[9][UNOFFICIAL][BETA] CarbonROM | cr-7.0 [z3c]

Search This thread
Jan 1, 2018
Thanks (BTW, no FM Radio)

I have recently installed and I am so grateful to the developers, great job!

The only thing I miss right now is the FM Radio. Any roadmap to include?

Thanks again!

rhino2000

Oct 25, 2016
I've just put this on my daily driver. Thanks so much for the work that has gone into this.
I was looking for the settings to switch location mode between what used to be device only (only gps), high accuracy (everything) and battery saver(wifi and bluetooth).
I have tasker usually switching these but there's a few more hoops to just thorough to get this working, but I don't see those option just in the settings.

Also I did a clean install, i forgot to flash magisk. Is it safe to flash magisk after the image has been flashed and apps installed or am I best to go with a clean instal after magisk?

Snake_Aiz

Sep 29, 2010
what have you done so far to try and fix it?
was it a clean or dirty flash.
My first step would be to reflash after a complete wipe, can you boot into recovery?

I tried several times to flash it.
Then I did all by the book with rooting and all the steps, if I flash any version of 9 (I saw here 2 versions) either is rebooting and can't get into recovery or not working well (ex: camera is black, the apps won't work, no signal).
Now I have again Sony's Rom.
I will try again maybe next week, from scratch :)

mxperial

Apr 2, 2016
@Myself5

Just wondering (not asking for eta tho), there is a plan to push z3c cr7.0 builds to official? If yes, can you share what still need to be done?
I'm using it as daily driver for a long time, everything running great so far! Only there is the need to include the FM Radio, also, any chance to get a august build?

Many thanks! Keep the good work!

Cheers!

Myself5

Recognized Developer
  • Mar 17, 2011
    myself5.de
    As the name suggests the new build is SIGNED with custom keys (the Carbon release keys) and can be considered an RC.

That means you need to do a clean install for this build but will be able to dirtyflash the official builds once they drop.

Unless there's any upcoming issues, the shinano family is scheduled to go official ASAP.

mxperial

Apr 2, 2016
    As the name suggests the new build is SIGNED with custom keys (the Carbon release keys) and can be considered an RC.

That means you need to do a clean install for this build but will be able to dirtyflash the official builds once they drop.

Thanks for the quick update mate!

Not sure if it was supposed to happen but I dirty flashed the last build over the old 17/06 build and its working great so far, however, I don't see the FM radio yet, maybe because my dirty flash? or it still not into the build?

Unless there's any upcoming issues, the shinano family is scheduled to go official ASAP.

Great news!

Cheers!

dbk-gravity

Dec 27, 2006
    Dortmund
    Thanks for the good work.

the image is running so far it can judge very well.

Mistakes I had in the past have been fixed.

but a new trial version has been added.
    the volume fluctuates constantly.

the volume is at maximum.
    I start for example Yutube, the reunion starts loudly and reduces itself automatically.

at night I want to hear an audio book. Volume also 10%
    that's not possible if it's too loud or suffers too much.

rhino2000

Oct 25, 2016
    I was just asking about this very issue in the general section.
    I just did a complete clean flash and it was still doing it.
    It affects me most with maps directions, starts out loud but i cant hear the end of what its saying.

Myself5

Recognized Developer
  • Mar 17, 2011
    myself5.de
    I was just asking about this very issue in the general section.
    I just did a complete clean flash and it was still doing it.
    It affects me most with maps directions, starts out loud but i cant hear the end of what its saying.

It's a ROM issue. I had that fixed before but it looks like I either forgot to push the fix or reintroduced the issue in some followup.

rhino2000

Oct 25, 2016
    Thanks for replying @Myself5, I spent a week wondering what i had done looking for a sound normalisation setting. :laugh:
    I'll pop back to a previous build for now and keep an eye out for a fix.
    Thanks for your work on this. These phones have plenty of grunt to keep running and with this work they have the security too and saves another handset from obsolescence.

Reactions: okij

Hooin Kyoma

Jun 23, 2012
    Anyone experiencing lack of 5GHz wifi on this ROM? I used search on this thread with no success.
    What I did:
    1) Enter recovery, format cache,data,internal storage and system, install CARBON-CR-6.1-NOCT-RELEASE-z3c-20190824-1158.zip, open_gapps-arm-8.1-pico-20190904.zip and Magisk-v19.3.zip, reboot to system, just after Welcome screen I see my 5ghz AP to choose.
    2) Enter recovery, format cache,data,internal storage and system, install CARBON-CR-7.0-OPAL-UNOFFICIAL-z3c-20190819-2110.zip, open_gapps-arm-9.0-pico-20190904.zip and Magisk-v19.3.zip, reboot to system, just after Welcome screen I see only 2.4ghz AP's to choose, no 5ghz!

Tried several times without success, also with CARBON-CR-7.0-OPAL-UNOFFICIAL-z3c-20190617-1346.zip and Lineage 16.0... NO 5GHZ WIFI.

