• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

960/240 fps slow motion missing?

Search This thread

Sub8

Jan 31, 2009
Marija Bistrica
Hi,

Is there a reason for the slow-motion 240 and 960 fps modes not included in this phone?

My device only showing 1080P/120 and 720p/120 modes.

Can anybody explain why?

Regards.

Sub

I didn't know that, thank you for explanation.

It's a shame that this phone doesn't have at least 240 mode...

They both use a 108mp Samsung sensor but the Mi 10T pro uses an HMX version that only supports 120. What you would need is the Samsung 108mp HM1/2 sensor but that only supports 240fps anyway.

freeDom21

May 8, 2011
They both use a 108mp Samsung sensor but the Mi 10T pro uses an HMX version that only supports 120. What you would need is the Samsung 108mp HM1/2 sensor but that only supports 240fps anyway.
Some corrections needed here:
MI 10T (regular) uses Sony's sensor, IMX682. I think it supports 480fps max at 1080p (if someone could correct me).
Mi 10T Pro uses Samsung HMX sensor, which can go max to 148fps at 1080p.
Samsungs HM1 used in top level S20 Ultra and Note 20 Ultra can go 240fps at 1080p.
What about HM2 i'm not sure. There is no actual released phone yet (probably Redmi Note Pro 9 5G will be). -> Correction : HM2 can do 360fps at 1080p or 240fps at 4K. Quite impressive i think.

Last edited:

KimUyLong

Mar 16, 2009
Slow motion video on 10T pro is the worst experience I have ever had in my happy time with my xiaomi. When you select slow motion mode. 10T pro only filmed a normal short clip. And then the video slows down by algorithm by the original Gallery app. This means when you share this clip with someone else. They will receive an original video at a normal rate.. !!

freeDom21

May 8, 2011
Slow motion video on 10T pro is the worst experience I have ever had in my happy time with my xiaomi. When you select slow motion mode. 10T pro only filmed a normal short clip. And then the video slows down by algorithm by the original Gallery app. This means when you share this clip with someone else. They will receive an original video at a normal rate.. !!

You have to save slowed version of video through the gallery app. It's option is right at the top. Then you can share the converted video.
Because yes usually its 120fps, so it plays at that frame rate. If you want slowed version, you have to do it manualy and decide which segments of frame will be normal and which is slowed down.

Reactions: masteryx

zaakirr

May 30, 2013
Some corrections needed here:
MI 10T (regular) uses Sony's sensor, IMX682. I think it supports 480fps max at 1080p (if someone could correct me).
Mi 10T Pro uses Samsung HMX sensor, which can go max to 148fps at 1080p.
Samsungs HM1 used in top level S20 Ultra and Note 20 Ultra can go 240fps at 1080p.
What about HM2 i'm not sure. There is no actual released phone yet (probably Redmi Note Pro 9 5G will be). -> Correction : HM2 can do 360fps at 1080p or 240fps at 4K. Quite impressive i think.

Then how on earth Samsung s20 ultra is capable of 960fps

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You have to save slowed version of video through the gallery app. It's option is right at the top. Then you can share the converted video.
    Because yes usually its 120fps, so it plays at that frame rate. If you want slowed version, you have to do it manualy and decide which segments of frame will be normal and which is slowed down.