[9][OFFICIAL][WEEKLY] CarbonROM | cr-7.0 [poplar]

Search This thread

Myself5

Recognized Developer
Mar 17, 2011
myself5.de
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Sony Xperia Z3v
@Myself5 Thanks again for the hard work! Please ignore the trolls and delight us with a thread about CR 8.0, Sony modding community (the good part of us, those that make logs and complain about nothing) is anxious to see it ;D (if im allowed, i can create if for you, but idk if this is uh...right).

q.e.d. as below.

The author himself is silent and there are no instructions here in the topic on installing and supporting 2 sim. And to sit on a discord and wait a week to answer 1 question, this one is already tin. I have not seen this, only in this topic.

Poor you not getting support in a timeframe you expect to be fair. Please absolutely distract that from the wage you're apparently paying me given you're already acting like you're my boss. Maybe you also should consider using other ROMs. Maybe those labled explicitly for a DualSIM device. I checked Discord, the only person talking about the XZ1 DualSIM is Ruslan (STALKER__RU)#1988. You brought up DualSIM issues twice. You have yet to answer my response from the 23rd of May which, btw, was within a few hours.

Every person reporting DualSIM issues has been asked to report logs or provide additional information that had been requested. Everyone failed to do so. I can't fix what I don't know.

TL;DR: Logs or GTFO.

saenaro

Jun 14, 2015
Ill provide every log needed when ill jump on it (my warranty is close to finish, yey). But i have the single sim variant, so no way to test that.

Just ignore the trolls.
What does "trol" have to do with me if I want to get normal rom installation instructions, but to get it I need to go to a discord (which I don’t want) and wait for a link to the recovery and instructions. When it was possible just to fix the links on the topic of registration and write instructions.

---------- Post added at 07:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 AM ----------

q.e.d. as below.

Poor you not getting support in a timeframe you expect to be fair. Please absolutely distract that from the wage you're apparently paying me given you're already acting like you're my boss. Maybe you also should consider using other ROMs. Maybe those labled explicitly for a DualSIM device. I checked Discord, the only person talking about the XZ1 DualSIM is Ruslan (STALKER__RU)#1988. You brought up DualSIM issues twice. You have yet to answer my response from the 23rd of May which, btw, was within a few hours.

Every person reporting DualSIM issues has been asked to report logs or provide additional information that had been requested. Everyone failed to do so. I can't fix what I don't know.

Yes, you're right, I should put dr rom. Thank. I won’t disturb you anymore.

Last edited:
What does "trol" have to do with me if I want to get normal rom installation instructions, but to get it I need to go to a discord (which I don’t want) and wait for a link to the recovery and instructions. When it was possible just to fix the links on the topic of registration and write instructions.

---------- Post added at 07:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 AM ----------

Yes, you're right, I should put dr rom. Thank. I won’t disturb you anymore.

Giving links, instructions, screenshots, creating thread, posts etc are not the task of a developer.
There is pretty much a standard procedure to mod every phone (in other cases, devs usually write down some peculiar instructions), and you can find that procedure all over the web, not a secret.
If you have a problem with the ROM, create a logcat and post it. Saying random things about the problem is useless. Logcat is the way. Devs loves logcat, if you post one, devs could consider to marry you. If you posts 2, youll probably have 6 sons with that dev. If you posts 3, Youre already grandfather.

Waiting link for recovery? There are threads with TWRP for XZ1, instructions included, what are you waiting at? do you need a spoon with food to your mouth too?

Devs develop things for free, and freely offer theyr work in the way they prefer. Remember this.

Last edited:

hsheemi

Jan 30, 2015
Dear developer Myself 5 , here's a logcat of poplar dsds G8342 because flashlight doesn't work while long pressing power button when screen is off, thanks for your work.
I wish we could move between letters while writing with volume buttons.

Attachments

• logs-2020-06-01-18-07-47.zip
    126.7 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Reactions: Tux111

biopsin

Nov 2, 2010
oslo
Hi, does cr-7.0 also have support for microg and friends, searched the thread but no mentioning of it..

jamaljmys

Dec 16, 2007
how to decrypt the device in this ROM ? i couldn't flash updates without format the data .
thank you

pleniceanu cristian

Aug 9, 2017
Sony Xperia 10 II
The speed of the stock ROM was ok to me too. But we are here for Android 10, not for speed. My device has faulty Gsm antenna, the sound is bad sometimes when I receive a call, the speed of the internet is bad even in LTE, I often get disconnected from the network in 3/4 G even with stock and with any other ROM than stock things get worse. So I had better functionality with stock but than didn't kept me from testing something else. I have custom ROMs of 3 from 4 owned by my family. The fourth is at my wife so I can't "touch" it :)

hsheemi

Jan 30, 2015
as for battery drain i use LKT v3 balanced profile
for doze i use universal GMS doze magisk module besides aggressive doze in settings
i think things are fine for me

Reactions: Tux111

fidaya

Dec 15, 2012
It is a very beautiful and stable structure. I recommend it to anyone. My only advice is to install and use the google camera application.

Last edited:
Reactions: jimmy1235

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    uK2Q5sA.png

CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look, build, and use our code at CarbonROM's GitHub...

Disclaimer:
    While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! These builds are experimental and can contain Bugs (as listed above). Make sure to do backups.

Support:
    We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
    2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ
    3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.
    4) Join our Discord server or Telegram group! There, you can connect with other Carbon users and our developers, and you can get quicker responses to your bug reports. The invite link is right below.

Download
    Join the CarbonROM Discord server
    Meet us on Telegram
    Homepage
    GitHub
    Kernel source

Special thanks to @derf elot and @modpunk for most of the work on the yoshino platform.

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

XDA:DevDB Information
    CarbonROM, ROM for the Sony Xperia XZ1

Contributors
    Myself5, CarbonROM
    Source Code: https://github.com/CarbonROM

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2019-08-24
    Last Updated 2019-08-28
    Is there version for G8342? Or this one will work but without dual sim?

The next weekly build will work on on both the G8341 and the G8342, including Dual SIM support.
    @Myself5 Thanks again for the hard work! Please ignore the trolls and delight us with a thread about CR 8.0, Sony modding community (the good part of us, those that make logs and complain about nothing) is anxious to see it ;D (if im allowed, i can create if for you, but idk if this is uh...right).

q.e.d. as below.

The author himself is silent and there are no instructions here in the topic on installing and supporting 2 sim. And to sit on a discord and wait a week to answer 1 question, this one is already tin. I have not seen this, only in this topic.

The latest builds released yesterday contain a fix for the SDCard permission issues. That should mean all the problems with apps like RealRacing 3 or Gardenscapes should be fixed now.

Credits to @derf elot for spending countless hours on finding the fix.
    Hello
    how i can get my device model if G8342 or G8341? all i can see in model info in settings or in hidden menu is SOV36.
    could someone help please?

SOV36 is a special japanese version of the XZ1, so neither G8342 nor G8341. No idea if the builds work on that, but feel free to try and report.