[9][OFFICIAL][WEEKLY] CarbonROM | cr-7.0 [maple]

Search This thread

netwave

• Does anyone know where I can get the correct QQ3A.200605.001 Vendor image for the G8141 as updated an old build to the latest in the updater.

*Solved*
    Updated Stock & as Myself5 says, Stay far away from Sony's SW binaries.
    Flashing is no longer required + causes issues.

Last edited:

K4lzz

Jul 29, 2020
    So I recently flashed this ROM and i'm very impressed. It is very stable and clean. However I have one small issue. For some reason the screen sensitivity has become unresponsive. Sometimes I have to click 2-3 times on a certain place to get a response out of the screen. No idea why this happens.

{Qhost}

Aug 8, 2020
    Elazığ
    Yoshino rom

First of all hi i have xz premium device and i want to use android 10 i have sony released a rom for this device and i want to install this rom on my device but i need help i did research on several forums and i found topics on different devices different roms but no source for this rom I couldn't find it and I don't want to install a different rom, thank you very much if you can help.

janvantonder

Aug 17, 2007
    Hello!

Is there any chance of getting the Sony Stock Camera App pre-installed on CarbonROM?

Most custom ROMs (Havoc, Bliss, PixelExperience, AOSP, CRDroid,....) have the Sony camera app pre-installed. Unfortunately the best ROM (this one) does not :(

Myself5

Recognized Developer
  • Mar 17, 2011
    myself5.de
    Hello!

Is there any chance of getting the Sony Stock Camera App pre-installed on CarbonROM?

Most custom ROMs (Havoc, Bliss, PixelExperience, AOSP, CRDroid,....) have the Sony camera app pre-installed. Unfortunately the best ROM (this one) does not :(

Current not planned. I may however release a seperate flashable zip for it at some point.

Toni Mahmud

Nov 24, 2016
    Burgas
    Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      uK2Q5sA.png

CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look, build, and use our code at CarbonROM's GitHub...

Disclaimer:
      While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! These builds are experimental and can contain Bugs (as listed above). Make sure to do backups.

Support:
      We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
      2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ
      3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.
      4) Join our Discord server or Telegram group! There, you can connect with other Carbon users and our developers, and you can get quicker responses to your bug reports. The invite link is right below.

Download
      Join the CarbonROM Discord server
      Meet us on Telegram
      Homepage
      GitHub
      Kernel source

Special thanks to @derf elot and @modpunk for most of the work on the yoshino platform.

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

XDA:DevDB Information
      CarbonROM, ROM for the Sony Xperia XZ Premium

Contributors
      Myself5, CarbonROM
      Source Code: https://github.com/CarbonROM

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
      ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
      Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2019-08-24
      Last Updated 2019-08-28
      The latest builds released yesterday contain a fix for the SDCard permission issues. That should mean all the problems with apps like RealRacing 3 or Gardenscapes should be fixed now.

Credits to @derf elot for spending countless hours on finding the fix.
      I'm coming from a fully clean install of 47.2.A.10.107.

NFC is working fine, however I can confirm the mobile data issue, which is very weird as this was working flawless before. I'm looking into it.

As for DualSIM support: I released a build in the 6.1 thread a few days ago, which no DualSIM user provided any feedback to, so I went ahead and released these builds with the Single SIM device in mind. Unless I find a way to unify the devices (like I did in Oreo, which apparently doesn't work anymore because thats what this build uses) I'm not going to support the DualSIM variants.

If anyone is willing to help me debugging this issue on the DualSIM variants by flashing testbuilds and getting logs etc, hit me up.

Edit: found the cause for the mobile data, must've removed that by accident during a cleanup. A working build will be released later today

EDIT2: Build is running right now and will appear on the download page once done.
      It seems Carbon's kernel tree is almost identical to cryptomilk's.

I recall I can't turn on NFC when using cryptomilk's kernel tree to build my own ROMs, either. However, NFC works fine with Sjll's kernel tree, despite being a few days older.

Not sure about the exact cause of this, but it's possible that something in 47.2.A.10.107 might be needed. My phone is currently still based on 47.2.A.10.80 as the .107 build for my region is not out. If the older stock base is indeed the cause of the issue, I'll consider flashing a current stock ROM of different region.

Given it works on both my phones that were on .107 before and that the blobs are from .107, this could be the cause. If you flash the latest stock ROM make sure to fully boot into it at least once because the stock ROM sometimes also upgrades the NFC Firmware on the chip itself.

P.S. The kernel is the same as cryptomilks.

Does SD card functionality still work on G8142? I haven't tested the new CarbonROM build, but personally I had positive results with SD card on other ROMs/kernels that were targeting G8141.

Oh cmon man you literally quoted a message of me saying that I don't have the Dual SIM variant nor any testers for it (yet). I have quite a few ideas on how I could fix it, but without any testers I'm just not gonna touch it at all.
      Just flashed your boot.IMG

I'll put in the wife's sim and see
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone