★☆★[ROM] M8 Nocturnal Limited Edition v2.0.7|LRX22C|Odex|Xtreme Audio|Jan 1st 2015

Search This thread

robertura2009

Dec 1, 2013
metadata issue after nocturnal flash

i have big problem to return on sense rom after flashing your rom,i get metadata error.i dont like gpe and just want to return on latest ARHD.my phone is s-off and supercid :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

Bobbi lim

Dec 22, 2012
Singapore
Dude it is something else. I have heen running sinless for over a year now, gpe for 9 months and never once had an issue with battery. You need to narrow it down with a cpu app and a battery app.

---------- Post added at 08:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 AM ----------

The H/K in this rom isnt the mod we are used to with the m8. Its more of a few audio settings.

Wakelock detector doesn't seem to show any issues, its like the rom itself is fine. In trickster mod, it says the phone is in deep sleep

tele_jas

Aug 18, 2006
Mount Vernon
i have big problem to return on sense rom after flashing your rom,i get metadata error.i dont like gpe and just want to return on latest ARHD.my phone is s-off and supercid :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

Maybe try re-flashing the latest Sense firmware? Then re-flash the ARHD ROM.

Just a suggestion.

gunzup3

Jan 27, 2013
Smooth and quick ROM, superb battery life. Only downfall is no Ir remote which I use quite often other than that perfect.

rav101

Dec 1, 2013
Walsall
Google Pixel 5
Just installed and its working a treat so far.

Two things that I picked up from this thread:

1) Wake Gestures: I installed a custom kernal (Skydragon 3.0.4) and have got double tap to wake working. I'm sure there are multiple kernals that have wake gestures built in so you should be able to find one that works :)
2) Modpack: I have installed Modpack 10 and all the options I have selected worked perfectly. Lyapota mentioned the closer to stock the better the chances of working and this is pretty close so worked fine.

Regards,

Ravi

Last edited:
Reactions: fguerra024

crikev2

Jul 24, 2009
Anyone know how to keep WiFi on when phone sleeps? I checked the settings, all is good.. This only happens on GPE lollipop Roms.

Have to be on GPE firmware or use the modified lollipop firmware with sense hboot it works very well, should be able to find a link for it one of the GPE lollipop threads

Last edited:

jsho31

Aug 4, 2010
Plano, Texas
Flashed this on my T-Mo M8. Its S-On and was never S-off, works fine, no issues anywhere that i can find. So to answer the question, yes, you can be S-On and flash this as long as youre on the latest firmware.

Reactions: sumo911

jwigley24

Mar 16, 2011
Ohio
Nexus 7 (2013)
Huawei Nexus 6P
i'm on sprint m8 h/k edition, on the latest sprint firmware (3.31.654.2)... i know the OP mentions flashing the 5.0 firmware, but i know sprint does not have an official one - am i able to flash the 5.0.1 firmware from graffixnyc's website to my sprint m8? of course i'm s-off, just wondering if it's compatible.

thank you!

DeeZZ_NuuZZ

May 16, 2012
Hanover
i'm on sprint m8 h/k edition, on the latest sprint firmware (3.31.654.2)... i know the OP mentions flashing the 5.0 firmware, but i know sprint does not have an official one - am i able to flash the 5.0.1 firmware from graffixnyc's website to my sprint m8? of course i'm s-off, just wondering if it's compatible.

thank you!
The 5.0 firmware is the gpe one even unlocked one m8 doesn't have 5.0 yet...if it's possible to convert the Sprint phone to gpe you can flash it otherwise not

benbailey84

Sep 13, 2011
Summerdale, AL
Did you flash the gpe firmware? If so you need to flash the sense firmware in order to go back to sense. It's in the op.

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

Just want to give you guys heads up, the motion launch and dt2w not working is a known issue. It will be Monday at the earliest before I can dig into this to see why not. I work retail, in management, therefore I don't get every weekend off

Reactions: cr1960

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ★☆★[ROM] M8 Nocturnal Limited Edition v2.0.7|LRX22C|Odex|Xtreme Audio|Jan 1st 2015

limitededition.png

QuF1mHf.png

about.png

v58DETY.jpg

E7cJDie.png

tliTojX.jpg

Nocturnal Limited Edition is a stock looking rom with without the extra bloat,
    leaving you with the most light weight Android experience out there.*
    This rom is optimized out of the box and runs scripts to keep it optimized no mater how much you use the phone,*
    let it be apps installed, opened or just normal daily use.*
    -Limited Edition based off LRX22C release keys
    -Kernel 3.4
    -Xtreme Audio Enhancements by Team Nocturnal
    -AudioFX EQ
    -ClearBass Audio
    -Xloud Audio
    -Beats Audio
    -Harman Kardon Audio
    -Dolby Mobile Audio
    -Core Enhancements by Team Nocturnal
    -Odexed Core
    -Google Cam with Sphere
    -Toggle Quick Settings
    -Bloatware removed
    -Nocturnal Wallpapers
    -Busybox
    -SqlLite
    -Appops
    -Rooted with SuperSU (Thanks Chainfire)
    -Xperia Z3 Ringtones

See 2nd Mods for extra goodies

Team.png

-GruesomeWolf
    -Mijjahz
    -BillBowers
    -ChongoDroid
    -Droidiac13
    -XsMagical
    -Benbailey84
    -mrjaydee82

Thanks.png

-Everyone at Team Nocturnal
    -All the Nexus Community
    OK so i see a lot of flack for the audio mods, so to answer some questions real quick.

Beats is in the rom, No you wont see a app or icon like sense roms

all other audio mods are the same, they are in there, enabled by default, you will not see an icon or anything, I added AudioFX to add that extra touch of manual settings. We still may need to tweak the audio but this is not an issue. This rom as stated in the OP, is meant to be a stable, clean debloated, battery performance rom, the audio was just an extra bonus. Do not judge based on audio please, judge based on the rom itself, I do no have or plan on buying an M8, i just wanted to share what i have built for internal use with all you guys. If you don't like the rom, that is fine but updates will come and improvements will follow. This rom is GPE based but built to be as close to a Nexus as you can get, not HTC or Sense. I currently have 3 builds out, LE for the N5, N6 and M8. All 3 builds are very very similar and with that being said, I will not add a mod to one and not the rest so give me time to work on the newer test builds and i will get a new stable out once we have other bugs fixed.
    ShDLVet.png

Q) Does my phone need to be unlocked?
    A) Yes, with a custom recovery

Q) Does my phone need to be S-Off?
    A) Yes, Sunshine is the only known supported S-Off tool as of now.

Q) Can I flash this without flashing GPE Lollipop Firmware?
    A) No. You can follow this link HERE for instructions how to do this, And this link HERE for the download. (Thanks to @graffixnyc for the firmware).

Q) Do I need to be rooted?
    A) No, the rom will come rooted or Unrooted

Q) Why does my phone feel laggy?
    A) This can be normal, just reboot and all should be fine.

Q) What does this do to my phone?
    A) It will make it cook bacon amongst other incredible features.

Q) How is XsMagical so cool?
    A) No one really knows, legends have it he was born on the other side of the pillow.

Q) Does ChongoDroid bite the pillow?
    A) Word on the street is yes...

Changelog.png

Click here for updated changelog
    Mods.png

Click here for Updated list of Mods

Download.png

Download Limited Edition

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Older Builds

Donate.png

Donate to Team Nocturnal
    Note: All donations go to the team to help us support newer devices.​
    We have a surprise for you guys that requested mods coming tomorrow in the test folder! Keep and eye out for 2.1.0 test 3...

Sent from my Nocturnal Nexus
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone