Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham

Resurrection Remix P

Code:
[SIZE="4"]/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */[/SIZE]

Resurrection Remix the ROM has been based on LineageOS, SlimRoms, Omni and original Remix ROM builds, this creates an awesome
combination of performance, customization, power and the most new features, brought directly to your Device.

Many things that in previous versions were tweaked with mods, are now included by default in the ROM so, please enjoy!
Special thanks to the LineageOS team, Omni team, SlimRoms and of course to all the supporters.

Make sure you have a custom recovery installed(TWRP is the preferred recovery)
Download the latest Resurrection Remix Rom & the latest GApps package
Boot into recovery
Perform a FULL factory wipe and wipe/system and dalvik cache as a precaution
Flash ResurrectionRemix Rom
Flash Google Apps package(Optional)
- If you are having issues flashing Google Apps (e.g Error 70) it means your system parition is too small and you'll need to flash the reparition tool below in TWRP to fix.
Repartition - Nexus 7 (2013) for FLO/DEB (16/32GB)
Flash Magisk Root(Optional)
First boot may take up to 10 minutes.

ROM Download (flo)
ROM Download (deb)
GApps

Resurrection Remix Source
Device Source (flo)
Device Source (deb)
Kernel Source
Vendor Source

XDA Developers
LineageOs Team
Omni Team
followmsi for trees
And Of Course To All The Supporters, Donators And Users

Same as the bugs in LineageOS 16.0

If you have a major bug to report that has not been reported already, please take the following steps to report it to us. It will save you, Team Resurrection Remix and me quite some time.

Download the MatLog app from the Play Store.
After downloading the MatLog app, go to the app settings, and change the log level to Debug.
Clear all previous logs and take the exact steps to produce the error you are receiving. As soon as you receive the error (probably a force close), go straight into MatLog and stop the log recording.
Copy and paste the entire log either to Hastebin or Pastebin
Save the log, and copy and paste the link into the thread with a brief description of the error.

Last edited:

JT1510365

Jan 7, 2014
South Lyon
Thank you for another pie rom i cant wait to download and flash:)

---------- Post added at 05:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 AM ----------

just flashed the rom and unfortunately rr tools force closes when in animation section in rr tools in settings app so i wont be using this rom unfortunately but other than that its butter smooth:)

Any fix for this?

turbolukex5

Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham
Thank you for another pie rom i cant wait to download and flash:)

---------- Post added at 05:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 AM ----------

just flashed the rom and unfortunately rr tools force closes when in animation section in rr tools in settings app so i wont be using this rom unfortunately but other than that its butter smooth:)

Any fix for this?
Could you send a full log of when this happens, seems like second device I've heard this happens on, for now, you can try to switch layouts using the arrows on the top right

Reactions: JT1510365

followmsi

Oct 10, 2013
Could you send a full log of when this happens, seems like second device I've heard this happens on, for now, you can try to switch layouts using the arrows on the top right
This is a bug .. happens on all devices without flashlight.
RR-Team still needs to get informed to fix it properly.

As workaround - just edit this file ..
https://github.com/ResurrectionRemi...lob/pie/src/com/android/settings/rr/Misc.java

Remove 2 lines ..
https://github.com/ResurrectionRemi...pie/src/com/android/settings/rr/Misc.java#L69
https://github.com/ResurrectionRemi...pie/src/com/android/settings/rr/Misc.java#L70

Code:
diff --git a/src/com/android/settings/rr/Misc.java b/src/com/android/settings/rr/Misc.java
index 381592a..06853f9 100644
--- a/src/com/android/settings/rr/Misc.java
+++ b/src/com/android/settings/rr/Misc.java
@@ -66,8 +66,6 @@ public class Misc extends SettingsPreferenceFragment implements
                ContentResolver resolver = getActivity().getContentResolver();

mFlashlightOnCall = (ListPreference) findPreference(FLASHLIGHT_ON_CALL);
-        if (!RRUtils.deviceSupportsFlashLight(mContext))
-            prefScreen.removePreference(mFlashlightOnCall);

}
Thanks for taking care of RR !

Cheers

turbolukex5

Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham
This is a bug .. happens on all devices without flashlight.
RR-Team still needs to get informed to fix it properly.

As workaround - just edit this file ..
https://github.com/ResurrectionRemi...lob/pie/src/com/android/settings/rr/Misc.java

Remove 2 lines ..
https://github.com/ResurrectionRemi...pie/src/com/android/settings/rr/Misc.java#L69
https://github.com/ResurrectionRemi...pie/src/com/android/settings/rr/Misc.java#L70

Thanks for taking care of RR !

Cheers
Thank you very much @followmsi

Reactions: followmsi

JT1510365

Jan 7, 2014
South Lyon
Updated 1st March build:-

- Used workaround which should fix RR tools from crashing.
Wow! That was so fast that we got a fix:)

Downloading now and going to test and i will report back regardless if i find any issues or not and many thanks for your hard work:)

Also huge thank you for still developing and supporting for our device that is 5-6 years old at this point:)

Last edited:
Reactions: 0E800

$p00ky

Aug 25, 2011
Penguin City
Just installed on Nexus 7 (2013) LTE -- works as a charm, thanks a lot to the developers!

Edit: I tried to encrypt the phone but that didn't go well (bootloop, then twrp was failing to decrypt it even with the correct pattern) so I formatted data, wiped it all and did a clean RR7 install (back to unencrypted).
I've read on some threads that I should encrypt the phone from the stock version before flashing RR7. Would that work?

Edit 2: Nope, still doesn't work. Encryption worked (I'm with stock with encryption enabled) but twrp-3.2.3-1_UA is unable to decrypt it (Pattern failed, please try again!) so I can't flash RR7.
Looks like we can't have an encrypted RR7. Back to the full process again without encryption...

Last edited:

JT1510365

Jan 7, 2014
South Lyon
Auto rotate and weather customizations don't work
Auto rotate and weather is working perfectly for me while using this rom so its not an issue. You should look up on youtube on how to fix the cable in your tablet to get auto rotate to work again you have a hardware issue

---------- Post added at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

Just installed on Nexus 7 (2013) LTE -- works as a charm, thanks a lot to the developers!

Edit: I tried to encrypt the phone but that didn't go well (bootloop, then twrp was failing to decrypt it even with the correct pattern) so I formatted data, wiped it all and did a clean RR7 install (back to unencrypted).
I've read on some threads that I should encrypt the phone from the stock version before flashing RR7. Would that work?

Edit 2: Nope, still doesn't work. Encryption worked (I'm with stock with encryption enabled) but twrp-3.2.3-1_UA is unable to decrypt it (Pattern failed, please try again!) so I can't flash RR7.
Looks like we can't have an encrypted RR7. Back to the full process again without encryption...
last time i checked this device is a tablet not a phone lol

$p00ky

Aug 25, 2011
Penguin City
Auto rotate and weather is working perfectly for me while using this rom so its not an issue. You should look up on youtube on how to fix the cable in your tablet to get auto rotate to work again you have a hardware issue

---------- Post added at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------
Make sure you enable weather service in miscellaneous
Weather works for me after enabling the service in the settings, but not auto rotate (still need to use the Rotation Control app).

last time i checked this device is a tablet not a phone lol
Well, it has a SIM card (so can make calls) and the same size as a Galaxy Note so nowadays that definition is debatable :)

JT1510365

Jan 7, 2014
South Lyon
Weather works for me after enabling the service in the settings, but not auto rotate (still need to use the Rotation Control app).

Well, it has a SIM card (so can make calls) and the same size as a Galaxy Note so nowadays that definition is debatable :)
rotation worked perfectly for me last time i used the rom i switched back to aicp 13.1 though but i do fully remember that auto rotate was not an issue with rr remix 7.0 when i tested it:)

---------- Post added at 11:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 PM ----------

New build released, now on the Official channel
New build works like a charm. and the only bug i noticed besides the obvious ones like nfc and compass is lockscreen music visualizer does not show up in lock screen when the setting is turned on and music is playing. Other than that the rom is great:)

Thank you so much for this awesome rom i look forward to future updates:)

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 PM ----------

wow wow wow. I can't believe that flo has so many pie.
i can't believe it either! Sometimes i think its just a dream but then i realize its reality! This device is 5-6 years old at this point in time and it amazes me that this tablet still gets development from time to time:)

I would love to have either crdroid pie on flo or havoc os pie on flo too we will have to wait and see if one day we will get those roms but i am grateful for the roms we have already:)