Search This thread

ronnay ryukay

Dec 28, 2018
https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F0aSPzXe.png

Code:
/*
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

Introduction
LineageOS, an open-source Android distribution, is available for several devices,
with more being continuously added thanks to the biggest, yet ever growing, Android open-source community.
Join us and breathe new life in your device, be it old or new.
If you don't know LineageOS and would like to read about it before installing it you can take a look at the official Website.

Images
Here are some Screenshots of this ROM.
Waiting...

Features
Individuality
Customization is paramount to productivity.
That’s why LineageOS promises to push for user personalization and preference.
Everyone is unique and your device should be too.
Security
Your data, your rules. With powerful tools such as Privacy Guard, you are in control of what your apps can do whenever you want.
Trust will help you understand the security of your device and warn you about possible threats.
We take security very seriously: that’s why we deliver security updates every month to all our supported devices.
And to make your device more secure, lock everything behind an enhanced lock screen.
Longevity
LineageOS extends the functionality and lifespan of mobile devices from more than 20 different manufacturers thanks to our open-source community of contributors from all around the world.

Installation instructions
Prerequisites:
  • Unlocked Sony Xperia Z3
  • Fastboot drivers to install TWRP
  • Micro-USB Cable to connect your phone to your computer
Install:
  1. Reboot to TWRP. *
  2. Wipe cache, dalvik cache, data and system.
  3. Format data to get rid of encryption.
  4. Install ROM.
  5. Install 9.0 Gapps for ARM. **
* recommended TWRP: Download
** optional

Update:
  • Get the latest build
  • Boot into TWRP
  • Flash the downloaded build
  • Reboot, if you don't wipe system backuptool will handle to reapply your modifications, for example: GApps.

Changelog
Code:
Changelog 2020-02-06
* latest LineageOS 16 sources (06 Feb 2020)
* build with the official LineageOS manifest files
* manually picked a [URL="https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_device_sony_shinano-common/+/265583"]patch to address in-call audio issues[/URL]
* Audio: in-call handset audio volume still too high, but should now be at least OK
* Audio: in-call echo when phone is in speaker mode: echo should now be minimal / close to zero

Changelog 2019-10-31
* Fixed offmode charging at Wall chargers (previously bright screen)
* Fixed offmode charging at computers (previously reboot loop)

Changelog 2019-10-06
* Set media volume steps to 25 and voice call volume steps to 7
* Actually use our cache partition, previously we were using a link to /data/cache instead of mounting the cache partition as /cache
* Cleanup of rootdir scripts
* Fixed DPI

Changelog 2019-08-21
* Initial release

Downloads
Download the ROM

Addons
OpenGapps
Magisk
SU-Addon

Thanks
Whole LineageOS Team for this amazing ROM
@rcstar6696
@Myself5
@drakonizer
@tomascus
@koron393
@nailyk
@SpiritCroc
I hope I haven't forgot anyone

Bugs
WHAT'S BROKEN
  • 4K Video recording doesn't work in stock camera, but works for example in OpenCamera.
  • You tell me

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS 16.0 z3, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z3

Contributors
NeoArian
Mr.Tom_Tom

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 2020-02-06
Stable Release Date: 2019-10-06
Current Beta Version: 2019-08-21
Beta Release Date: 2019-08-21

Created 2019-08-21
Last Updated 2019-02-06

Last edited:

ronnay ryukay

Dec 28, 2018
Here you can find a freshly compiled unofficial LineageOS 16.0 build. This may probably the last build before we go "official" with LineageOS 16 for the Z3!

Last edited:
Reactions: dhacke

dhacke

Nov 4, 2018
@NeoArian

Mayby you had hear from the kernel sec flaw which is already activly use in the wild.
It's fixed with the CVE 2015-2215 which comes with 6.october patch level.

I already checked the gerrit page of Lineage OS where i only found a commit for the 5.october level.

So my question is the following:
Do you know whether our z3/z3c gets the fix still or will the sec patch remain at 5.october in the next build from you?

PS: Thanks @ronidianpatisa to create the threads for NeoArian

Last edited:

ronymany

Oct 1, 2016
After firmware recommended does not go into twrp. The problem occurs in the neighboring branch z3c. While it is impossible to solve the problem.

AhmedxCR7x

Oct 17, 2019
Please this rom work with z3 dual d6633? And if no what should i do to make it work

Because i use the past version and network dont work????? And this rom have night mode or no

Last edited:

bey.dll

Oct 18, 2019
patching system image unconditionally

While installing the rom, it gives me that "patching system image unconditionally". Can you help about it?

dhacke

Nov 4, 2018
I think this rom is not working well. Because I'm installing lineage-16.0-20190821-UNOFFICIAL-z3. It works.

Well on my z3 the rom in the 6.10.19 version works. No problems with installation and atm i use it as daily driver.
Only problem which i count is the wifi (my phone doesn't want to connect but the reason could my Router, too; i still don't checked it until now).

bey.dll

Oct 18, 2019
Use we recommended twrp on thread...

I'm flashing twrp 3.3.1 After that I reboot my phone but it's not working, just black screen. I'm trying that with twrp 3.2.3. The Rom(20191006) is loading but still my phone has a black screen after reboot. Now I loaded again the rom(20190821) with twrp 3.2.3. How can i upgrade it to stable version(20191006)?

dhacke

Nov 4, 2018
I'm flashing twrp 3.3.1 After that I reboot my phone but it's not working, just black screen. I'm trying that with twrp 3.2.3. The Rom(20191006) is loading but still my phone has a black screen after reboot. Now I loaded again the rom(20190821) with twrp 3.2.3. How can i upgrade it to stable version(20191006)?

Which 3.3.1 twrp did you use? NeoArian has three twrps for the z3 ( 0.2, 0.3, 0.4) on his SourceForge folder.
I'm on 3.3.1-0.4-z3.

Regarding Update:
Probably you could do a dirty flash (unless you activate encryption) but i prefer always a clean flash.

Last edited:

bey.dll

Oct 18, 2019
Which 3.3.1 twrp did you use? NeoArian has three twrps for the z3 ( 0.2, 0.3, 0.4) on his SourceForge folder.
I'm on 3.3.1-0.4-z3.

Regarding Update:
Probably you could do a dirty flash (unless you activate encryption) but i prefer always a clean flash.
I used 3.3.1-04 just ronidianpatisa said.

Mauladen

Jan 5, 2019
What bugs are there besides those in the topic header? Is the firmware stable to work on an ongoing basis?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F0aSPzXe.png

Code:
    /*
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Introduction
    LineageOS, an open-source Android distribution, is available for several devices,
    with more being continuously added thanks to the biggest, yet ever growing, Android open-source community.
    Join us and breathe new life in your device, be it old or new.
    If you don't know LineageOS and would like to read about it before installing it you can take a look at the official Website.

Images
    Here are some Screenshots of this ROM.
    Waiting...

Features
    Individuality
    Customization is paramount to productivity.
    That’s why LineageOS promises to push for user personalization and preference.
    Everyone is unique and your device should be too.
    Security
    Your data, your rules. With powerful tools such as Privacy Guard, you are in control of what your apps can do whenever you want.
    Trust will help you understand the security of your device and warn you about possible threats.
    We take security very seriously: that’s why we deliver security updates every month to all our supported devices.
    And to make your device more secure, lock everything behind an enhanced lock screen.
    Longevity
    LineageOS extends the functionality and lifespan of mobile devices from more than 20 different manufacturers thanks to our open-source community of contributors from all around the world.

Installation instructions
    Prerequisites:
    • Unlocked Sony Xperia Z3
    • Fastboot drivers to install TWRP
    • Micro-USB Cable to connect your phone to your computer
    Install:
    1. Reboot to TWRP. *
    2. Wipe cache, dalvik cache, data and system.
    3. Format data to get rid of encryption.
    4. Install ROM.
    5. Install 9.0 Gapps for ARM. **
    * recommended TWRP: Download
    ** optional

Update:
    • Get the latest build
    • Boot into TWRP
    • Flash the downloaded build
    • Reboot, if you don't wipe system backuptool will handle to reapply your modifications, for example: GApps.

Changelog
    Code:
    Changelog 2020-02-06
    * latest LineageOS 16 sources (06 Feb 2020)
    * build with the official LineageOS manifest files
    * manually picked a [URL="https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_device_sony_shinano-common/+/265583"]patch to address in-call audio issues[/URL]
    * Audio: in-call handset audio volume still too high, but should now be at least OK
    * Audio: in-call echo when phone is in speaker mode: echo should now be minimal / close to zero

Changelog 2019-10-31
    * Fixed offmode charging at Wall chargers (previously bright screen)
    * Fixed offmode charging at computers (previously reboot loop)

Changelog 2019-10-06
    * Set media volume steps to 25 and voice call volume steps to 7
    * Actually use our cache partition, previously we were using a link to /data/cache instead of mounting the cache partition as /cache
    * Cleanup of rootdir scripts
    * Fixed DPI

Changelog 2019-08-21
    * Initial release

Downloads
    Download the ROM

Addons
    OpenGapps
    Magisk
    SU-Addon

Thanks
    Whole LineageOS Team for this amazing ROM
    @rcstar6696
    @Myself5
    @drakonizer
    @tomascus
    @koron393
    @nailyk
    @SpiritCroc
    I hope I haven't forgot anyone

Bugs
    WHAT'S BROKEN
    • 4K Video recording doesn't work in stock camera, but works for example in OpenCamera.
    • You tell me

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 16.0 z3, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z3

Contributors
    NeoArian
    Mr.Tom_Tom

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 2020-02-06
    Stable Release Date: 2019-10-06
    Current Beta Version: 2019-08-21
    Beta Release Date: 2019-08-21

Created 2019-08-21
    Last Updated 2019-02-06
    New build available

Here you can find a freshly compiled inofficial LineageOS 16.0 build. This may probably the last build before we go "official" with LineageOS 16 for the Z3!

Download ROM
    Download MD5 Checksum file

Changelog / Sources:
    - latest LineageOS 16 sources (06 Feb 2020)
    - build with the official LineageOS manifest files
    - manually picked a patch to address in-call audio issues

Adressed bugs/issues:
    - Audio: in-call handset audio volume still too high, but should now be at least OK
    - Audio: in-call echo when phone is in speaker mode: echo should now be minimal / close to zero

As always, thanks to @NeoArian for maintaining the repositories.
    To all users, we are working on building a new LineageOS 16 behind the free time we have, especially @ Mr.Tom_Tom. we will try as fast as possible to provide the latest builds for all users.
    Move to Official Release

Big Thanks to Mr.Tom_Tom and NeoArian for the development of LineageOS Official Z3 :)
    I did some research on that vulnerability and I am pretty sure that as of today our kernel is not patched yet, at least in the official LineageOS repo and also on NeoArian's repo.

On the other hand I have not seen a proof-of-concept for 3.4 kernel yet, although I have read that it should be vulnarable as well as the newer kernels.

@NeoArian: Do you think we can implement (just cherrypick?) that patch?
    Yes, I can implement this. I will Push the commit for review. https://review.lineageos.org/q/project:LineageOS%2Fandroid_kernel_sony_msm8974 Please add code review +1 and verified +1 when you tested it successfully. I will merge it then into the official LineageOS repo. (For official lineage-17.0 builds)

Apart from that: friendly reminder to test FMRadio on the build!!! This is really important because my headphone jack died on my z3c so I can't test it myself.