[9.0][OFFICIAL]Resurrection Remix v7.0 [guacamole]

Search This thread

DR4LUC0N

Jun 1, 2014
Warp charging works fine for me, but like @Kaz205 says it does not say it. The time it takes is definitely not just normal speed

Holy f**k, my s8+ God has quoted me!

Yeah I see that it worked, I loved this rom, had to go back to OOS though, my phone refused to get mms after multiple reinstall of this rom.

Planning on making a rom for this phone? I'd love to use it, you had the best rom on s8+

partcyborg

Recognized Developer
Jun 23, 2017
Holy f**k, my s8+ God has quoted me!

Yeah I see that it worked, I loved this rom, had to go back to OOS though, my phone refused to get mms after multiple reinstall of this rom.

Planning on making a rom for this phone? I'd love to use it, you had the best rom on s8+

There is already almost too many great options out there for this device, so I don't think it's necessary like with the s8. I actually had been working on porting RR, but Luis beat me to the punch and now this official is out.

HippoMan

May 5, 2009
Hippoland
Installation questions:boot slots; preserving old backups.

My OnePlus 7 Pro has two boot slots. Is there any special procedure for installing Resurrection in this two-slot environment?

For another ROM I that I experimented with, the instructions said to flash TWRP and the ROM into both slots, and to flash gapps and Magisk just once into the "current" slot.

I already have TWRP installed in both slots, so should I also install this ROM into each slot, as well?

Also ... my TWRP stores nandroid backups under /data/media/0/TWRP/BACKUPS. Will that data get erased as part of this Resurrection ROM installation? I want to preserve my old backups, so that in case there is a problem with the Resurrection flashing, I could restore the previous ROM.

If that backup data will indeed get erased during a normal Resurrection install, what is the recommended method for preserving the old backups?

Thank you very much.

PS: will I need to install Magisk canary with this ROM, or will the standard Magisk suffice?

Last edited:

sparky2029

Sep 24, 2016
My OnePlus 7 Pro has two boot slots. Is there any special procedure for installing Resurrection in this two-slot environment?

For another ROM I that I experimented with, the instructions said to flash TWRP and the ROM into both slots, and to flash gapps and Magisk just once into the "current" slot.

I already have TWRP installed in both slots, so should I also install this ROM into each slot, as well?

Also ... my TWRP stores nandroid backups under /data/media/0/TWRP/BACKUPS. Will that data get erased as part of this Resurrection ROM installation? I want to preserve my old backups, so that in case there is a problem with the Resurrection flashing, I could restore the previous ROM.

If that backup data will indeed get erased during a normal Resurrection install, what is the recommended method for preserving the old backups?

Thank you very much.

PS: will I need to install Magisk canary with this ROM, or will the standard Magisk suffice?
If you have a computer handy I would store the backups on the computer just in case something doesn't go as planned. As for flashing the rom, the way I do it is: flash rom then flash twrp... Reboot to recovery, flash rom again, and then flash twrp again. I then reboot the phone normally, if it hangs at the boot logo I go back into twrp and factory reset and then flash twrp again right after. After it boots up after I then go back into twrp and flash magisk and gapps if needed. Hopefully this helps you

Reactions: HippoMan

HippoMan

May 5, 2009
Hippoland
This does help, thank you very much.

However, I have one remaining question. I know how to save my existing nandroid backups on my PC using "adb pull" when booted into the OS. But if I somehow mess up the Resurrection install and want to reboot into my prevously nandroid-backed-up ROM, there is no way to boot into TWRP and restore that nandroid backup from my PC.

How would I restore that previous, PC-resident nandroid backup in this case?

HippoMan

May 5, 2009
Hippoland
[ ... ]
How would I restore that previous, PC-resident nandroid backup in this case?

I found the answer: when my device is in TWRP, my linux box can access it when it's plugged in via USB. It doesn't show up as a linux mount (which is why I never realized this before), but my device is indeed accessible via a file manager such as "nemo".

Therefore, if I want to restore an earlier backup after having wiped the data partition, I can go into TWRP, connect to linux, and copy the backup from linux to the data partition via "nemo". I can then restore that backup via TWRP.

Onward!

Last edited:

sparky2029

Sep 24, 2016
I found the answer: when my device is in TWRP, my linux box can access it when it's plugged in via USB. It doesn't get mounted (which is why I never realized this before), but my device is indeed accessible via a file manager such as "nemo".

Therefore, if I want to restore an earlier backup after having wiped the data partition, I can go into TWRP, connect to linux, and copy the backup from linux to the data partition via "nemo". And then, I can restore that backup via TWRP.

Onward!
Sorry I never got back to you, but you are absolutely correct, you can transfer files while I'm twrp, so that method would work great

Reactions: HippoMan

imatts

Oct 17, 2012
In the middle of restoring to Android 9 via MSM, then flashing this. Is there a need to follow an A/B guide at all? (like having to flash TWRP / ROM more than once)

Edit: I cant seem to root RR. I flash Rom, TWRP, reboot, Rom, TWRP, then boot successfuly, flash Magisk 20.3, boot stuck, then reboots to recovery, I try flashing latest magisk canary 20.4, boot stuck and reboots to recoveyr. What do I do?

Edit 2: is the issue that im using the decrypted 9.5.13 zip from the collections of unbrick tools thread??

Last edited:

xdg4y

Jan 7, 2020
In the middle of restoring to Android 9 via MSM, then flashing this. Is there a need to follow an A/B guide at all? (like having to flash TWRP / ROM more than once)

Edit: I cant seem to root RR. I flash Rom, TWRP, reboot, Rom, TWRP, then boot successfuly, flash Magisk 20.3, boot stuck, then reboots to recovery, I try flashing latest magisk canary 20.4, boot stuck and reboots to recoveyr. What do I do?

Edit 2: is the issue that im using the decrypted 9.5.13 zip from the collections of unbrick tools thread??

This rom is outdated and the dev has been gone for a long time now since he got rid of his 7 pro. So that means any issues it has will never be fixed cause there's no more support at all as you can see the most recent build is from last September. And it's pie. No one is building pie anymore.

imatts

Oct 17, 2012
This rom is outdated and the dev has been gone for a long time now since he got rid of his 7 pro. So that means any issues it has will never be fixed cause there's no more support at all as you can see the most recent build is from last September. And it's pie. No one is building pie anymore.

Thats ok, I wanted Pie anyway! I'm working on getting Havoc 2.9 (last pie update) too, but GAPPS aren't working (I tried all gapps, only Pico works)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    rrlogo.png

Resurrection Remix P

Code:
    [SIZE="4"]/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */[/SIZE]

rrabout.png

Resurrection Remix the ROM has been based on LineageOS, SlimRoms, Omni and original Remix ROM builds, this creates an awesome
    combination of performance, customization, power and the most new features, brought directly to your Device.

Many things that in previous versions were tweaked with mods, are now included by default in the ROM so, please enjoy!
    Special thanks to the LineageOS team, Omni team, SlimRoms and of course to all the supporters.

rrinstall.png

Make sure you have a custom recovery installed(TWRP is the preferred recovery)
    Download the latest Resurrection Remix Rom & the latest GApps package
    Boot into recovery
    Perform a FULL factory wipe as a precaution
    Flash ResurrectionRemix Rom
    Flash Google Apps package(Optional)
    Flash Magisk Root(Optional)
    First boot may take up to 10 minutes.

rrdownload.png

ROM Download
    GApps

rrsource.png

Resurrection Remix Source
    Kernel Source

rrthanks.png

XDA Developers
    LineageOs Team
    Omni Team
    And Of Course To All The Supporters, Donators And Users

rrbugs.png

* seems magisk 19.3 has issues with sending you to bootloader, use canary version 19.4.
    * wifi calling is being worked on but doesnt work atm
    * Android Auto(screen flicker) and twitch(audio but no video) currently have issues

If you have a major bug to report that has not been reported already, please take the following steps to report it to us. It will save you, Team Resurrection Remix and me quite some time.

Download the MatLog app from the Play Store.
    After downloading the MatLog app, go to the app settings, and change the log level to Debug.
    Clear all previous logs and take the exact steps to produce the error you are receiving. As soon as you receive the error (probably a force close), go straight into MatLog and stop the log recording.
    Copy and paste the entire log either to Hastebin or Pastebin
    Save the log, and copy and paste the link into the thread with a brief description of the error.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [9.0][OFFICIAL]Resurrection Remix v7.0 [guacamole], ROM for the OnePlus 7 Pro

Contributors
    mracar
    ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information

Created 2019-08-29
    Last Updated 2019-08-29
    No i am at the right place i know its not OnePlus 7 thread but i just want to know that is it available for Non pro OnePlus 7

You're in the wrong place. Go look at op7 threads, if you don't see it there its not available.
    Wow official one:laugh: