Search This thread

Myself5

Recognized Developer
Mar 17, 2011
myself5.de
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Sony Xperia Z3v
uK2Q5sA.png

CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look, build, and use our code at CarbonROM's GitHub...

Disclaimer:
While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! These builds are experimental and can contain Bugs (as listed above). Make sure to do backups.

Support:
We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ
3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.
4) Join our Discord server or Telegram group! There, you can connect with other Carbon users and our developers, and you can get quicker responses to your bug reports. The invite link is right below.

Download
Join the CarbonROM Discord server
Meet us on Telegram
Homepage
GitHub
Kernel source

Special thanks to @derf elot and @modpunk for most of the work on the yoshino platform.

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

XDA:DevDB Information
CarbonROM, ROM for the Sony Xperia XZ1

Contributors
Myself5, CarbonROM
Source Code: https://github.com/CarbonROM

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2019-08-24
Last Updated 2019-08-28

LuxferreX

Apr 13, 2017
大连
wow!awsome!

---------- Post added at 08:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 AM ----------

How to flash it ?
Can you guide me step to step ?
And we need install gapps at the same time with rom ?

1.backup your data
2.unlock the bootloader
3.flash the recovery---TWRP
4.format the data partition
5.wipe your device
6.push the rom to your device
7.flash the rom
8.reboot&enjoy

Reactions: tombbb

haiha2001

wow!awsome!

---------- Post added at 08:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 AM ----------

1.backup your data
2.unlock the bootloader
3.flash the recovery---TWRP
4.format the data partition
5.wipe your device
6.push the rom to your device
7.flash the rom
8.reboot&enjoy
Which version of TWRP you have used to flash rom ?
We don't need gapps ?

hsheemi

Jan 30, 2015
Edit : if i have dual sim, i can you this twrp for popular dsds to flash this rom : https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=6006931924117921380

U can't use it u have to use the twrp for single sim

I tried it on xz1 dual but it doesn't detect sim card I think it's for single sim only

---------- Post added at 12:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

uK2Q5sA.png

CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Disclaimer:
While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! These builds are experimental and can contain Bugs (as listed above). Make sure to do backups.

Support:
We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.
4) Join our Discord server! There, you can connect with other Carbon users and our developers, and you can get quicker responses to your bug reports. The invite link is right below.
5) Please keep bugreports to this thread or Discord. Do NOT create a Jira ticket. This is still in early development so we don't accept any bugreports yet.

Download
Meet us on Telegram
GitHub
Kernel source

Special thanks to @derf elot and @modpunk for most of the work on the yoshino platform.

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

Contributors
Myself5, CarbonROM

Version Information

Created 2019-08-24
Last Updated 2019-08-23

Thanks so much for this wonderful ROM but please make a version for dsds

Last edited:

Myself5

Recognized Developer
Mar 17, 2011
myself5.de
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Sony Xperia Z3v
U can't use it u have to use the twrp for single sim

I tried it on xz1 dual but it doesn't detect sim card I think it's for single sim only

---------- Post added at 12:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

Thanks so much for this wonderful ROM but please make a version for dsds

No logs, no detailed descriptions, no support. I've asked for someone to test the build on the DualSIM variant a few days ago. You were among those who answered but didn't provide any feedback. So i went ahead and released a version that is tested on the SingleSIM Variant and now there's 4 people complaining about DualSIM support?

less than 12 Hours of creating this thread I already regret touching Sony devices again...

Also, did you really have to quote all of the OP...?

lilbrat

Jun 13, 2011
Amman
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5
Nothing Phone 2
No logs, no detailed descriptions, no support. I've asked for someone to test the build on the DualSIM variant a few days ago. You were among those who answered but didn't provide any feedback. So i went ahead and released a version that is tested on the SingleSIM Variant and now there's 4 people complaining about DualSIM support?

less than 12 Hours of creating this thread I already regret touching Sony devices again...

It was 3 days ago and all you ask was how did it work regarding the dual sim, in your other thread, but with all do respect not to many are willing to or for that matter going to down grade to Android 8 , I guess that's the last version to test something that is a bit vague in detail.. so that alone pretty much kill your lack of feedback..
Now take a second and look at where most of your so called issues and questions are coming from ..our newer members due to many a lack of details on how to flash, which gapps to use ect.
which to be honest should be in the op but mainly their lack of experience and an allergic reaction to the search button..
Sony may have it's faults and nobody here twisted your are to release the rom but your lack of information is more than likely the reason for half ass answers and or problems.

Last edited:

hsheemi

Jan 30, 2015

sorry man if i bothered you but i really dont know how to take logs

Myself5

Recognized Developer
Mar 17, 2011
myself5.de
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Sony Xperia Z3v
It was 3 days ago and all you ask was how did it work regarding the dual sim, in your other thread, but with all do respect not to many are willing to or for that matter going to down grade to Android 8 , I guess that's the last version to test something that is a bit vague in detail.. so that alone pretty much kill your lack of feedback..
Now take a second and look at where most of your so called issues and questions are coming from ..our newer members due to many a lack of details on how to flash, which gapps to use ect.
which to be honest should be in the op but mainly their lack of experience and an allergic reaction to the search button..
Sony may have it's faults and nobody here twisted your are to release the rom but your lack of information is more than likely the reason for half ass answers and or problems.

Your post is an in depth explanation of what is wrong with the Sony community. The OP design is the exact same used on ALL CarbonROM XDA Threads, yet the Xperia XZ Premium and XZ1 community are the ONLY people complaining about it. Surely this is a me issue. Perfectly outlined by your assumption that the builds I released were Oreo. Heck, I even attached a picture of the XZ1 and XZP running those VERY builds I linked that said Android 9. I'm not obliged to do anything. I release those builds because it's a fun hobby. Constantly spoon feeding people because they refuse to do their research is not on that list.

There is no such thing as "which gapps to use". Ever. On any device. Go to any stupid GApps website and download the GApps that match YOUR taste. If you need advice on arm vs arm64 and which android version then you're wrong in this forum.

less than 24 hours into the thread creation and I consider closing it again. Thats gotta be a new high.

sorry man if i bothered you but i really dont know how to take logs

Check out https://www.xda-developers.com/how-to-take-logs-in-android/.
Though, you could've found that with a Google search. First link when looking for "xda get logs".

Also can you check which device name is shown in Settings? G8341 or G8342?

lilbrat

Jun 13, 2011
Amman
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5
Nothing Phone 2
Your post is an in depth explanation of what is wrong with the Sony community. The OP design is the exact same used on ALL CarbonROM XDA Threads, yet the Xperia XZ Premium and XZ1 community are the ONLY people complaining about it. Surely this is a me issue. Perfectly outlined by your assumption that the builds I released were Oreo. Heck, I even attached a picture of the XZ1 and XZP running those VERY builds I linked that said Android 9. I'm not obliged to do anything. I release those builds because it's a fun hobby. Constantly spoon feeding people because they refuse to do their research is not on that list.

There is no such thing as "which gapps to use". Ever. On any device. Go to any stupid GApps website and download the GApps that match YOUR taste. If you need advice on arm vs arm64 and which android version then you're wrong in this forum.

less than 24 hours into the thread creation and I consider closing it again. Thats gotta be a new high.

Though, you could've found that with a Google search. First link when looking for "xda get logs".

Pictures.. where as there aren't any posted on the but the logo for the rom on the lab app.. I personally haven't look at the rom on other various devices but have glanced at it here, as you said and posted the format is the same simple copy and paste, no screenshots, no flashing instructions no mention of a bug list if there are any.. so maybe the format may need a tweak or two for us slow xz1 and xz premium folks..and if the lack of info in the op causes a few questions to be asked ..then feel to take you ball and go home..

Last edited:

pattriccio

Dec 17, 2012
Pictures.. were as there aren't any posted on the but the logo for the rom on the lab app.. I personally haven't look at the rom on other various devices but have glanced at it here, as you said and posted the format is the same simple copy and paste, no screenshots, no flashing instructions no mention of a bug list if there are any.. so maybe the format may need a tweak or two for us slow xz1 and xz premium folks..and if the lack of info in the op causes a few questions to be asked ..then feel to take you ball and go home..

Yah I believe lack of info cause some issues. Like if you came from lineage 16 dsds and have the dsds twrp you can't flash this rom. You need to flash the single sim xz1twrp in the lineage16 thread.

lilbrat

Jun 13, 2011
Amman
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5
Nothing Phone 2
Yah I believe lack of info cause some issues. Like if you came from lineage 16 dsds and have the dsds twrp you can't flash this rom. You need to flash the single sim xz1twrp in the lineage16 thread.

It's not only this one, but in my case I run a stock rom with existenz patch, with one twrp, then to flash beetle84 ( excuse the spelling) add on, I need the aroma trwp version , then to flash j4nn's kernel you need to flash the DS twrp.. but that's another story.. but the only.point I was trying to get across lack of info in the op , your going to get questions...

Reactions: pattriccio

haiha2001

Please don't close it

Myself5

Recognized Developer
Mar 17, 2011
myself5.de
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Sony Xperia Z3v
Pictures.. where as there aren't any posted on the but the logo for the rom on the lab app.. I personally haven't look at the rom on other various devices but have glanced at it here, as you said and posted the format is the same simple copy and paste, no screenshots, no flashing instructions no mention of a bug list if there are any.. so maybe the format may need a tweak or two for us slow xz1 and xz premium folks..and if the lack of info in the op causes a few questions to be asked ..then feel to take you ball and go home..

Screenshots can be found on our website on this thing called Gallery. Cool huh?

Theres no buglist because theres no need for any. Our official builds have to pass fairly strong criteria before going official and are tested on the devices before going official. I never announced or claimed the Dual SIM variant would be supported.

As for flash instructions I expect users to be capable enough to use Google and do their research. If they are unable to do that, they shouldn't bother messing with Custom ROMs to begin with.

Literally the first Google result for the query "flash Android ROM" is a detailed guide from XDA which would work just fine.

However, thanks for pointing out yet again how fitting your username is. Seeing you're not interested in using Carbon nor are using it right now I'd kindly ask you to refrain from further posts in this thread.

Thanks.

Here's a random thought. What if a zip that doesn't install on the Dual SIM TWRP with an error saying its for the Single SIM variant, is actually for the Single SIM variant?

My offer still stands. I'm willing to look into Dual SIM support of someone with a Dual SIM device volunteers testing. Until then and from now on I'm either going to ignore each and every complaint about the Dual SIM support or value it with some kind of sarcastic reply depending on how I feel.

I spent countless hours working on these devices in my own free time using my own Money to pay for PC Hardware and other expenses. Yet, instead of some kind of appreciation, even if its just the simplest "thank you" post, I get people like @lilbrat *****ing at me for not spoon-feeding people with results from Google queries or worse. Too sad the Sony community hasn't changed in the last two years.

Thankfully, due to multiple reasons, the XZ1 and XZP were my last Sony phones ever, with the community being one of the biggest factors. Shame how the old Sony community turned into this.

I knew I should've left the phones in that dusty corner on my desk instead of putting any time into it.

Last edited:
Reactions: arslancn

hsheemi

Jan 30, 2015
Thanks so much for your efforts and remember you are here in xda to develop and help each other and others not to debate or criticize or show muscles. thanks again and i think carbon rom is one if the best so don't close the thread and keep up the good work

haiha2001

Screenshots can be found on our website on this thing called Gallery. Cool huh?

Theres no buglist because theres no need for any. Our official builds have to pass fairly strong criteria before going official and are tested on the devices before going official. I never announced or claimed the Dual SIM variant would be supported.

As for flash instructions I expect users to be capable enough to use Google and do their research. If they are unable to do that, they shouldn't bother messing with Custom ROMs to begin with.

Literally the first Google result for the query "flash Android ROM" is a detailed guide from XDA which would work just fine.

However, thanks for pointing out yet again how fitting your username is. Seeing you're not interested in using Carbon nor are using it right now I'd kindly ask you to refrain from further posts in this thread.

Thanks.

Here's a random thought. What if a zip that doesn't install on the Dual SIM TWRP with an error saying its for the Single SIM variant, is actually for the Single SIM variant?

My offer still stands. I'm willing to look into Dual SIM support of someone with a Dual SIM device volunteers testing. Until then and from now on I'm either going to ignore each and every complaint about the Dual SIM support or value it with some kind of sarcastic reply depending on how I feel.

I spent countless hours working on these devices in my own free time using my own Money to pay for PC Hardware and other expenses. Yet, instead of some kind of appreciation, even if its just the simplest "thank you" post, I get people like @lilbrat *****ing at me for not spoon-feeding people with results from Google queries or worse. Too sad the Sony community hasn't changed in the last two years.

Thankfully, due to multiple reasons, the XZ1 and XZP were my last Sony phones ever, with the community being one of the biggest factors. Shame how the old Sony community turned into this.

I knew I should've left the phones in that dusty corner on my desk instead of putting any time into it.
I have a Dual Sim device and i can volunteer to testing ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    uK2Q5sA.png

Disclaimer:

Support:

4) Join our Discord server or Telegram group! There, you can connect with other Carbon users and our developers, and you can get quicker responses to your bug reports. The invite link is right below.

Download
    Meet us on Telegram
    Homepage
    GitHub
    Kernel source

Contributors
    Myself5, CarbonROM

Version Information

Created 2019-08-24
    Last Updated 2019-08-28
    Is there version for G8342? Or this one will work but without dual sim?

The next weekly build will work on on both the G8341 and the G8342, including Dual SIM support.
    @Myself5 Thanks again for the hard work! Please ignore the trolls and delight us with a thread about CR 8.0, Sony modding community (the good part of us, those that make logs and complain about nothing) is anxious to see it ;D (if im allowed, i can create if for you, but idk if this is uh...right).

q.e.d. as below.

The author himself is silent and there are no instructions here in the topic on installing and supporting 2 sim. And to sit on a discord and wait a week to answer 1 question, this one is already tin. I have not seen this, only in this topic.

Poor you not getting support in a timeframe you expect to be fair. Please absolutely distract that from the wage you're apparently paying me given you're already acting like you're my boss. Maybe you also should consider using other ROMs. Maybe those labled explicitly for a DualSIM device. I checked Discord, the only person talking about the XZ1 DualSIM is Ruslan (STALKER__RU)#1988. You brought up DualSIM issues twice. You have yet to answer my response from the 23rd of May which, btw, was within a few hours.

Every person reporting DualSIM issues has been asked to report logs or provide additional information that had been requested. Everyone failed to do so. I can't fix what I don't know.

TL;DR: Logs or GTFO.
    The latest builds released yesterday contain a fix for the SDCard permission issues. That should mean all the problems with apps like RealRacing 3 or Gardenscapes should be fixed now.

Credits to @derf elot for spending countless hours on finding the fix.
    Hello
    how i can get my device model if G8342 or G8341? all i can see in model info in settings or in hidden menu is SOV36.
    could someone help please?

SOV36 is a special japanese version of the XZ1, so neither G8342 nor G8341. No idea if the builds work on that, but feel free to try and report.