[9.0.0] [OP2] Pixel Experience [BETA]

Search This thread
G

GuestK00456

What's the comparison to the 8.1 Pixel Experience Stable ROM?

https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-2/development/rom-pixel-experience-t3730059/
Specifically, for those of you who've used both ROMs, is the battery life noticeably better on one or the other?

@ anyone who says "just flash it yourself and find out": Yes, I know I can just flash it and try it out for myself. If I had days of spare time I would do so—but I don't. So I'm asking if anyone has used both and has noticed that battery on one is substantially superior to battery life on the other.

@ anyone helpful: thanks in advance!

mbapril14

Jan 14, 2017
https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-2/development/rom-pixel-experience-t3730059/
Specifically, for those of you who've used both ROMs, is the battery life noticeably better on one or the other?

@ anyone who says "just flash it yourself and find out": Yes, I know I can just flash it and try it out for myself. If I had days of spare time I would do so—but I don't. So I'm asking if anyone has used both and has noticed that battery on one is substantially superior to battery life on the other.

Been using this for months now with stealth kernel and nap time. Easily gets thru the day with normal usage.

Satanlogi

Jun 1, 2018

I've used both and from what I've experienced the battery lasts longer in the pie ROM... I'm using this ROM with 'No Gravity Kernel' with CPU frequencies at 1.8 GHz and 2.0 GHz for LITTLE.big cores respectively with Chilled governor profile and the GPU with 650 MHz with performance governor profile...
I get around 4 hrs to 5 hrs of SOT consistently and the idle discharge rate is quite good too... I only lose about 2-5% overnight (7-8 hrs)... And you may already know that the ROM does not support VoLTE so...
Other than that it's pretty stable, no random reboots, no hicks, no severe heating issues so far... I've been using this ROM since 26th September 2018...
VoLTE support would make this rom a dream of mine come true (hope that comes soon)... (Already thinking of Q ROM for OnePlus 2, pixel experience of course) cheers... Let me know if need help with anything else...

Gurumeetsingh09

Sep 30, 2018
Pune
Could you elaborate please? Currently running this rom on my op2 and 3g is not working. How does flashing the Oxygen OS fix the data problem for this rom? Any help is appreciated .
There are developers(thanks to them) who actually extracted only the required firmware files of 3.6.1 from Oxygen OS for OP2.
You just download that and flash it via twrp over your existing ROM.
Reboot and then things shall be sorted.
P.S - You don't need to flash the complete 3.6.1 oxygen os zip file, only the firmware.zip

Odramarth

Dec 5, 2017
Dam this rom is on beta mode since month 8... Just need a led changer and restart to recovery, 20% battery warning and it's done in my opinion.

Last edited:

warsmith

Jul 3, 2012
hey guys, i have been using this rom for 4 months everything was working fine. But just recently i started having issues with receiving text messages i either get my text messages really late like a few hours later.
But sometimes when i call someone, i receive all the texts at the same time.

Odramarth

Dec 5, 2017
hey guys, i have been using this rom for 4 months everything was working fine. But just recently i started having issues with receiving text messages i either get my text messages really late like a few hours later.
But sometimes when i call someone, i receive all the texts at the same time.

I'm having problems to. Sometimes ppl say my phone is off when I'm full signal.

I think the rom is discontinued because he don't update the thread since month 8 2018.

It's sad because is a smooth and the best programer I saw here for OP2. I tested other pie ROMs but not to smoth as this. I think it's time to close the threat. This Gonna stay beta for ever :(

warsmith

Jul 3, 2012
I'm having problems to. Sometimes ppl say my phone is off when I'm full signal.

I think the rom is discontinued because he don't update the thread since month 8 2018.

It's sad because is a smooth and the best programer I saw here for OP2. I tested other pie ROMs but not to smoth as this. I think it's time to close the threat. This Gonna stay beta for ever :(

Yes that is exactly what has been happening, i don't get text messages and just confirmed that calls are not coming through either. But if i call someone it starts working for a little while. I guess it is when my phone is idle it just stops receiving.
Sad indeed, the rom is pretty good otherwise.

Reactions: reganEZ

spychodelics

Jan 19, 2011
Moved last week to los 16 but i had the latest build running for month with only 2 issues.

1. Camera and flash were async
2. no notification displayed while phone is in use besides the small icon for incoming call / message in the statusbar

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

UJZQ85A.png

PixelExperience for OnePlus 2

What is this?
    Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation).

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential features for the proper functioning of the device.
    Based on Android 9.0

What's working?
    WiFi
    RIL
    Mobile Data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    Fingerprint Reader
    HW Buttons
    Alert Slider and Gestures
    Sound / Vibration
    Face Unlock

Download ROM

Kernel Source

Useful files
    Pixel 2016 Live Wallpapers (normal apk)
    Pixel 2017 Live Wallpapers (normal apk)
    AR Stickers for Google Camera (normal apk)

Translation
    Help with project translation

Telegram channel
    Stay tuned

Discord server for OP2 users : here

XDA:DevDB Information
    Pixel-Experience, ROM for the OnePlus 2

Contributors
    Shreesha.Murthy
    ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information

Created 2018-08-15
    Last Updated 2018-08-15
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab dmesg . (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.

Changelogs

First Beta Build:
    - Initial build

Second Beta Build:
    - Fixed media playback on streaming apps like YouTube
    - Reduced stock dpi value to 440
    - Minor bug fixes and translation updates

Third Beta Build:
    - Fixed search in settings
    - GApps are now included
    - Shipped Digital Wellbeing
    - Enabled Pixel style pill in gesture based navbar

Fourth Beta Build:
    - Fixed USB mode selection from the popup
    - Fixed Graphical glitches when scrolling or when there's a flashing text
    - Fixed DT2W broken for some users

Fifth Beta Build:
    - September security patch
    - Added auto face unlock
    - Allowed all apps to use smart replies
    - Experimental fixes for netmgrd crash (Data toggle bug)
    - Don't animate screen brightness when turning the screen on

Sixth Beta Build:
    - No weird glitch on Lockscreen when a custom font is used
    - In-call echo fixed
    - Updated FP HAL
    Frequently Asked Questions:

Q. Can this ROM be flashed through TWRP?
    A. Yes, proceed with the latest TWRP official image

Q. Can I run this ROM in multiboot or dualboot setup?
    A. You can but I won't accept bug reports or help anything related to that.

Q. Does VoLTE work on this ROM?
    A. No.

Q. Sounds good. How can I contribute to project?
    A. Test the build as much as you can and report bugs which can be reproduced with exact steps and are not random.

Q. Where dat donate button yo?
    A. No, I don't accept donations. :)
    Hey all,

New build is up, this build has GApps built in. The date on the build is old because it was tested thoroughly for 3 days and has been pretty good so far. Some minor bug fixes and updates are included too.

EDIT: Clean flash recommended

Happy flashing :D
    Hey all,

Pushed a new build with bug fixes and minor improvements. The scroll artifact was really a big annoyance.

Enjoy Pie
    Peace :)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone