[9][UNOFFICIAL][BETA] CarbonROM | cr-7.0 [z3c]

Search This thread

okij

Oct 24, 2012
Düsseldorf
I'm looking into the Audio issue ASAP. If someone could confirm: This was fine on the previous builds, right?

I can't say because I'm still using cr-6.1 as my daily driver, but AFAIR there haven't been complaints about changing audio volume etc. in older cr-7.0 builds both here and on your Z3 cr-7.0 thread.

Other issues which keep me from using cr-7.0 as my daily driver yet are:
  • Notification LED is not working yet and charging LED is very dim.
  • Sony Stock Camera and Sony Album can't access SD card yet for saving and deleting pictures.

mxperial

Apr 2, 2016
I'm looking into the Audio issue ASAP. If someone could confirm: This was fine on the previous builds, right?

Yes mate, it was fine before the last build (the build from 10/03 had sound and calls fine), don't know if it will help or not but I've been playing with build.prop and audio_policy_configuration with no success (apparently the only files changed(?))(I even tried to revert it to what it was before the commits). I've also seen that the last security bulletin has some "media framework" changes, so maybe it is related to it, maybe? No idea..

Cheers!

Last edited:
Reactions: okij

Myself5

Recognized Developer
  • Mar 17, 2011
    myself5.de
    Yes mate, it was fine before the last build (10/03), don't know if it will help or not but I've been playing with build.prop and audio_policy_configuration with no success (apparently the only files changed(?))(I even tried to revert it to what it was before the commits). I've also seen that the last security bulletin has some "media framework" changes, so maybe it is related to it, maybe? No idea..

Cheers!

So 10/3 had it too? I've only seen report of it on the may builds

mxperial

Apr 2, 2016
    So 10/3 had it too? I've only seen report of it on the may builds

No, no, the build from 10/03 had sound and calls fine, only after march build these issues appeard (since we don't had an april build, on the may build the issue appeard, not sure if can be something introduced on april that could have caused the issue as well)

Cheers!

elfrawg

Sep 26, 2012
    Beside the audio problem with the very loud in call volume I had yesterday evening the problem that my microphone was no longer working in phone calls.
    I did several testcalls, I could hear the other party, but they couldn't hear me.

A reboot of the phone solved the problem. Made a few calls, so far it didn't happen again.

PolloGrande

Feb 6, 2019
    I can confirm these issues, call sound is always on max volume, except when connecting a bt headset. And most of the time people on the other end of the line can barely understand me. Restarting fixes the microphone problems, but volume is till stuck afterwards. And sometimes I don't even get a connection at all while trying to phone someone. None of these Issues did exist before the recent update.

mxperial

Apr 2, 2016
    Hy @Myself5,

Just confirming that you saw this post, recently I also noticed another bug that is kinda bothering me, when battery gets 15% or lower, the red notification led keeps on, consuming all the rest of my battery in few minutes, don't know if it was mentioned before or not. (I guess the normal behavior should be blinking and not always on for the notification led)

Cheers!

okij

Oct 24, 2012
    Düsseldorf
    @Myself5: Three bugs have been fixed by @NeoArian recently:

Audio volume:

Notification LED:

Manual Network Selection:

Please implement those fixes in CarbonROM 7.0 too where applicable. Thanks in advance. :)

Thanks @NeoArian for finding the fixes and posting the GibHub links. :highfive:

ronnay ryukay

Dec 28, 2018
    I can't say because I'm still using cr-6.1 as my daily driver, but AFAIR there haven't been complaints about changing audio volume etc. in older cr-7.0 builds both here and on your Z3 cr-7.0 thread.

Other issues which keep me from using cr-7.0 as my daily driver yet are:
    Notification LED is not working yet and charging LED is very dim.
    Sony Stock Camera and Sony Album can't access SD card yet for saving and deleting pictures.
    You can use this for fix problem sony media apps in pie

https://forum.xda-developers.com/cr...gisk-module-sony-media-apps-inlclude-t3938579

Reactions: allerd and okij

okij

Oct 24, 2012
    Düsseldorf

Thanks looking after this issue! :) However, on the OP of your thread you wrote:

Issue:
    Cyberian Camera Cannot R/W External SDCard on [9] PIE

So if I get it right, your Moduel doesn't allow yet access SD card on Pie with Sony Camera (Cyberian Camera)?

The Camera app is the Sony app which I still use the most, so it would be awesome if you could fix write access to SD card also for Sony Camera on Pie. :fingers-crossed:

ronnay ryukay

Dec 28, 2018
    Thanks looking after this issue! :) However, on the OP of your thread you wrote:

So if I get it right, your Moduel doesn't allow yet access SD card on Pie with Sony Camera (Cyberian Camera)?

The Camera app is the Sony app which I still use the most, so it would be awesome if you could fix write access to SD card also for Sony Camera on Pie. :fingers-crossed:
    Yes...
    Later...

Myself5

Recognized Developer
  • Mar 17, 2011
    myself5.de
    @Myself5: Three bugs have been fixed by @NeoArian recently:

Audio volume:

Notification LED:

Manual Network Selection:

Please implement those fixes in CarbonROM 7.0 too where applicable. Thanks in advance. :)

Thanks @NeoArian for finding the fixes and posting the GibHub links. :highfive:

Fully aware of them as I helped testing with the Audio stuff.

P.S. b2d46be0a1b898f40c88027c01fb3786

Last edited:

okij

Oct 24, 2012
    Düsseldorf
    Fully aware of them as I helped testing with the Audio stuff.

P.S. b2d46be0a1b898f40c88027c01fb3786

It's great to see this collaboration between Carbon and LOS devs! :highfive:

Thanks for the new 2019-06-17 build. :) I installed it yesterday evening on my 2nd Z3c.

It's nice to have a small weather icon and temperature on the lock screen again, I missed it since about Nougat days. Is this a new Carbon feature or a new Pie feature in general?

What about @NeoArian's fix for notification LED? Can't it be applied to CarbonROM? On the new build, I still did't get LED notifications for E-Mails etc., and like on the previous build, the charging LED is working, but it's brightness is only a fraction (maybe 20%) in comparison to stock ROM or cr-6.1.

yxagasasgas

Sep 6, 2018
    It's nice to have a small weather icon and temperature on the lock screen again, I missed it since about Nougat days. Is this a new Carbon feature or a new Pie feature in general?
    While nice in theory, I have questions about this. Where are the settings that govern this and where does it derive its permissions from? Which weather data provider is being used?

Myself5

Recognized Developer
  • Mar 17, 2011
    myself5.de
    While nice in theory, I have questions about this. Where are the settings that govern this and where does it derive its permissions from? Which weather data provider is being used?

There's currently no Settings part to disable this feature, which is one of the reasons it's not merged yet. The permissions are granted to the WeatherClient.

Source for the weather client that updates the view on the lockscreen can be found here: https://github.com/kazerine/android_packages_apps_WeatherClient
    The providers used are weather.com and sunset-sunrise.org.
    @okij LED stuff still requires some work. We currently do not have any LED customizations in Carbon so these need to be implemented first. Although, I did enable the toggle to disable the Notification LED, and in theory the LED should work just fine. Need to look into this again I guess.

yxagasasgas

Sep 6, 2018
    There's currently no Settings part to disable this feature, which is one of the reasons it's not merged yet. The permissions are granted to the WeatherClient.
    One of the reasons I'm asking is because I was never asked to provide permissions, and I couldn't find anything in app permissions. There is a Weather Information Provider in the App Ops section of the Carbon Fiber settings, which is how this app appears to identify itself according to
    android_packages_apps_WeatherClient/res/values/strings.xml, but according to that App Ops page, it never asked for location information and taking the permission away does nothing.

For now I've blocked the hostnames and that seems to have killed it. I understand these are unofficial pre-release previews and all that, and I am grateful you provide these, but please sort out the permissions for this.

Myself5

Recognized Developer
  • Mar 17, 2011
    myself5.de
    One of the reasons I'm asking is because I was never asked to provide permissions, and I couldn't find anything in app permissions. There is a Weather Information Provider in the App Ops section of the Carbon Fibers settings, which is how this app appears to identify itself according to
    android_packages_apps_WeatherClient/res/values/strings.xml, but according to that App Ops page, it never asked for location information and taking the permission away does nothing.

For now I've blocked the hostnames and that seems to have killed it. I understand these are unofficial pre-release previews and all that, and I am grateful you provide these, but please sort out the permissions for this.

Permissions, as for every non user facing Android system application, are granted by default using xml configs (in this case here: https://review.carbonrom.org/c/Carb...rg.pixelexperience.weather.client-default.xml). There is nothing "wrong" with the permissions. As said before, on the official version there will probably be a switch for this so this is not an issue anymore.

yxagasasgas

Sep 6, 2018
    There is nothing "wrong" with the permissions.
    Given that it sends location data to multiple third-party services, I disagree. If in the final release this is an opt-in feature that doesn't automatically start transmitting location data on first boot without informing or acquiring consent from the user, then I have no issue with it.

Dabronik

Jul 5, 2018
    Hi I have a problem, because sometimes the SMS comes only when I unlock the screen and when someone calls me it says that I am unavailable even though I have full coverage, someone knows what's going on. I also have a problem with lineageOS 16.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      uK2Q5sA.png

CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

NOTICE: THIS IS AN EARLY BUILD. There will be changes in the release branches like changed/removed features or similiar.

BUGS:
      • We found the camera to be a little wonky on occasion. Working on that. Currently waiting between pictures is working around the issue.
      • Video Recording is not working

Please feel free to look, build, and use our code at CarbonROM's GitHub...

Disclaimer:
      While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! These builds are experimental and can contain Bugs (as listed above). Make sure to do backups.

Support:
      We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
      2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ
      3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.
      4) Join our Discord server! There, you can connect with other Carbon users and our developers, and you can get quicker responses to your bug reports. The invite link is right below.
      5) Please keep bugreports to this thread or Discord. Do NOT create a Jira ticket. This is still in early development so we don't accept any bugreports yet.

Download
      Download Mirror
      Join the CarbonROM Discord server
      Meet us on Telegram
      GitHub
      Kernel source

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

XDA:DevDB Information
      CarbonROM, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z3 Compact

Contributors
      Myself5, CarbonROM
      Source Code: https://github.com/CarbonROM

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
      ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
      Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2019-03-02
      Last Updated 2020-02-08
      New build

Just finished uploading a new build.

Small Changelog:

Other reported bugs are currently WIP. E.g. we made some breakthroughs on Video recording, more on that soon.
      New update with a bunch of updates (basically all above and more) will come later.

Should be pretty much ready to go official now.

ALSO fixed the issue that would not allow booting to the recovery via init_sony (the Press Volume when LED lights up thing) when Magisk 19 or higher is installed.

Fix is here:
      https://review.carbonrom.org/c/CarbonROM/android_device_sony_common/+/9276

That fix has also been applied to cr-6.1.
      New build

Code:
      22507dd4a8d13ccddf12c29b7248da98 CARBON-CR-7.0-OPAL-UNOFFICIAL-z3c-20190521-1121.zip

New build contains plenty of fixes and should be the last build before we go official unless another issue appears.

Booting to recovery with Magisk 19.x is fixed too, otherwise there's fixes from @NeoArian, @koron393 and @drakonizer.