80+ hz mod petition to developers

Search This thread

dhaern

Feb 6, 2017
EGS-zs8-1
A reminder to devs about this mod showing it's possible. I hope you can find it and/or port, develop and improve it in a near future.

EDIT: I did an small tool to unpack dtbo.img and repack again with framerate and clockrate modified. I tried many configurations and only 66hz was working for me but unstable. just flash the new dtbo.img in TWRP and reboot. Here you have the instructions to run it:

- Write the amount of Hz that you want in info.txt file

- Place dtbo.img inside the folder (with exact name "dtbo.img")

- Install VirtualBox and a Linux image, latest Ubuntu version.

- Login in ubuntu and open Terminal

- If you want unpack and check only the dtbo.img files after unpack run Extract.sh file ("sh Extract.sh" in Terminal)

- If you want unpack, modify hz amount in dtbo.img files by the amount in info.txt file and repack again run Patch.sh file ("sh Patch.sh" in Terminal).

Feel free to modify Patch.sh code if you want improve it and/or test it. I dont know exactly what parameters we need in "qcom,mdss-dsi-panel-clockrate" and "qcom,mdss-dsi-panel-framerate" use hexadecimal code. You can check also another parameters if it's needed but I dont understand how these parameters works.

EDIT2: I uploaded an improved version from my extractor, thanks to @Saratoga79

HiiraKernel dev confirmed he will add screen OC refresh in future versions, thanks to @alk3p

PhlitxM.png

https://www.akr-developers.com/d/362/9

Attachments

• DTBO_extractor_v2_by_saratoga79.zip
    2 MB · Views: 264
Last edited:

dhaern

Feb 6, 2017
EGS-zs8-1
Currently K20 Pro mods do not work on K30 Pro. I tested most of them. Also the stereo mod is not working.

Yeah I know, this thread is a petition to port k20 pro mod to new k30 pro. Also I show a video from a tweak already done back in march in k30 pro so it exists but i think it's private.

Last edited:

dhaern

Feb 6, 2017
EGS-zs8-1
If I remember correctly, the phone in the video has been confirmed to be k20pro

I think it's legit a K30 Pro phone, even Xiaomi high executive talked about this:
In response, Wang Teng, product director of Xiaomi/Redmi, said on weibo: “The magic change requires Root. After Root, user is not eligible to claim official warranty, we do not recommend this operation, please be careful.“

https://sparrowsnews.com/2020/03/26/redmi-k30-pro-80hz-refresh-rate/

edward014

May 22, 2019
I think it's legit a K30 Pro phone, even Xiaomi high executive talked about this:
In response, Wang Teng, product director of Xiaomi/Redmi, said on weibo: “The magic change requires Root. After Root, user is not eligible to claim official warranty, we do not recommend this operation, please be careful.“

Nice Info. I'm waiting for a developer or modders that will give us the steps how to increase the refresh rate :D

rongz

Aug 18, 2017

I hope its true, but the method he used in that post (modify dtbo partition, zhihu.com) have already been tried by other developers from coolapk and nothing happeded. Besides, the icons in states bar of lmi at that time is very close to screen edge, unlike the phone in video. Some developers say that the refresh rate is locked in the kernel (I'm not sure). May there‘s a long time to see 80 Hz refresh rate mod:(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Bu 73-77hz oc ekranının macunu açacaktır. Lütfen bunu yanıp sönmeden önce dtbo'nuzu yedekleyin. 30 fps'de kilitleniyorsa, lütfen hzcnfix magisk modülünü yanıp söndürün ;) Sadece AOSP üzerinde çalışır! Bunu miui'de denemeyin .unzip IMG flash

----------

MOD EDIT: English Translation Below

This will open the paste of the 73-77hz oc screen. Please backup your dtbo before flashing this. If it hangs at 30 fps, please flash the FixHz magisk module ;) It only works on AOSP! Don't try this on miui .unzip IMG flash
    Thank you. Working with no problems on latest derp version ( 3 April ).
    A reminder to devs about this mod showing it's possible. I hope you can find it and/or port, develop and improve it in a near future.

EDIT: I did an small tool to unpack dtbo.img and repack again with framerate and clockrate modified. I tried many configurations and only 66hz was working for me but unstable. just flash the new dtbo.img in TWRP and reboot. Here you have the instructions to run it:

- Write the amount of Hz that you want in info.txt file

- Place dtbo.img inside the folder (with exact name "dtbo.img")

- Install VirtualBox and a Linux image, latest Ubuntu version.

- Login in ubuntu and open Terminal

- If you want unpack and check only the dtbo.img files after unpack run Extract.sh file ("sh Extract.sh" in Terminal)

- If you want unpack, modify hz amount in dtbo.img files by the amount in info.txt file and repack again run Patch.sh file ("sh Patch.sh" in Terminal).

Feel free to modify Patch.sh code if you want improve it and/or test it. I dont know exactly what parameters we need in "qcom,mdss-dsi-panel-clockrate" and "qcom,mdss-dsi-panel-framerate" use hexadecimal code. You can check also another parameters if it's needed but I dont understand how these parameters works.

EDIT2: I uploaded an improved version from my extractor, thanks to @Saratoga79

HiiraKernel dev confirmed he will add screen OC refresh in future versions, thanks to @alk3p

PhlitxM.png

https://www.akr-developers.com/d/362/9
    Bu 73-77hz oc ekranının macunu açacaktır. Lütfen bunu yanıp sönmeden önce dtbo'nuzu yedekleyin. 30 fps'de kilitleniyorsa, lütfen hzcnfix magisk modülünü yanıp söndürün ;) Sadece AOSP üzerinde çalışır! Bunu miui'de denemeyin .unzip IMG flash

----------

This will open the paste of the 73-77hz oc screen. Please backup your dtbo before flashing this. If it hangs at 30 fps, please flash the FixHz magisk module ;) It only works on AOSP! Don't try this on miui .unzip IMG flash
    There is this tech tuber that is also looking into getting 80hz mod . He talks about getting a Dev to modify a .bat file that set the screen refresh rate

https://youtu.be/QsNbL1RoDwY
    I WANNA 90 HZ ON POCO DEVS PLS DO YOUR THING FOR FREE OR ME MAD :mad:((( \s

----------

Thank you. Working with no problems on latest derp version ( 3 April ).
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone