• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[9.0.0_r44][GSI] Omnirom [ARM64/32-A/AB][Unofficial][15-07-2019]

Search This thread

kylek389

Jan 10, 2014
Are we going to see update rebasing against phhusson's newest AOSP release? I myself switched from phhusson's AOSP 9.0 to this treble based OmniROM due omni's neat features and having Signature Spoofing compiled in allowing me to run microG properly on Huawei P20 Lite, last time I used omni was on Galaxy S2 and Nexus 5.
@king1990 do you happen to have a git repo with the changes that you made on top of phhusson's AOSP and any treble related changes made to the OmniROM itself? I'm interested in building your treble OmniROM and looking around the source code. I have recently been building phhusson's vanilla AOSP 9.0 with few minor patches like signature spoofing to get my feet wet, however I've been more interested in your treble ROM. Thanks.

Apr 4, 2017
Hi! Galaxy A70 user here.

Latest build boots but all that appears is a pure black screen in place of setup wizard, and all I seem to be able to do is access power menu. Does it have a GApps dependency? Because I hate Gapps :D

I'd love to help fix this issue. I couldn't take logs, I assume this build is adb-secure?

Thanks!

lookmanns14

Jul 17, 2018

Latest build boots but all that appears is a pure black screen in place of setup wizard, and all I seem to be able to do is access power menu. Does it have a GApps dependency? Because I hate Gapps :D

I'd love to help fix this issue. I couldn't take logs, I assume this build is adb-secure?

Thanks!
Remove your sim card and micro sd,then reboot

king1990

Oct 13, 2012
Are we going to see update rebasing against phhusson's newest AOSP release? I myself switched from phhusson's AOSP 9.0 to this treble based OmniROM due omni's neat features and having Signature Spoofing compiled in allowing me to run microG properly on Huawei P20 Lite, last time I used omni was on Galaxy S2 and Nexus 5.

@king1990 do you happen to have a git repo with the changes that you made on top of phhusson's AOSP and any treble related changes made to the OmniROM itself? I'm interested in building your treble OmniROM and looking around the source code. I have recently been building phhusson's vanilla AOSP 9.0 with few minor patches like signature spoofing to get my feet wet, however I've been more interested in your treble ROM. Thanks.
Well , this month I might not do a build for GSI as I was busy doing omni bring up to my device Axon 7 ( I succeed btw) , further phh is preparing a new build which will include many important fixes , so my next Omni GSI will include them all once he publish his new build.

for the second part currently I don't have a specific repo but I will include all Omni patches that can be applied using dakkar script and upload to my profile.

Could you build type of firmware ARM32_BINDER64-AB?
i have this structure on redmi 6a
thanks
AB ? are you sure check here

Thanks!

Wait for new build or try force SElinux to permissive

nealed

Mar 31, 2007
Eloise
Best GSI image I have tested (and I have tested a lot). Runniong well on my Mi 8 Pro (equuleus).
However, I have a few issues:

Persistent settings: SIM card for data selection, network type (CMDA-GSM-LTE etc). These do not persist when restarting the phone.
How can I make changes to force the settings to stick?

Missing settings:
I can search for "LTE" in settings and find "Enhanced 4G LTE Mode". When I tap on it, it takes me to the "Mobile Network" settings page, but the entry is missing.
I can search for "full" in settings and see "Enable scaling - Allow legacy apps to use full screen" which should be under OmniGears > Bars. Taping on the setting takes me to that section, but the option to allow legacy apps to use full screen is gone. It was there previously. What could have made this disappear? (I have installed Pix3lify Magisk Module - could this be the culprit?).

Can anyone shed some light on to how I can force these settings pages to show. I would like to test VoLTE on this setup, and have it enabled in phone info, but not in the Mobile Network Settings.

Thanks!

king1990

Oct 13, 2012
Best GSI image I have tested (and I have tested a lot). Runniong well on my Mi 8 Pro (equuleus).
However, I have a few issues:

Persistent settings: SIM card for data selection, network type (CMDA-GSM-LTE etc). These do not persist when restarting the phone.
How can I make changes to force the settings to stick?

Missing settings:
I can search for "LTE" in settings and find "Enhanced 4G LTE Mode". When I tap on it, it takes me to the "Mobile Network" settings page, but the entry is missing.
I can search for "full" in settings and see "Enable scaling - Allow legacy apps to use full screen" which should be under OmniGears > Bars. Taping on the setting takes me to that section, but the option to allow legacy apps to use full screen is gone. It was there previously. What could have made this disappear? (I have installed Pix3lify Magisk Module - could this be the culprit?).

Can anyone shed some light on to how I can force these settings pages to show. I would like to test VoLTE on this setup, and have it enabled in phone info, but not in the Mobile Network Settings.

Thanks!

Hi

for Network type , I'm not familiar with this so I can't give you an answer.
for "Enhanced 4G LTE Mode" this is for volte and need to be enabled in your overlay for the setting to appear or you can try and edit your build prop.
lastly for "Enable scaling" it was my mistake I forget to enable it before building the ROM should be fixed in next build.

nealed

Mar 31, 2007
Eloise
Hi

for Network type , I'm not familiar with this so I can't give you an answer.
for "Enhanced 4G LTE Mode" this is for volte and need to be enabled in your overlay for the setting to appear or you can try and edit your build prop.
lastly for "Enable scaling" it was my mistake I forget to enable it before building the ROM should be fixed in next build.

Thanks for your reply.

For the network, flashing a new vendor.img seems to have sorted this out.
For the "Enhanced 4G LTE Mode". This setting has appeared on all GSI Pie ROMs that I have tested (about 10 of them) once I "enable" the VoLTE options by build.prop edits. These edits make the options selectable in phone options (*#*#4636#*#*) which in turn make the options available in Mobile Network settings. Any idea what build.prop changes I might make? How can I find out which overlay is being used currently on my phone with this ROM please? I need to look into creating an overlay for my device I guess.
I can see the overlay file for my device (equuleus (Mi 8 Pro)) in system/overlays - but how can I tell if it's being used?

For the Enable scaling - I look forward to the next build :) Thanks.

I can see there is n

king1990

Oct 13, 2012
Thanks for your reply.

For the network, flashing a new vendor.img seems to have sorted this out.
For the "Enhanced 4G LTE Mode". This setting has appeared on all GSI Pie ROMs that I have tested (about 10 of them) once I "enable" the VoLTE options by build.prop edits. These edits make the options selectable in phone options (*#*#4636#*#*) which in turn make the options available in Mobile Network settings. Any idea what build.prop changes I might make? How can I find out which overlay is being used currently on my phone with this ROM please? I need to look into creating an overlay for my device I guess.
I can see the overlay file for my device (equuleus (Mi 8 Pro)) in system/overlays - but how can I tell if it's being used?

For the Enable scaling - I look forward to the next build :) Thanks.

I can see there is n

There is many build.prop tweak that might enable volte my carrier does not support so I don't bother about , you look through XDA or in google to find these edits.
if only that option is missing then there is no need to create an overlay.

it's booting on my mi a2 lite, but when it finished booting, system ui keep crashing and black screen, how to fix?
force the system to boot in permissive mode

nealed

Mar 31, 2007
Eloise
There is many build.prop tweak that might enable volte my carrier does not support so I don't bother about , you look through XDA or in google to find these edits.
if only that option is missing then there is no need to create an overlay.

Thanks, but that is not the issue. With the build.prop tweaks, VOLTE does not work, as the GSI ROMs do not show the setting to enable VoLTE in Mobile settings. Installing ims.apk as makes this appear and allows me to enable VoLTE, but breaks calling on my phone: I can make one HD call with VoLTE, but can never hang the call up, until I power off. (Even if I turn off the VoLTE, it does he same on a non HD call until I remove the ims.apk. This is with a QUalcomm 845 SoC. the ims.apk should work, but I suspect some Xiaomi MIUI framework nonsense issues. Not being able to call is not very useful for a "telephone"! Ha! It works flwalessly on MIUI original ROM and we don't have any custom non MIUI ROMS for this device.

Last edited:

kylek389

Jan 10, 2014
Hello king1990, when can we anticipate an update to this ROM with rebase against phhusson's latest 9.0 v119? I'm really looking forward to a git repo with all of your patches on top of Omnirom so I could build the ROM myself and keep it alive when phusson does future updates. Thanks.

CarbonGTR

Sep 12, 2019
(¬‿¬ )
Thanks, but that is not the issue. With the build.prop tweaks, VOLTE does not work, as the GSI ROMs do not show the setting to enable VoLTE in Mobile settings. Installing ims.apk as makes this appear and allows me to enable VoLTE, but breaks calling on my phone: I can make one HD call with VoLTE, but can never hang the call up, until I power off. (Even if I turn off the VoLTE, it does he same on a non HD call until I remove the ims.apk. This is with a QUalcomm 845 SoC. the ims.apk should work, but I suspect some Xiaomi MIUI framework nonsense issues. Not being able to call is not very useful for a "telephone"! Ha! It works flwalessly on MIUI original ROM and we don't have any custom non MIUI ROMS for this device.

This is not Xiaomi framework nonsense, The exact same thing happens to me on my Nokia 6.1 Plus which is a Android One phone. Its running on SDM 636.

Top Liked Posts