Who's back? We're back.
CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.
Please feel free to look, build, and use our code at CarbonROM's GitHub... and at CarbonROM Gerrit.
While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.
We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:
1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ
3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.
4) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.
Official castor_windy (WiFi only) Oreo
Official castor_windy (WiFi only) Nougat
Official castor (LTE)
Test-Build castor_windy (WiFi only)
Test-Build castor (LTE)
TWRP castor_windy (WiFi only)
TWRP castor (LTE)
-Before installing ROM for first time Wipe every partition with flashtool and install stock FTF.
-If you Update the ROM skip 2,3,4,6,8 in Instructions.
Nougat: Please let me know if you find Bugs!!!
Oreo: Exfat and Wifi Display are broken
Questions & Answers Discussion Thread
Click to go Q&A Thread
1. Download ROM, Gapps, TWRP recovery.
2. Extract Boot.img from ROM zip.
3. Flash the Boot.img from ROM via fastboot (fastboot flash boot pathTo/boot.img)
4. Flash TWRP Recovery via fastboot (fastboot flash recovery pathTo/recovery.img)
5. Boot into Recovery by using VOLUME UP when Sony logo comes up with pink notification light.
(Orange LED shows Recovery is Loading)
6. Wipe System,Data, Dalvik, Cache from recovery (Wipe Option).
7. Flash CarbonRom zip.
8. Flash Gapps zip.
7.2 Root: Download SuperSu & flash SuperSU zip via Recovery
-All important bugs are solved now
Q- Can i install it on locked bootloader?
Q- Which gapps should be used?
A- OpenGapps arm 7.1 Full
Q- How to install this rom?
A- Read first post.
Q- Is something not working?
A-See the bugs listed above.
Q- Something* is not working.
A-Report bugs on github or here when it is not listed above.
Q- What's the difference between official weeklys and test builds ?
A- Official weeklys use the stablest code we have, test builds sometimes have bugs, but you will have features which are under testing or prerelease features which are not available on weeklys yet.
Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!
CarbonROM Castor/Castor_windy, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet
rcstar6696, akshay2shah, iXaidyiu , opendata , vikash1994b
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Stock Version 23.5.A.1.291 has to be flashed
Based On: CarbonRom
Last Updated 2018-05-08