• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[9][OFFICIAL][WEEKLY] CarbonROM | cr-7.0 [maple]

Search This thread

Myself5

Recognized Developer
Mar 17, 2011
myself5.de
uK2Q5sA.png

CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look, build, and use our code at CarbonROM's GitHub...

Disclaimer:
While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! These builds are experimental and can contain Bugs (as listed above). Make sure to do backups.

Support:
We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ
3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.
4) Join our Discord server or Telegram group! There, you can connect with other Carbon users and our developers, and you can get quicker responses to your bug reports. The invite link is right below.

Download
Join the CarbonROM Discord server
Meet us on Telegram
Homepage
GitHub
Kernel source

Special thanks to @derf elot and @modpunk for most of the work on the yoshino platform.

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

XDA:DevDB Information
CarbonROM, ROM for the Sony Xperia XZ Premium

Contributors
Myself5, CarbonROM
Source Code: https://github.com/CarbonROM

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2019-08-24
Last Updated 2019-08-28

s10119807

May 21, 2017
Sorry for my bad english
But I found some problems:
1. NFC is not working, I cant open NFC

2.Fingerprint sensor is insensitive,
when I try to create my fingerprint,the system says "It has stains on sensor." but I have cleaned already

Sorry it seems that is my problem , please ignore it.

3.Style Cover Stand SCSG10 is working inappropriate (same problem on early oreo builds)
when i covered up, xzp couldn't sleep

4.Mobile data cant work

others seems work perfectly

My firmware is 47.2.A.10.107
---
Edit:
I changed firmware to 47.1.A.16.20, NFC can work now

SCSG10 still works inappropriately, and Mobile data doesn't work. (only calls / sms)

But now the system says "your vendor doesn't match to your system".

Last edited:

人做天看

Dec 19, 2016
1,NFC is dead

2,G8142 card 2 can't be recognized

3,Network not available

(basic on .107)

other things working Great!!!

how about make Camera Switch available?

Myself5

Recognized Developer
Mar 17, 2011
myself5.de
I'm coming from a fully clean install of 47.2.A.10.107.

NFC is working fine, however I can confirm the mobile data issue, which is very weird as this was working flawless before. I'm looking into it.

As for DualSIM support: I released a build in the 6.1 thread a few days ago, which no DualSIM user provided any feedback to, so I went ahead and released these builds with the Single SIM device in mind. Unless I find a way to unify the devices (like I did in Oreo, which apparently doesn't work anymore because thats what this build uses) I'm not going to support the DualSIM variants.

If anyone is willing to help me debugging this issue on the DualSIM variants by flashing testbuilds and getting logs etc, hit me up.

Edit: found the cause for the mobile data, must've removed that by accident during a cleanup. A working build will be released later today

EDIT2: Build is running right now and will appear on the download page once done.

Last edited:

s10119807

May 21, 2017
Thanks for fixing Mobile data and now it works.

NFC is also working, but need reboot after gapps setup wizard or first boot, I dont know if this is a problem.
(Just clean flash 47.2.A.10.107, I dont know why i cant open nfc in my first try. I clean flashed before...)

Can anyone confirm camera2api and gcam hdr+ support?

No, this rom blobs are based stock, so no level3 support.

Last edited:

LSS4181

Mar 13, 2012
Google Pixel C
Razer Phone 2

NFC is working fine, however I can confirm the mobile data issue, which is very weird as this was working flawless before. I'm looking into it.

It seems Carbon's kernel tree is almost identical to cryptomilk's.

I recall I can't turn on NFC when using cryptomilk's kernel tree to build my own ROMs, either. However, NFC works fine with Sjll's kernel tree, despite being a few days older.

Not sure about the exact cause of this, but it's possible that something in 47.2.A.10.107 might be needed. My phone is currently still based on 47.2.A.10.80 as the .107 build for my region is not out. If the older stock base is indeed the cause of the issue, I'll consider flashing a current stock ROM of different region.

As for DualSIM support: I released a build in the 6.1 thread a few days ago, which no DualSIM user provided any feedback to, so I went ahead and released these builds with the Single SIM device in mind. Unless I find a way to unify the devices (like I did in Oreo, which apparently doesn't work anymore because thats what this build uses) I'm not going to support the DualSIM variants.

If anyone is willing to help me debugging this issue on the DualSIM variants by flashing testbuilds and getting logs etc, hit me up.

Does SD card functionality still work on G8142? I haven't tested the new CarbonROM build, but personally I had positive results with SD card on other ROMs/kernels that were targeting G8141.

Myself5

Recognized Developer
Mar 17, 2011
myself5.de

I recall I can't turn on NFC when using cryptomilk's kernel tree to build my own ROMs, either. However, NFC works fine with Sjll's kernel tree, despite being a few days older.

Not sure about the exact cause of this, but it's possible that something in 47.2.A.10.107 might be needed. My phone is currently still based on 47.2.A.10.80 as the .107 build for my region is not out. If the older stock base is indeed the cause of the issue, I'll consider flashing a current stock ROM of different region.

Given it works on both my phones that were on .107 before and that the blobs are from .107, this could be the cause. If you flash the latest stock ROM make sure to fully boot into it at least once because the stock ROM sometimes also upgrades the NFC Firmware on the chip itself.

P.S. The kernel is the same as cryptomilks.

Does SD card functionality still work on G8142? I haven't tested the new CarbonROM build, but personally I had positive results with SD card on other ROMs/kernels that were targeting G8141.

Oh cmon man you literally quoted a message of me saying that I don't have the Dual SIM variant nor any testers for it (yet). I have quite a few ideas on how I could fix it, but without any testers I'm just not gonna touch it at all.

s10119807

May 21, 2017
I have G8142 and I can say, "Yes, SD card still works on G8142."

But I dont have 2nd sim card so i cant test if dualsim works :(

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190826-195301.png
    Screenshot_20190826-195301.png
    138.5 KB · Views: 2,169
Last edited:

sergey19642

Nov 9, 2016
Москва
The Smart Cover function does not work, the screen continues to light after closing the cover, or the action of the magnetic cover (by the Hall sensor), I do not know how it should, but it does not work ..

So far stable enough to be daily driver except issues with magisk. Magisk keeps getting uninstalled on its own and have to be reinstalled in twrp every now and then. And after it gets installed, the rom stutters and doesn't open any apps or the settings and have to be restarted a few times for it to go back to normal.

Also a feature to modify charging led settings would be awesome. (I tried to find and modify it in root but couldn't find the charging led settings in /sys/class/leds)

Camera is frickin awesome. It's sooo much better than stock even without lvl3 camera2api. For anyone trying to find a decent camera app, try using opencamera with camera2api enabled in settings. Except for hdr(doesn't work, will force close), it's able to take really good images. If only somehow able to shoot 960fps slomo :( .

Last edited:

Myself5

Recognized Developer
Mar 17, 2011
myself5.de
I spent some time working with @haiha2001 on the XZ1 Dual today. Along the road we came across a few things but it's not working yet. HOWEVER, the XZ1 seems to have a different/more advanced issue than the XZ Premium. Whereas the XZ Premium has SIM1 working, the XZ1 doesn't have any SIM working at all.

That brings me to the following:

There was a fairly obvious flaw (thank Sony for that for not having unity of system property locations across Single/Dual SIM) which could explain why only one SIM is working on the XZ Premium. I've fixed it in the linked boot.img. If someone with two SIM Cards and the Dual SIM variant could try and let me know how it's doing on maple_dsds I'd be very happy.

https://dl.myself5.de/maple/.fwafwafwafo/boot.img

flash it via fastboot with
Code:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
on top of the latest weekly.

haiha2001

Off-topic but @haiha2001 is a great guy! He also tests aroma zip files and other zips for me, to do with another rom.
Because I see the XZ1 seems to be less supported by programmers for this device while the XZ Premium has quite a lot, while I know that the XZ Premium is not too different from the off-screen XZ1, so I'm willing to support the programmers to check the rom or mod version for XZ1, if they have an idea I will help my best ?

Sent from my Sony G8342 using XDA Labs

Reactions: Beetle84

Myself5

Recognized Developer
Mar 17, 2011
myself5.de
Just flashed your boot.IMG

I'll put in the wife's sim and see

Did she voluntarily gave it to you yet or do we need to send armed troops to make her :p? First screenshot looks promising already.

also, in case you're rooted, please get me the output of the following:

Code:
adb shell
then enter
Code:
su
(Accept Magisk request on the phone)
and then run
Code:
cat /cache/modem/modem_switcher_status
cat /cache/modem/modem_switcher_report
And send me the output.

Alternatively you can run it via terminal emulator starting at the "su" part.

Off-topic but @haiha2001 is a great guy! He also tests aroma zip files and other zips for me, to do with another rom.

+1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    uK2Q5sA.png

CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look, build, and use our code at CarbonROM's GitHub...

Disclaimer:
    While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! These builds are experimental and can contain Bugs (as listed above). Make sure to do backups.

Support:
    We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
    2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ
    3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.
    4) Join our Discord server or Telegram group! There, you can connect with other Carbon users and our developers, and you can get quicker responses to your bug reports. The invite link is right below.

Download
    Join the CarbonROM Discord server
    Meet us on Telegram
    Homepage
    GitHub
    Kernel source

Special thanks to @derf elot and @modpunk for most of the work on the yoshino platform.

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

XDA:DevDB Information
    CarbonROM, ROM for the Sony Xperia XZ Premium

Contributors
    Myself5, CarbonROM
    Source Code: https://github.com/CarbonROM

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2019-08-24
    Last Updated 2019-08-28
    The latest builds released yesterday contain a fix for the SDCard permission issues. That should mean all the problems with apps like RealRacing 3 or Gardenscapes should be fixed now.

Credits to @derf elot for spending countless hours on finding the fix.

Edit: found the cause for the mobile data, must've removed that by accident during a cleanup. A working build will be released later today

EDIT2: Build is running right now and will appear on the download page once done.

Given it works on both my phones that were on .107 before and that the blobs are from .107, this could be the cause. If you flash the latest stock ROM make sure to fully boot into it at least once because the stock ROM sometimes also upgrades the NFC Firmware on the chip itself.

P.S. The kernel is the same as cryptomilks.

Oh cmon man you literally quoted a message of me saying that I don't have the Dual SIM variant nor any testers for it (yet). I have quite a few ideas on how I could fix it, but without any testers I'm just not gonna touch it at all.
    Just flashed your boot.IMG

I'll put in the wife's sim and see