8227l radio app apk

Search This thread

RiseAgainst03

Apr 15, 2021
Hi everyone,

I have a small problem and I cannot fix it. Maybe someone can help me. I have in my car a head unit 8227l where I uninstalled (by mistake) the stock radio app. I want to get it back, but I have no idea how. I found a few radio apk files on this forum, but none of them worked. I also searched through the file explorer if there is an apk for it, but nothing. The head unit is not rooted, but I don't think it should be for this. Can anybody advice me please?

Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_20210211_190552.jpg
    IMG_20210211_190552.jpg
    7.5 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_20210211_190558.jpg
    IMG_20210211_190558.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_20210211_190921.jpg
    IMG_20210211_190921.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 42

jlbooth

• Feb 5, 2013
    OnePlus 6T
    Perhaps a factory reset would bring back the now missing app?

Also if the unit has a file explorer app, there might be an OEM folder somewhere on the unit that might contain the original APK file. I'm kind of surprised the unit allowed you to uninstall the radio app but then again, on most of the 8227L based units most sensible things were an afterthought.

Reactions: RiseAgainst03

RiseAgainst03

Apr 15, 2021
    I thought about the factory reset, but I am afraid that it might not work and only lose everything else.

I already searched through the file explorer, but I will take another look tomorrow for that folder.

jlbooth

• Feb 5, 2013
    OnePlus 6T
    I wonder if maybe you could find the ROM or proper firmware for your device and somehow extract the radio APK from the ROM?

Either that or locate a proper firmware update for your device (might find right here on XDA) and update? If losing everything is a concern, don't check the "wipe device" or equivalent when applying the update. I'm not much a fan of flashing ROMs without a specific reason to. In your case, maybe it might be needed? Best of luck to you.

Reactions: RiseAgainst03

jlbooth

• Feb 5, 2013
    OnePlus 6T
    One additional thought, are you sure maybe you haven't disabled the radio like in the factory settings? It's pretty common practice for these Chinese units to hide apps when features are disabled.

RiseAgainst03

Apr 15, 2021
    I remember the uninstall window. I also checked through the apps in the Android section and nothing. Nor in the Play Store list of installed apps. Thank you for the thought!

Reactions: jlbooth

Ilie43

Feb 14, 2021
    Hi everyone,

I have a small problem and I cannot fix it. Maybe someone can help me. I have in my car a head unit 8227l where I uninstalled (by mistake) the stock radio app. I want to get it back, but I have no idea how. I found a few radio apk files on this forum, but none of them worked. I also searched through the file explorer if there is an apk for it, but nothing. The head unit is not rooted, but I don't think it should be for this. Can anybody advice me please?

Thank you!
    I have the same device and I had the same problem with the radio application reset from the factory and the application will reappear and then make a software update and the update will work perfectly, take it from the XYAUTO site

Ilie43

Feb 14, 2021
    ați actualizat sau resetați din fabrică doar că aplicația se va opri după două sau trei scanări de lucrări și funcționează numai
    you have updated or only reset the factory that the application will stop after two or three job scans and it only works

RiseAgainst03

Apr 15, 2021
    I did a factory reset from the Android settings. Then my custom apps were uninstalled (Spotify, Waze, etc.), and the radio (and some other apps I uninstalled) reappeared. I did not use it, after the reset, for too long, but while I installed again what I've needed, it worked without a problem. I did not do any update. It was the same Android version. I hope it will work good in the future.

Reactions: jlbooth

jlbooth

• Feb 5, 2013
    OnePlus 6T
    Figured that would work. Lol factory reset was my first suggestion to your original post. Your concern about losing data and all suggested to me that you probably wouldn't go for the factory reset so I tried to offer alternative suggestions.

Regardless glad it's working for you and thank you for the follow up.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Also if the unit has a file explorer app, there might be an OEM folder somewhere on the unit that might contain the original APK file. I'm kind of surprised the unit allowed you to uninstall the radio app but then again, on most of the 8227L based units most sensible things were an afterthought.
      I wonder if maybe you could find the ROM or proper firmware for your device and somehow extract the radio APK from the ROM?

Either that or locate a proper firmware update for your device (might find right here on XDA) and update? If losing everything is a concern, don't check the "wipe device" or equivalent when applying the update. I'm not much a fan of flashing ROMs without a specific reason to. In your case, maybe it might be needed? Best of luck to you.
      I remember the uninstall window. I also checked through the apps in the Android section and nothing. Nor in the Play Store list of installed apps. Thank you for the thought!
      I did a factory reset from the Android settings. Then my custom apps were uninstalled (Spotify, Waze, etc.), and the radio (and some other apps I uninstalled) reappeared. I did not use it, after the reset, for too long, but while I installed again what I've needed, it worked without a problem. I did not do any update. It was the same Android version. I hope it will work good in the future.

Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone