• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[9.0][OFFICIAL]Resurrection Remix v7.0.2 [klte]

Search This thread

MysteryIII

Nov 7, 2012
Perfect, vielen Dank!

actually, I had searched things like "double", "power", "camera" in the settings, but not the german "Kamera". So I learned that I should search in the used language.
No problem.
For general Settings you have always to use the system language for search. When it comes to custom ROM settings (like Resurrection Tools) it depends if the App has been fully localized in the used language (that's not always the case).

Pietroo1

Sep 6, 2020
I have a Update Information, to RR v. 8.5.9. It is possible, to overwrite it without Problems ?

JohnnyBoy662

Aug 13, 2017
I have a Update Information, to RR v. 8.5.9. It is possible, to overwrite it without Problems ?

I did, mainly just to try it out for size before bothering with a proper system install. I didn't experience any dirty-flash related issues, however I wasn't able to get the camera to save images to the external SD card (even after a wipe and clean install). That's a deal breaker for me, so I'll either be waiting for an update or passing on the upgrade. Issues with storage rights on external cards doesn't seem to be an isolated issue with Android 10, but I didn't find anyone else with the same issue that was able to fix it (at least not after a cursory search).

I guess it's back to v7.0.2 for me. God I wish Samsung would make a modern iteration of the S5 already. I can't believe this is still arguably the best option for people who want a waterproof phone with a replaceable battery.

PS.: Per this post, and after looking at the SD card in Windows Explorer, it looks like it may just be saving the images in '\Android\data\org.lineageos.snap\files', and the Gallery App doesn't have access to this file. It may also be related to why Dropbox doesn't seem to detect new images, either. In any case I think I'll wait for now. I don't know if it's specific to the S5, but I'm certainly not the only one experiencing it in some way.

Last edited:

rdeyoe

Nov 10, 2018
I just installed this on two old S5s after replacing the motherboards to change them from G900A (what a god awful, slow, bloated, locked BL and y'all know the rest) to G900T models. Broke one of the screens along the way. Spent many hours ensuring backups were complete, photos were saved and so on. I had gotten my lady her first smartphone, a refurbed S5 900A model for Christmas a couple of years ago. I know now I should've bought a 900T model, as she got me another phone when my S5 lost it's wifi ability. Of course she just ordered the same model I had bought her through my Amazon order....ugh, what a headache that model is.

After much hair pulling trying to root the 900A models, i found some main boards for $10 a piece. Figured I'd try to replace the boards, unlock sims and flash away. I bought two, just in case it worked on mine.

I've used RR (older version) in the past on another S5 years ago and really liked it, so I figured I'd give the resurrected RRs a shot once I got the hardware to cooperate.

I just logged in here after many years away to say what an incredible ROM this is! I'm completely blown away at how smooth and lightning fast these "outdated" phones are now! The storage is a quarter of what that 900A crap rom was. The speed is phenomenal, m'lady even noticed. After all day, she still had half a battery left....should've been in the teens, i couldn't believe it! Same on mine too.

Just wanted to say a very heartfelt thanks to all the devs, testers and users of RR for giving this old phone new life. I was this " " close to getting something without a removable battery (WHY?!?!). Added Nova launcher to make it even more beautiful.

Sorry so long but it needed to be said! :)

furkaan28

Sep 4, 2014
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I just installed this on two old S5s after replacing the motherboards to change them from G900A (what a god awful, slow, bloated, locked BL and y'all know the rest) to G900T models. Broke one of the screens along the way. Spent many hours ensuring backups were complete, photos were saved and so on. I had gotten my lady her first smartphone, a refurbed S5 900A model for Christmas a couple of years ago. I know now I should've bought a 900T model, as she got me another phone when my S5 lost it's wifi ability. Of course she just ordered the same model I had bought her through my Amazon order....ugh, what a headache that model is.

After much hair pulling trying to root the 900A models, i found some main boards for $10 a piece. Figured I'd try to replace the boards, unlock sims and flash away. I bought two, just in case it worked on mine.

I've used RR (older version) in the past on another S5 years ago and really liked it, so I figured I'd give the resurrected RRs a shot once I got the hardware to cooperate.

I just logged in here after many years away to say what an incredible ROM this is! I'm completely blown away at how smooth and lightning fast these "outdated" phones are now! The storage is a quarter of what that 900A crap rom was. The speed is phenomenal, m'lady even noticed. After all day, she still had half a battery left....should've been in the teens, i couldn't believe it! Same on mine too.

Just wanted to say a very heartfelt thanks to all the devs, testers and users of RR for giving this old phone new life. I was this " " close to getting something without a removable battery (WHY?!?!). Added Nova launcher to make it even more beautiful.

Sorry so long but it needed to be said! :)
:)

Reactions: vlad3647

Hamza Shahbaz

Jun 12, 2019
Bahawalpur
rrlogo.png

Resurrection Remix P

Code:
[SIZE="4"]/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/[/SIZE]

rrabout.png

Resurrection Remix the ROM has been based on LineageOS, SlimRoms, Omni and original Remix ROM builds, this creates an awesome

combination of performance, customization, power and the most new features, brought directly to your Device.

Many things that in previous versions were tweaked with mods, are now included by default in the ROM so, please enjoy!

Special thanks to, the LineageOS team, Omni team , SlimRoms and of course to all the supporters.

rrinstall.png

Make sure you have a custom recovery installed(TWRP is the preferred recovery)
Download the latest Resurrection Remix Rom & the latest GApps package
Boot into recovery (latest TWRP)
Perform a FULL factory wipe and wipe/system and dalvik cache as a precaution
Flash ResurrectionRemix Rom
Flash Google Apps package(Optional)
First boot may take up to 10 minutes.
Flash Magisk after 1st boot(Optional. If you don't see the App, install Magisk Apk)

rrdownload.png

ROM Download
GApps

rrsource.png

Resurrection Remix Source
Device Source
Kernel Source
Vendor Source

rrthanks.png

XDA Developers
LineageOs Team
Omni Team
And Of Course To All The Supporters, Donators And Users

rrbugs.png

If you have a major bug to report that has not been reported already, please take the following steps to report it to us. It will save you, Team Resurrection Remix and me quite some time.

Download the MatLog app from the Play Store.
After downloading the MatLog app, go to the app settings, and change the log level to Debug.
Clear all previous logs and take the exact steps to produce the error you are receiving. As soon as you receive the error (probably a force close), go straight into MatLog and stop the log recording.
Copy and paste the entire log either to Hastebin or Pastebin
Save the log, and copy and paste the link into the thread with a brief description of the error.

rrsocial.png

XDA:DevDB Information
Resurrection Remix, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S5

Contributors
furkaan28
ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
Beta
Beta Release Date: 2019-01-17

Created 2019-01-17
Last Updated 2019-04-30
I need this rom… Can you please give me an alternative link.? i can’t find it on the given link….

Reactions: Chris_0147

Hamza Shahbaz

Jun 12, 2019
Bahawalpur
Will lineage OS 16 kernel work with this? I have kltekdi…The rom isn’t available for kltekdi while lineage Os 16 is officially stable and available for this variant so i wanted to know if i can flash the LOS 16 kernel on this rom to make it work on Kltekdi…As far as i know RROS is based on LOS …so is that possible.?

AloneDisaster

Oct 20, 2020
Bogor
Will lineage OS 16 kernel work with this? I have kltekdi…The rom isn’t available for kltekdi while lineage Os 16 is officially stable and available for this variant so i wanted to know if i can flash the LOS 16 kernel on this rom to make it work on Kltekdi…As far as i know RROS is based on LOS …so is that possible.?
in theory is work, just try it!

fyi i'm install havoc 4.x klte A11 ROM with kltekor LOS 18.1 Kernel and sucessfully booting

Reactions: Hamza Shahbaz

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    in theory is work, just try it!

fyi i'm install havoc 4.x klte A11 ROM with kltekor LOS 18.1 Kernel and sucessfully booting
    Nope it doesn't boot...Keeps on looping...
    Maybe tuned kernel kltekdi version work for you
    Maybe tuned kernel kltekdi version work for you
    Yes gladly it works…😃and performance is also very good…
    Good too know, congrats!
    rrlogo.png

Resurrection Remix P

Code:
    [SIZE="4"]/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */[/SIZE]

rrabout.png

Resurrection Remix the ROM has been based on LineageOS, SlimRoms, Omni and original Remix ROM builds, this creates an awesome
    combination of performance, customization, power and the most new features, brought directly to your Device.

Many things that in previous versions were tweaked with mods, are now included by default in the ROM so, please enjoy!
    Special thanks to, the LineageOS team, Omni team , SlimRoms and of course to all the supporters.

rrinstall.png

Make sure you have a custom recovery installed(TWRP is the preferred recovery)
    Download the latest Resurrection Remix Rom & the latest GApps package
    Boot into recovery (latest TWRP)
    Perform a FULL factory wipe and wipe/system and dalvik cache as a precaution
    Flash ResurrectionRemix Rom
    Flash Google Apps package(Optional)
    First boot may take up to 10 minutes.
    Flash Magisk after 1st boot(Optional. If you don't see the App, install Magisk Apk)

rrdownload.png

ROM Download
    GApps

rrsource.png

Resurrection Remix Source
    Device Source
    Kernel Source
    Vendor Source

rrthanks.png

XDA Developers
    LineageOs Team
    Omni Team
    And Of Course To All The Supporters, Donators And Users

rrbugs.png

If you have a major bug to report that has not been reported already, please take the following steps to report it to us. It will save you, Team Resurrection Remix and me quite some time.

Download the MatLog app from the Play Store.
    After downloading the MatLog app, go to the app settings, and change the log level to Debug.
    Clear all previous logs and take the exact steps to produce the error you are receiving. As soon as you receive the error (probably a force close), go straight into MatLog and stop the log recording.
    Copy and paste the entire log either to Hastebin or Pastebin
    Save the log, and copy and paste the link into the thread with a brief description of the error.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Resurrection Remix, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S5

Contributors
    furkaan28
    ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Beta Release Date: 2019-01-17

Created 2019-01-17
    Last Updated 2019-04-30
    New update available.
    New update is up
    https://get.resurrectionremix.com/?dir=klte

Todays build is still permissive, but we figured out why enforcing wasnt booting. Next build will be enforcing again. Maybe tomorrow there will be another build :)