FIRST AOSP 9 BASED ROM with Pixel Features especially for Kirin Devices
Welcome to Huawei-Kirin-Project. Our goal is to provide
a overall stable AOSP experience across all Huawei/Honor phones
utilizing a Kirin SoC and EMUI 8.0 - either updated or shipped.
So far most of the bugs have been fixed and the ROMs are fully usable
as daily driver - and fully Kirin optimized. We are a fully Open Source Organisation created by a Team of 5 People.
We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:
1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
2) Read our FAQ
3) Ask here on xda If you can't find a solution
-Before installing ROM for first time Wipe Data Partition with Stock Recovery.
-If you Update the ROM skip the wipe section in Instructions.
- Hotspot broken
- Huawei Camera not Ported yet
Requirement for installing
EMUI 8 has to be flashed anytime before
Stock Kernel,Recovery and Ramdisk has to be flashed
1. Download ROM
2. Extract the system.img from .xz rom file.
3. Flash the system.img via fastboot (fastboot flash system pathTo/system.img)
4. Flash stock ramdisk.img and kernel.img (Extracted from EMUI ) if you haven't done before
5. Wipe Data in Stock Recovery
6. Reboot (first boot may crash simply reboot the device again)
After first boot you can use this instructions to flash Magsik on your device.
- Pie encryption stuff is incompatible with Oreo recoveries, so use recovery with no decryption for now
- If it reboots on the first boot, don't be surprised, it's ok.
- If it's stuck on a bootanimation - make sure that you did wipes properly (properly - means a data wipe in stock recovery)
- It's a pretty early build, so don't expect it to be rock stable. It's good for daily driver as long as you don't mind the minor issues it has now.
- GAPPS are included in every build
Q- Can i install it on locked bootloader?
Q- Which gapps should be used?
A- Gapps are included in the Rom
Q- How to install this rom?
A- Read Instruction.
Q- Is something not working?
A-See the bugs listed above.
Q- Something* is not working.
A- Report bugs here when it is not listed above.
Q- Can i install the Rom on my device?
A- Look here Device List Supported Devices
Will be added later but basicly it looks the same as AOSP on PIXEL devices !
@phhusson and @flex1911 for some fixes
And the Guys from Pixel Experience for some commits
Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make the builds better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed my build, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy th rom!
AOSP ROM with Pixel Features, ROM for all Kirin Devices
ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Stock Version EMUI 8
Based On: AOSP