Not open for further replies.

rcstar6696

Dec 21, 2013
Kassel (Hessen)

FIRST AOSP 9 BASED ROM with Pixel Features especially for Kirin Devices

Disclaimer:
Welcome to Huawei-Kirin-Project. Our goal is to provide
a overall stable AOSP experience across all Huawei/Honor phones
utilizing a Kirin SoC and EMUI 8.0 - either updated or shipped.
So far most of the bugs have been fixed and the ROMs are fully usable
as daily driver - and fully Kirin optimized. We are a fully Open Source Organisation created by a Team of 5 People.

Support:
We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
2) Read our FAQ
3) Ask here on xda If you can't find a solution

Download:
Kirin-Phone GSI
Kirin-Tablet GSI

VERY IMPORTANT
-Before installing ROM for first time Wipe Data Partition with Stock Recovery.
-If you Update the ROM skip the wipe section in Instructions.

Bugs:
Pie:
- Hotspot broken
- Huawei Camera not Ported yet

Requirement for installing
EMUI 8 has to be flashed anytime before
Unlocked Bootloader
Stock Kernel,Recovery and Ramdisk has to be flashed

Instructions

1. Download ROM
2. Extract the system.img from .xz rom file.
3. Flash the system.img via fastboot (fastboot flash system pathTo/system.img)
4. Flash stock ramdisk.img and kernel.img (Extracted from EMUI ) if you haven't done before
5. Wipe Data in Stock Recovery
6. Reboot (first boot may crash simply reboot the device again)

(Optional)
After first boot you can use this instructions to flash Magsik on your device.
Magisk Guide

Additional notes

- Pie encryption stuff is incompatible with Oreo recoveries, so use recovery with no decryption for now
- If it reboots on the first boot, don't be surprised, it's ok.
- If it's stuck on a bootanimation - make sure that you did wipes properly (properly - means a data wipe in stock recovery)
- It's a pretty early build, so don't expect it to be rock stable. It's good for daily driver as long as you don't mind the minor issues it has now.
- GAPPS are included in every build

Changelog

Build 25/08/2018
-Initial Release

FAQ

Q- Can i install it on locked bootloader?
A- No.

Q- Which gapps should be used?
A- Gapps are included in the Rom

Q- How to install this rom?
A- Read Instruction.

Q- Is something not working?
A-See the bugs listed above.

Q- Something* is not working.
A- Report bugs here when it is not listed above.

Q- Can i install the Rom on my device?
A- Look here Device List Supported Devices

Screenshots
Will be added later but basicly it looks the same as AOSP on PIXEL devices !

Source:
GitHub

Credits
@phhusson and @flex1911 for some fixes
And the Guys from Pixel Experience for some commits

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make the builds better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed my build, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy th rom!

AOSP ROM with Pixel Features, ROM for all Kirin Devices

Contributors
@Wirmpolter

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Stock Version EMUI 8
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Last edited:

ChrisA918

Aug 2, 2018
This is sweet music to my eyes :) I've flashed many different GSI's to the Huawei MediaPad M5 and none of them looked quite right (text fuzzy, not sharp), or something didn't work properly. Going to flash this one later tonight.

Thanks for the work on this, will post the results.

josdehaes

Oct 25, 2009
P20 lite supported, but not p20 Pro? Is there a specific reason? I read that other P gsi work on p20 lite, but on my Pro it doesn't even start booting.

daser4berlin

Sep 18, 2012
Berlin
This is sweet music to my eyes :) I've flashed many different GSI's to the Huawei MediaPad M5 and none of them looked quite right (text fuzzy, not sharp), or something didn't work properly. Going to flash this one later tonight.

Thanks for the work on this, will post the results.
Please report how it runs iam using an mediapad too..
Maybe u can do some Screenshots..

rcstar6696

Dec 21, 2013
Kassel (Hessen)
P20 lite supported, but not p20 Pro? Is there a specific reason? I read that other P gsi work on p20 lite, but on my Pro it doesn't even start booting.
P20pro is emui 8.1 and this is not supported yet

Please report how it runs iam using an mediapad too..
Maybe u can do some Screenshots..
M5 runs super fine i have m5pro and it Works alot better then on Oreo. Only Hotspot is not working

imHadees

Jun 22, 2014
Thank you so much for this!
In the OP, you said that stock recovery, kernel, and ramdisk need to be flashed. If I'm coming from phh's Treble (8.1), do I need to flash the kernel and ramdisk again? I never installed TWRP, Magisk, or anything like that (I basically only touched system).

ChrisA918

Aug 2, 2018
I've got the Huawei MediaPad M5 8.4" WiFi version, on first boot, the following services keep stopping: Bluetooth, Google, Google Play Services. Rebooted several times to no avail. Skipping everything get's me to the "Just a Sec" screen with the spinner.

This was a full factory image start, followed by the installation instructions. Has anyone else run into this with any device?

rcstar6696

Dec 21, 2013
Kassel (Hessen)
I've got the Huawei MediaPad M5 8.4" WiFi version, on first boot, the following services keep stopping: Bluetooth, Google, Google Play Services. Rebooted several times to no avail. Skipping everything get's me to the "Just a Sec" screen with the spinner.

This was a full factory image start, followed by the installation instructions. Has anyone else run into this with any device?
Hmm i flashed my devices three Times to make it Sure they work and every Test was succesfull. My M5 Always worked

You flashed Phone or Tablet Version ?

Last edited:

steven360

Jun 12, 2017
Thank you so much for this!
In the OP, you said that stock recovery, kernel, and ramdisk need to be flashed. If I'm coming from phh's Treble (8.1), do I need to flash the kernel and ramdisk again? I never installed TWRP, Magisk, or anything like that (I basically only touched system).
If you're absolutely sure you never touched the other partitions, then sure, go ahead and flash the rom only. Dont see why you wouldnt want to do it, it literally takes like 10 seconds to flash both of the files, including typing the commands.

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

Thank You :)
wow dude, you deserve the award for world's fastest reply XD

Reactions: Cecil107

ChrisA918

Aug 2, 2018
Hmm i flashed my devices three Times to make it Sure they work and every Test was succesfull. My M5 Always worked

You flashed Phone or Tablet Version ?
Tablet version. Is your device the same flavor as mine: US 8.4" M5 WiFi only? I was able to flash the OpenKirin LineageOS Beta 5 without any app issues.

imHadees

Jun 22, 2014
I flashed it successfully on my Honor 7X. For the first boot it reboot automatically, but after that it was fine and I could complete the setup normally.
Everything seems to be working well so far (even MTP). The only bug I found is that the swipe down gesture on the fingerprint sensor does not bring down the notification shade. The rest of the fingerprint gestures work though (swiping for recents, tap to go back, hold to go home).

Status
Not open for further replies.