du font selector is not ready yet.
    Changelog

Rom side:
    - April security patches
    - Fix multitouch
    - BatteryMeterView: dont forceshow battery percent when its inside battery
    - BatteryMeterView: show battery while charging when its inside icon
    - APN updates
    - Status bar network traffic
    - Don't wait to X (NFC, bluetooth) when shutting down. As it sounds. Now the phone will shutdown faster.
    - Append the app name to screenshot file
    - Some base misc fixes
    - SystemUI: Fix task lock & freeform buttons placement
    - Sqlite: Upgrade to SQLite 3.22.0
    - SystemUI: force a clock update if the screen is turned back on
    - SystemUI: Tiny expanding improvement
    - Set scroll friction to 0.012 (better scroll performance)
    - Recents: allow single tap on app icon to show app info overlay
    - Revert to stock font
    Device side:
    - Enable button backlights and battery LEDs settings
    - bacon: Disable secure discard on lockscreen settings (fixes the lag)
    - USB should be totally find now

Carbonrom web

As always, check gerrit or github for a whole in depth changelog.

Dario
    New release out.
    A small release this week. A lot of us are busy with university.

Changelog

Rom side:
    - Fix memory leaks (Language and input, data saver preference)
    Device side:
    - Aptx support (I was lacking the blobs)
    Kernel side:
    - Double tap does no longer fire a small vibration
    (Requested by users. I do not mind making this toggeable in the future, but for now this is it)

Carbonrom web

As always, check gerrit or github for a whole in depth changelog.

Dario