I appreciate for any help, thanks.

casouzaj

Oct 13, 2006
    Haibara-gum Yoshida-cho Sumiyoshi-shi
    Anyone experiencing lack of 5GHz wifi on this ROM? I used search on this thread with no success.
    What I did:
    1) Enter recovery, format cache,data,internal storage and system, install CARBON-CR-6.1-NOCT-RELEASE-z3c-20190824-1158.zip, open_gapps-arm-8.1-pico-20190904.zip and Magisk-v19.3.zip, reboot to system, just after Welcome screen I see my 5ghz AP to choose.
    2) Enter recovery, format cache,data,internal storage and system, install CARBON-CR-7.0-OPAL-UNOFFICIAL-z3c-20190819-2110.zip, open_gapps-arm-9.0-pico-20190904.zip and Magisk-v19.3.zip, reboot to system, just after Welcome screen I see only 2.4ghz AP's to choose, no 5ghz!

Tried several times without success, also with CARBON-CR-7.0-OPAL-UNOFFICIAL-z3c-20190617-1346.zip and Lineage 16.0... NO 5GHZ WIFI.

I appreciate for any help, thanks.
    No problems with WiFi connection to my 5GHz home network in the CR7.0 0819 build.

Sent from my Xperia Z5 Compact using XDA Labs

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190909-163235_Settings.png
      Screenshot_20190909-163235_Settings.png
      81.7 KB · Views: 245
    • Screenshot_20190909-163343_Settings.png
      Screenshot_20190909-163343_Settings.png
      59 KB · Views: 243

Hooin Kyoma

Jun 23, 2012
    No problems with WiFi connection to my 5GHz home network in the CR7.0 0819 build
    Thanks.
    Can anyone confirm this on latest builds?
    Or where I can download 0819 to check?

Eh, you meant 20190819-2110 build, that I already tried... Then I have no idea why it's happening to me... May be problem in my AP, but CR 6.1 connects without problem as well as my Linux laptop.
    Despite this minor problem, CR 7.0 seems perfect for me, probably fastest ROM I ever used on my z3c.

Last edited:

casouzaj

Oct 13, 2006
    Haibara-gum Yoshida-cho Sumiyoshi-shi
    Eh, you meant 20190819-2110 build, that I already tried...
    Yes, as shown in the first screenshot attached to my previous post. Have not made any mods or hacks for it to work. Just selected the 5GHz network, entered the passphrase and connected, without any issues. The connection stays on like forever.
    CR 7.0 seems perfect for me, probably fastest ROM I ever used on my z3c.
    Presently, my Z3C is not my daily driver. It's my backup phone now, so I keep it updated. Nevertheless, the ROM is, indeed, fast. And it's stable too. Have not observed any random reboots, since latest update.

krawumski

Sep 26, 2019
    I've been using the 2110 build full time for the last couple of weeks and all features are working well so far, thanks for the great effort. Unfortunately I get a freeze every couple of days, screen goes black with activated backlight. When this happens I need to hold the power button until it reboots. Any ideas what could be causing this?

sugarbrie

Oct 18, 2018
    @Myself5

I've seen you listed also as contributing towards LineageOS 16 .0 with Arian.
    He has posted a few updates to the Lineage Z3C ROM after your last Carbon one on August 19th.

He most latest LineageOS 16.0 for Z3C is yesterday (October 8, 2019), which seems to be pretty bug free.

Not sure how you two work together, but any chance updating Carbon 7.0 with those changes??

You once mentioned making the Z3C Carbon 7.0 Official. Thanks so much for all you do...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      uK2Q5sA.png

CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

NOTICE: THIS IS AN EARLY BUILD. There will be changes in the release branches like changed/removed features or similiar.

BUGS:
      • We found the camera to be a little wonky on occasion. Working on that. Currently waiting between pictures is working around the issue.
      • Video Recording is not working

Please feel free to look, build, and use our code at CarbonROM's GitHub...

Disclaimer:
      While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! These builds are experimental and can contain Bugs (as listed above). Make sure to do backups.

Support:
      We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
      2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ
      3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.
      4) Join our Discord server! There, you can connect with other Carbon users and our developers, and you can get quicker responses to your bug reports. The invite link is right below.
      5) Please keep bugreports to this thread or Discord. Do NOT create a Jira ticket. This is still in early development so we don't accept any bugreports yet.

Download
      Download Mirror
      Join the CarbonROM Discord server
      Meet us on Telegram
      GitHub
      Kernel source

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

XDA:DevDB Information
      CarbonROM, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z3 Compact

Contributors
      Myself5, CarbonROM
      Source Code: https://github.com/CarbonROM

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
      ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
      Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2019-03-02
      Last Updated 2020-02-08
      New build

Just finished uploading a new build.

Small Changelog:

Other reported bugs are currently WIP. E.g. we made some breakthroughs on Video recording, more on that soon.
      New update with a bunch of updates (basically all above and more) will come later.

Should be pretty much ready to go official now.

ALSO fixed the issue that would not allow booting to the recovery via init_sony (the Press Volume when LED lights up thing) when Magisk 19 or higher is installed.

Fix is here:
      https://review.carbonrom.org/c/CarbonROM/android_device_sony_common/+/9276

That fix has also been applied to cr-6.1.
      New build

Code:
      22507dd4a8d13ccddf12c29b7248da98 CARBON-CR-7.0-OPAL-UNOFFICIAL-z3c-20190521-1121.zip

New build contains plenty of fixes and should be the last build before we go official unless another issue appears.

Booting to recovery with Magisk 19.x is fixed too, otherwise there's fixes from @NeoArian, @koron393 and @drakonizer.
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone