8.4 & 10.5 battery life results.

Search This thread

AB__CD

Apr 18, 2014
Somehow this tablet's battery has only gotten better with age! Seriously impressed.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-09-20-13-58-00.png
    Screenshot_2015-09-20-13-58-00.png
    195 KB · Views: 1,203
  • Screenshot_2015-09-20-13-58-03.png
    Screenshot_2015-09-20-13-58-03.png
    152.8 KB · Views: 1,179
  • Screenshot_2015-11-15-15-24-30.png
    Screenshot_2015-11-15-15-24-30.png
    185.5 KB · Views: 1,197
  • Screenshot_2015-11-15-15-24-33.png
    Screenshot_2015-11-15-15-24-33.png
    152.1 KB · Views: 1,119
Reactions: Namorbrowneyes

_RoRo_

Jun 29, 2015
Have you tried power saving mode? I recently gave it a try, just enabling cpu limitations and disabling capacitative buttons lights, and I could get an extra 15-20 percent of battery light.

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 AM ----------

Using this mode on a t800 on stock Rom, non rooted but debloated, I can go up to 6h30 to 7h of sot, doing mostly chrome, flipboard and SimCity

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

I usually go around 5h20 of sot in regular mode

Akopps

Jan 19, 2015
So what measures have you done to locate the cause of your problem, do some research don't just ask for fixes, read all the battery problem threads, try the suggestion other people have suggested.

John.

Well, I think you are right. It's not the android OS, but the apps that cause this problem. If there is any problem with Android 5.0, it's perhaps its inability to reign in the apps that keep that tablet awake most of the time. I have downloaded CPU spy and other wakelock detector, and they both showed that my tablet was not in deep sleep most of the time running either stock KitKat or Lollipop. To be honest, I never got to the issue of finding out which app was the problem, but what I did to fix this issue was to flash the latest clean Lollipop rom, and then keep the number of apps down to the must have minimum. And right now my tablet is spending about 2% of power a day while turned off. So if I have a three day break between going to gym, the place I use the tablet the most, I don't need to worry about recharging the tablet. After doing this I still noticed that Hangouts, the preinstalled system app causes the most wakelocks on my tablet. I looked around in its settings, logged out of my account, and disabled everything that looked like "update" or "sync" and that seems to have stopped that issue too.

So right now, I have zero issues with my stock rooted Lollipop.

Last edited:

Tinderbox (UK)

Mar 31, 2010
England, UK
It a shame you have to disable so much of the features of the tablet/phone you paid big money for, hopefully when we get v6 marshmallow the new feature "Doze" will improve battery life, fingers crossed.

Doze uses motion sensors to detect when your phone’s not moving, and enters a deep sleep. The result? Your smartphone will stop all non-essential tasks such as Wi-Fi, syncs and jobs until the handset starts moving again. That means your battery should last much, much longer.

Interestingly, Doze will have control over all apps and other functions – unless otherwise stated – so Android users will benefit from improved battery life across the board.

John.

sancho55

Oct 22, 2010
After about 4 months of really light use where i would read for about an hour a week and maybe check something random for about 10 minutes during that week, i noticed the battery hasn't gotten better or worse.
Running latest official LP (rooted and debloated).

The standby is really poor from the start ( i did full discharge/charge cycles) and the battery would last about 3 days in standby where i wouldn't even touch the tablet.
I have 0 accounts syncing but WiFi is on, so i guess it does Google updates and services. I got Greenify running which gave some limited results, yet not so good.
It's a trade-off for such a light tablet i guess, iPad isn't any better so i guess that's just how it is.

I would say the battery life is certainly on the lower spectrum of popular tablets and that is kinda shame for such a gem.

duese22

Mar 24, 2011
Hi,

T-700, Iron Rom, 35% brightness, auto contrast.
Had to resolder the battery socket, flickering and reboots below 50% battery due to a loose contact. I also added some conductive silver paste to the battery socket pins.
Recalibrated the battery a few days ago. Couldnt be happier...

Cheers

Attachments

• 1457558235248.jpg
    1457558235248.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 1,171
  • 1457558260454.jpg
    1457558260454.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 1,201

noopnoop

Mar 29, 2016
with all cyanogenmod 12.1 based rom battery life is terrible.
games will drop 1-2% a min, and get relly hot. using chrome 0.5=-% about min
only playing video will hold for 3 hours, about half of stock roms...
with IronRom I got good battery life
too bad I have to stick with stock based....

skim7x

Aug 15, 2010
I have a the T700 and have been having problems with the battery -- takes huge dips seemingly randomly, battery lasts maybe 2 hours max... I can pull it to 3-4hrs in Battery Saving mode, but that's about it. Running CM12.1 (3.25.16 nightly).

You guys think it's the ROM, or time to replace the battery?

Kevinc25

Oct 17, 2014
I have a the T700 and have been having problems with the battery -- takes huge dips seemingly randomly, battery lasts maybe 2 hours max... I can pull it to 3-4hrs in Battery Saving mode, but that's about it. Running CM12.1 (3.25.16 nightly).

You guys think it's the ROM, or time to replace the battery?
I swtiched from CM12.1 to SlimLP and am noticing better battery life.

pacc

Jul 16, 2008
A quick tip for those with reduced battery life, you don't need to rush and buy a new battery or tablet.
I was getting 3-4h screen on time with normal usage, I removed the back cover, disconnected the battery for a few minutes and placed everything back in order again.
Now my average is 6-7h screen on time with same usage.
I didn't change anything on software, just did this procedure and my battery is as good as new.

msd24200

Jun 14, 2008
KY
Bone stock

Bone stock 16gb WiFi only tab s 10.5! Using nova prime instead of TouchWiz and motion live wallpaper. Bloat ware apps that I don't use are disabled!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-06-05-13-08-31.png
    Screenshot_2016-06-05-13-08-31.png
    152.2 KB · Views: 639

chancelucky

Aug 15, 2013
I recently solved my own battery problems with my Tab S 10.5. My original battery worked fine in stock, but it died. I ordered a replacement Samsung OEM battery via E-Bay which didn't work well at all. The seller was reasonably nice and sent me two more, neither of which worked properly either (the level kept jumping around no matter how many times and ways I tried to calibrate, factory reset, etc. I could even do a total power shutdown, turn the thing off and lose 30% of my battery life in 20 minutes. I worried that the connection to my mother board was bad, but that didn't turn out to be the case either. I even installed a new mother board (scary, but not that hard), but the batteries still did the same thing.
Finally, I ordered a replacement battery made by some brand other than Samsung, some anonymous manufacturer in China. I opened the thing up for about the tenth time, installed the battery, and it works fine. My wild guess is that something went wrong in quality control for whoever supplies Samsung's batteries for the Tab S. It's possible that a bunch of these batteries either got old sitting in the warehoue or wound up on the secondary market.
I wouldn't have gone to this much trouble if I didn't love the tablet, but it's not something that should have happened with a so called "premium" tablet.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello I noticed it too.when I disabled wife in sleep mode there are not so much differences and the battery draining too...

Inviato dal mio SM-T705

You, lucky bast....I can't disable my wife no matter what I do :D
    That's far from gooood...You're on 6.5h SOT within 15h total, which is totally average, and in line with battery capacity. It only means there's nothing wrong with your battery, and further underlines that Samsung failed with battery inside. If you were not watching movies, but playing games, it would lasted 3h top...

some people just have to be negative all the time

who cares if he is satisfied with the battery life. why do you have to stick your nose in it and make him feel bad for using a product that meets his expectations.

life is all about sacrifices. some of us are happy to sacrifice some battery life to have an incredibly thin tablet. some of us think realistically and don't expect a 24 hours of screen on time on an incredibly thin tablet

but yes, continue with your negativity. it's really helping you be so productive in life. . .
    get me link of ironrom v3.1 for t705 plz?
    I'm actually using t800 not sure if they have a iron rom for that I think they do but can't find it at the moment . Here is a link to the kernel which could make thing better.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-tab-s/orig-development/kernel-ironkernel-v1-0-t3035433/page15

Sent from my Galaxy Note5 using XDA Labs
    Guys wait for software updates battery optimisation will be the fix I am sure.
    my problem is power drain when the tab is completely powered off (27% in 6hrs), and not like many people here during standby.

You might have a defective unit. If you've completely turned the tablet off(shutdown, not just locking it) then the only reason why the battery would drain would be from it diminishing naturally. If you're getting that type of drain then something is wrong
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone