[8.x] Omni for Oneplus 3(t)

Search This thread

suyashlimaye

Jun 25, 2014

maxwen

Jun 10, 2012
Why is no Oreo ROM supporting VOLTE? I do not like using oxygen os or roms based on it, always have preferred lineage/aosp based roms. None of these seem to have VOlte. When will the feature roll out? Can't there be a .zip file which enables volte like for the Lenovo zuk Z2?

So you believe anything someone writes in a thread?

This is a good example that shows how lazy some people are
I you would have at least read A LITTLE BIT HERE - just the last pages -
you would have found the answer before even posting your question

EatBeans

Nov 30, 2014
I know that it is normal that the camera quality isn't that great on custom roms especially quickly after an android version update but for me the quality is really bad when I'm trying to take a photo of an object which is close to the lens. It seems like it wouldn't focus properly. Does everybody experience the same?

Oct 30, 2016
So you believe anything someone writes in a thread?

This is a good example that shows how lazy some people are
I you would have at least read A LITTLE BIT HERE - just the last pages -
you would have found the answer before even posting your question
Please give a yes/no answer. Does Volte work or not?

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

There was a reddit post which says it does

kungfury

Sep 12, 2015

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

No, you will not be given a yes/no answer if you do not take the initiative to read through the thread and/or use the search function. This discussion has come up a million times and there are enough posts for you to read through and come to a conclusion. By the way, what are you even doing on a custom ROM development thread if you are not willing to flash it onto your phone and check if it works or not? This is not an official OnePlus help forum where people are obligated to give you answers.

Oct 30, 2016
No, you will not be given a yes/no answer if you do not take the initiative to read through the thread and/or use the search function. This discussion has come up a million times and there are enough posts for you to read through and come to a conclusion. By the way, what are you even doing on a custom ROM development thread if you are not willing to flash it onto your phone and check if it works or not? This is not an official OnePlus help forum where people are obligated to give you answers.
I have flashed and checked a lot of roms on my phone. Reading through the thread, some people report it to work while some people don't. There is a reditt post which says it works while some people say it doesn't. you won't die if you give a yes or no answer, no need to be cranky here.

pulser_g2

Admin Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 27, 2009
I have flashed and checked a lot of roms on my phone. Reading through the thread, some people report it to work while some people don't. There is a reditt post which says it works while some people say it doesn't. you won't die if you give a yes or no answer, no need to be cranky here.

The reason you can't get a "yes/no" answer on VoLTE is because the implementation at present by carriers and OEMs is flaky and overly complex. You need about 10 different things to all be in place, and working, with the stars aligned, before it works. In future, this should be a bit better, as it becomes more of an essential feature of networks.

VoLTE does indeed work at the moment, but it might require a bit of tweaking if your carrier doesn't have a CarrierConfig set within Omni. You can override the settings to get the setting to appear if you like, and you can check the debug menu (*#*#4636#*#*) to see if it's enrolled and provisioned etc.

Most custom ROMs have tended to have issues with VoLTE historically; Omni is one that appears to work. And even then it can be tricky to get going, sometimes - often developers cannot test it themselves (as not many networks support it yet, or use it as a premium feature only on certain directly-sold handsets). Also, as it's highly network-dependent, that makes it impossible to test without users themselves testing and reporting back whether it works for their particular country and network.

kungfury

Sep 12, 2015
In that case, it wouldn't be too difficult to flash another ROM right? Besides, if some people report it to be working and some don't, then there really is no point of a yes/no answer.

Reactions: Agares69

decebal12345

Oct 22, 2010
Where can I find "Enchanced 4G LTE Mode"? Is another name for Volte?
In *#*#4636#*#* volte toggle is grey.
Wi-fi Calling is working? Menu toogle is grey too in *#*#4636#*#*
Thank you.
Come on guys, my english is not so bad...

Yes it Has
Volte was working for me in this Rom On 8.0 and on now on the new build of 8.1 too i am on 31st build

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone