• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

★ ☆ [ROM][5.0.2][OFFICIAL] LiquidSmooth v4.0 | Lollipop | m7 [02-28-15]

Search This thread

mentalfloss

Jul 2, 2009
I was a bit gruff, but instead of taking offence consider that all of what you mentioned happened outside this thread. Many of us wouldn't know this.

Additionally, it was a bit of an assumption that he had abandoned this project as well, and since he hadn't stated that in this thread (unlike your screenshots which were for specific reasons to those ROMs), posts like yours are also used by some (ie: trolls) to either be annoying (often so someone, anyone, gives them the attention they rarely get in real life) or to bait the accused into acting for their benefit.

So, hopefully you can see it from my (and our) side. You know more than we do. Bring us into the game.

I don't mind being corrected when I'm reasonably wrong, so let me know if I'm off base.

I realize I started some thread pollution with my previous post so I'd like to not have it continue much further.

Reactions: iamjonmiller

95thfallout

Sep 26, 2014
St.Catharines
@santod040 Ive been a big fan of this whole development but as of today my htc one m7 has died and im upgrading to the s5. Im writing this as a final thank you and because I need your help one last time. I see the liquidsmooth team has a development for the s5 on drdevs however I can't seem to find the forum for it. If anyone knows where it is/if it exists please help.

Reactions: mentalfloss

Kemal

Aug 8, 2014
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
@santod040 Ive been a big fan of this whole development but as of today my htc one m7 has died and im upgrading to the s5. Im writing this as a final thank you and because I need your help one last time. I see the liquidsmooth team has a development for the s5 on drdevs however I can't seem to find the forum for it. If anyone knows where it is/if it exists please help.
i couldn't find it either. you can look at their google+ page here https://plus.google.com/communities/117452480298315341829

decayed.cell

Jan 16, 2010
Firstly, thanks for this nice ROM. Finally my M7 acts like it should, never could get used to sense :)

My observations with 1-11-15 build (full factory reset):
  • Camera app is a bit less adjustable than the sense one, but nothing vital is missing :good:
  • Dialer seems to be locking up at random times pegging the CPU at 100% while doing so. Examples:
    • Answering a call: 100% repeatability, it simply takes it a few seconds to go from "incoming call" mode to talking mode
    • Using the dialer, searching for people, etc.: randomly hangs for a while
    • Making a call: 100% repeatability, again transition from dialer to talk screen hangs for a while
    • Finishing a call: 100% repeatability, just won't go out of talk screen (for a while)
  • touch screen sometimes works when it shouldn't: today I managed to terminate a call while talking (screen turned off) and reset the phone when I put it (turned off) in my back pocket
  • the lollipop pinning feature: I can't seem to be able to unpin. Both back and recents button need to be pressed simultaneously, but I don't think M7 can do that. Anyway, unless the app in question has some kind of "exit" feature, there's no way to terminate the pinning.
  • Battery: there's a huge battery drain somewhere. It's listed as "Miscellaneous" and it takes about 80% of total battery use on my phone. When clicked in battery stats, it just displays battery capacity (total vs used by this Miscellaneous thing).

Hope any of this helps.
I'm having the same problem with the Dialer. I can't make any calls - as in, it will dial out as the other person can pick up, but I can't hear anything or get the calling window to appear

skyband123

Mar 29, 2008
Hi, thanks for the ROM. Best one i've tried so far. Just one question the FM radio app, does it work? It keeps saying that i must plug in a headset to use even though i have plugged in headphones. Can the official HTC headset only be used?

mcstoned

Apr 9, 2010
Tried to flash, which has been successful so far... but when starting up -> "com.android.phone has been terminated" (or stopped) ... in an endless loop (when i click "ok") ... what can i do? Any ideas?
"Up-"graded from CM12.1 Nightly, but erased dalvic

ghostryder12

Jun 26, 2009
Northern California
Tried to flash, which has been successful so far... but when starting up -> "com.android.phone has been terminated" (or stopped) ... in an endless loop (when i click "ok") ... what can i do? Any ideas?
"Up-"graded from CM12.1 Nightly, but erased dalvic
Since this thread has been dead since April, I moved on to to the Official cm12.1 very 5.1.1 Rom from this one. I've been using the cm12.1 Rom April.
Here's the cm12.1 link and here's the Gapps link I use.
Good luck.

Reactions: mcstoned

mcstoned

Apr 9, 2010
Thats the OS i am moving from, to LiquidSmooth... I recently moved to CM12.1 and am quite happy so far, still wanted to try LS because i had LS about a Year ago (still KK) and was happy about the costomization possibility..
Also, i do have one simple problem with CM12.1 ... Sometimes after a reboot, it seems CM does not recognice my SimCard Slot (not just the SimCard itself!!!) because it says, "No SimCard detected" and does not change whether i un- and re-plug the SimCard... I have to reboot the phone and by a 80/20 chance, the SimCard will be detected after a second reboot (quick or full-reboot does not matter; sometimes quick reboot does even work better)... the third reboot is 90% to get the Sim working... Any clue about that?! ( I know! its no LS matter, sorry :( ) ....
... And, still i am wondering what to do to get LS working

ghostryder12

Jun 26, 2009
Northern California
Thats the OS i am moving from, to LiquidSmooth... I recently moved to CM12.1 and am quite happy so far, still wanted to try LS because i had LS about a Year ago (still KK) and was happy about the costomization possibility..
Also, i do have one simple problem with CM12.1 ... Sometimes after a reboot, it seems CM does not recognice my SimCard Slot (not just the SimCard itself!!!) because it says, "No SimCard detected" and does not change whether i un- and re-plug the SimCard... I have to reboot the phone and by a 80/20 chance, the SimCard will be detected after a second reboot (quick or full-reboot does not matter; sometimes quick reboot does even work better)... the third reboot is 90% to get the Sim working... Any clue about that?! ( I know! its no LS matter, sorry :( ) ....
... And, still i am wondering what to do to get LS working
For me, the sim card issue was the Rom and usually because something was corrupted in the original download. I would delete the download, re-download the Rom and things were good then.
I've had the "com.phone.android" b4 and it happened when I did a dirty flash. After a wipe/flash, that issue was gone. Other than that, I'm out of ideas.
Good luck my friend and post your solution once you have fixed the problem.

Reactions: mcstoned

mcstoned

Apr 9, 2010
Thanks so much, ghostryder12!! ... Umn, i usually install every nightly (of CM12.1) since i flashed it... so... every single on of them has the same "problem"... all currupted?! Hmn?! ... But, maybe you are right and i should try a wipe/flash ... only did a dalvic so far... But, this morning i figured it unfortunately not only happens after a reboot but also when i turn on/off flight mode :( With a 50/50 chance, the phone does not recognice the simcard... so far i was hoping to avoid a complete wipe ;) ... maybe i should just try to...
many thanks... let you know whenever i do so

ghostryder12

Jun 26, 2009
Northern California
Thanks so much, ghostryder12!! ... Umn, i usually install every nightly (of CM12.1) since i flashed it... so... every single on of them has the same "problem"... all currupted?! Hmn?! ... But, maybe you are right and i should try a wipe/flash ... only did a dalvic so far... But, this morning i figured it unfortunately not only happens after a reboot but also when i turn on/off flight mode :( With a 50/50 chance, the phone does not recognice the simcard... so far i was hoping to avoid a complete wipe ;) ... maybe i should just try to...
many thanks... let you know whenever i do so

Yeah, the more I think about it, I'm thinking that your initial Rom flash may have had a corrupted file from a glitch during downloading. I would delete the initial Rom download, re-download the Rom wanted. Do a wipe then flash that Rom.
Good luck.

Joeisgood99

Jan 4, 2015
Melbourne
Compiling Liquid for my HTC m7

Hey @santod040
Im trying to compile this rom for my m7, as a way to learn about compiling Android.
How do you add a device to your source code? specifically for HTC m7
I could copy the HTC/m7, /m7-common & /msn8960-common files from Cyenogen (except /cm.dependancies & cm.mk) then run ./extract-files.sh to get Proprietary Blobs from your rom.zip that I have downloaded, but not sure if that is all I need to do or can I just run
Code:
./build-liquid.sh -c1 -j14 m7
and it will download the files needed?
Can you please tell me how to add HTC m7 to the device list?

Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    r52IZDD.png

LiquidSmooth is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project.

Dedicated to providing users with smooth, stable and ROMs. A Lightweight modified AOSP base, and then add the features you crave!

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device.

We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash!

deadman96385

jsnweitzel

johnnyslt

santod040

Somber73

TheBr0ken

CPA-Poke

Cdub50

Features
    Code:
    * ROM built with SaberMod 4.8.4 GCC Toolchain 
    * Kernel built with SaberMod 4.9.3 GCC Toolchain
    * Updated Linux to 3.10.62
    * LCD KCAL control
    * Disabled forced encryption
    * Tweaked CPU governors (more gov's to come)
    * ARM Optimized String Handling Routines
    * Linaro and Code Aurora Optimizations
    * Gesture Anywhere
    * Gesture unlock
    * Battery icon options
    * SlimRoms Headsup customization
     * Custom toast animations
    * Option to disable screenshot noise
    * Built in superuser options with Root access options
    * Call blacklist options
    * SMS rate limiting option
    * Filter spam notifications
    * Per app control for Lockscreen notifications
    * Configurable 0, 90, 180 and 270 degree rotation
    * Safe headset volume option
    * Less annoying sound notifications option
    * Option to use volume keys to control media volume anytime
    * Option to customize device hostname
    * Option to not wake up device when charge is plugged/unplugged
    * Volume rocker wake up
    * IME switcher notification control
    * Option to disable fullscreen keyboard
    * Force autorotation on IME
    * Option to force show enter key
    * CM's Privacy Guard
    * Increasing ringtone option
    * Dark UI (primarily in Settings for now)
    * Screen Density changer
    * Statusbar clock customization
    * Option to disable searchbar in recents
    * Statusbar brightness control
    * Double tap statusbar to sleep control
    * Custom Lockscreen shortcuts
    * Extra info about your device (About phone/tablet)
    * Custom Liquid Logo in about phone/tablet
    * Google bug report and ota removed
    * Option to show kernel toolchain and other info by tapping kernel version in about phone/tablet
    * Timeout and instant lock options added to slide unlock instead of just secure keyguard options
    * Developer options enabled by default
    * Navigation bar height control
    * Show application package name in app info
    * LiquidSmooth Stats and Updater added
    * Partition size info
    * Option to disable immersive messages

Check our Google+ for updates

Source Links
    Code:
    [url="http://github.com/LiquidSmooth"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][B]LiquidSmooth Github[/B][/COLOR][/URL]
    [url="https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_kernel_htc_msm8960"][B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]LiquidSmooth Kernel Source[/COLOR][/B][/URL]

Download Links
    Code:
    [url="http://drdevs.com/devs/teamliquid/?dir=Nightly/HTC_One_M7_Unified_gsm"][B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]ROM Download - v4 Nightlies[/COLOR][/B][/URL]

[url="http://forum.xda-developers.com/paranoid-android/general/gapps-official-to-date-pa-google-apps-t2943900"]Lollipop Gapps Download
    ( or use whatever works for you)[/URL]

Screenshots
    NgkP7E3.png

xprEFeu.png

kIjGrM5.png

u8W67aZ.png

vdedw7G.png

Please Support Liquid by Donating HERE

Kernel source: Link
    Kernel source - MLG: Link

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][5.0][OFFICIAL] LiquidSmooth | Lollipop | m7 | v4.0 Alpha, ROM for the HTC One

Contributors
    santod040
    Source Code: https://github.com/LiquidSmooth/

ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: latest kitkat
    Based On: AOSP, Cyanogenmod

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: v3.1 6-10-14
    Stable Release Date: 2014-06-10
    Current Beta Version: v4.0
    Beta Release Date: 2014-02-12

Created 2014-02-16
    Last Updated 2015-03-01
    Updated to LiquidSmooth v4.0 - Lollipop

LS-LP-v4.0-2014-11-30-liquid_m7 added to the OP.

This is the first LiquidSmooth Alpha Lollipop build I'm posting publicly.
    So keep in mind, things will be changing and this will be seeing frequent additions, bug fixes, and and overall optimization.
    I hope you enjoy this initial release! :good:

Lollipop Features:
    Will update Lollipop feature list as it progresses...
    Still pretty basic for now, but is growing with each new day.

Built in SuperSu
    Quick quick settings toggle
    Network traffic statusbar toggle
    Double Tap 2 sleep statusbar
    Statusbar brightness control
    Show clock & date
    Clock/Date color
    Clock position > center/left/right
    Show/hide am/pm
    Show/hide date
    Ad blocker
    Lcd density
    V4A Audio in settings
    Ambient display
    Volume wake
    Immersive mode toggle
    Notification light length and speed
    Advanced power menu
    UPDATED!~

New 01-11-15 LS LP Build is up.
    I uploaded to our DrDev server again like I used to, rather then using AFH like I have been lately.
    If it doesn't work out well for folks, I can go back to using AFH.
    We do have a new download agent though, that seems to work fairly well and has pause/resume capabilities.

This new build has our latest Dark UI, which is darker then before(Black), with less green and more material grey.
    This is the default look for now, may or may not change, it's still early... :good:
    I added some changes to hopefully help with screen freezes and touches in calls, etc.
    (they are not kernel changes, so don't worry about losing the above changes by using another kernel.)
    For full list of LS changes see our Gerrit.
    I see on gerrit that the rom has been rebased on Android 5.0.1!! When the new version for m7?

We've just now finished merging the files.
    My machine is compiling CM12 at this very moment.
    I did m7 cm12 first, as they seemed they couldn't wait.
    M7vzw is building now(my variant), then m7spr, and last the Dna.
    Then I will start the Liquid builds for each.
    I am but one person, with one computer and doing this at no charge and for fun.
    Let's keep it fun and not do the ETA thing. ;)
    Thanks
    UPDATED!~

LS-LP-v4.0-2014-12-24-liquid_m7 is now in the OP!

Merry Christmas!

See LiquidSmooth Gerrit for full list of changes.