♦ [ROM][I9300][5.0.2] Temasek's UNOFFICIAL CyanogenMod 12 ♦

Search This thread

Perooo1

Oct 25, 2013
I've tried all the versions of 5.5.0. Clean, dirty, restore apps, new apps, stock kernel, boeffla and I still get (infrequesnt) reboots :(
Not good as 5.5.0 seems really good on perfomance and battery life when it's not crashing..
Seems to run fine for a few days then starts to get the reboots. Not rhyme or reason :(

Back to 5.4.6 which is appears to be the most stable for me ( this is a daily driver and includes work use) .

Not a complaint, just some feedback !
Erm, wrong thread? Becouse as far as I remember there is no version 5.5.0

Poslano sa mog GT-I9300 koristeći Tapatalk

sergeber

Jul 21, 2015
changing roms after core replacement

Hey guys, I need your advice...
until about a year ago I was playing with ROMs and everyhing was fun and all, until my S3 had a heart attack...
the core was replaced, and the dude who fixed the phone said that he wouldn't recommend changing ROMs after that.

so now a year has passed and everything works fine..but i'm stuck with stock ROM!! and I reaaallly wanna put the new Temasek ROM!!

so what do you think?
should I try putting temasek ROM after core replacement? can I?

KeTuRr74

until about a year ago I was playing with ROMs and everyhing was fun and all, until my S3 had a heart attack...
the core was replaced, and the dude who fixed the phone said that he wouldn't recommend changing ROMs after that.

so now a year has passed and everything works fine..but i'm stuck with stock ROM!! and I reaaallly wanna put the new Temasek ROM!!

so what do you think?

Try whatever you want in any case the dev is not responsible in any case of hardbrick of something like this. This is only your choice :D

Perooo1

Oct 25, 2013

so what do you think?
They also told me that and everything is fine... But still,do at your own risk :)

Poslano sa mog GT-I9300 koristeći Tapatalk

Sc0pio

Apr 24, 2015
Cadiz
¿Cuales son los Bug que trae esta rom alguien lo sabe?:crying:

What are the Bug that brings this rom anyone knows ?:crying:

GRACIAS.
Thank you

Phil.jkb

Dec 11, 2014
Root Missing after flashing

Hey,
I just did a clean install, and tried to get root access again. Flashed SuperSU zip and installed it from the Playstore.
Wanted to tick ''root access'' in the dev options. but i couln't find the option. SuperSu doesn't work either.
It gives me the message:
No su binary found(...)You need to re root the device again.
I don't know how to fix it as I tried all i know. Please help me :(

stefanomc

Sep 12, 2012
Install super su with a flash from recovery, the rom is no rooted

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Free mobile app

osem

Aug 11, 2015
the latest version v15 has very problem. it aleays resets itself . some apps works very slow and heats. when the new version will be accessible?

CargoCult

Aug 15, 2015
Camera/Preview/SurfaceView

Upgraded to v15.6 yesterday and every apps I tried that use the Preview feed of the Camera crashed. Made a simple app that worked on SMT520 with official cm12.1 (5.1.1) using SurfaceView and the old Camera API, preview is freezing the app and could not even do any shot. Note that default Camera App (com.android.camera2) is working fine.

Had to downgrade to v15 to fix this.

Apps that I tried on v15.6 and were not working until I downgraded to v15:
- my own app, using SurfaceView/old Camera API
- Buycott (com.buycott.android)
- Barcode Scanner (com.google.zxing.client.android)

Sc0pio

Apr 24, 2015
Cadiz
Como se usa el OTA update?¿ :confused:
para actualizar a la 15.8...
Gracias.
----------------------
As the OTA update is used? :confused:
to upgrade to 15.8 ...
Thank you.

Joebar18

Aug 28, 2015
Frankfurt
I just flashed the new version on my S3 and want to thank Temasek and all other involved people for their great work! :good::good::good:
One major issue for me is still present (was also in CM11): The car bluetooth speakerphone does not work. Whenever I initiate a call, I get a distorted sound and can't understand anything.
Can this be looked at by any chance?

Thanks,
Joe

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

I just flashed the new version on my S3 and want to thank Temasek and all other involved people for their great work! :good::good::good:
One major issue for me is still present (was also in CM11): The car bluetooth speakerphone does not work. Whenever I initiate a call, I get a distorted sound and can't understand anything.
Can this be looked at by any chance?

Thanks,
Joe

Update: I just figured out that when I switch "preferred network" to 2G, the problem is gone. Very strange.....

Reactions: syrokrem1234

s3 used

Apr 27, 2015
Help

I was download v16 by ota update.But when i check md5 it fail. Do i flash it? Sorry i am not good English

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    temasek's UNOFFICIAL CM12 BUILDS
    OFFICIAL ROM MAINTAINER THREAD

i58tjrODT6YJO.jpg
    idW3PLLLhD1x8.jpg

This is the official maintainer thread for all current and future unofficial builds of CM12; source-worked by @temasek, built to i9300 by @arter97. This thread was created on his behalf and will be maintained accordingly. Please report any bugs or issues that you see; when applicable, please follow the bug reporting format found in post #3. Download links, changelogs and other important information can be found in post #2. Thank you.

DISCLAIMER
    Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.
     */

Foreward
    This thread is currently under maintenance. Should there be any inaccurate information, please PM me. Images and formatting will be handled at a future date.

dalPu6H.png

Download Links and Changelog
    FAQ and Trouble Shooting

SxKmg8F.png

The lastest version TWRP (2.8.1.0) or PhilZ Touch recovery is recommended.

Clean Installation
    1. Download the appropriate ROM using links provide in the second post.
    2. Download the appropriate GApps following the links in the second post.
    3. Back up any and all important data.
    5. WIPE DALVIK/CACHE/DATA/FACTORY RESET.
    6. WIPE SYSTEM.
    7. Flash the ROM in recovery.
    7.1. DO NOT FIX PERMISSIONS AFTER FLASHING, doing so will cause a bootloop.
    8. Flash the GApps.
    9. WIPE DALVIK/CACHE (for good measure).
    10. Reboot Device.

Dirty Flash/Update
    1. Download the appropriate ROM using links provide in the second post.
    2. WIPE CACHE/DALVIK.
    3. Install the update zip from recovery.
    3.1. DO NOT FIX PERMISSIONS AFTER FLASHING, doing so will cause a bootloop.
    4. WIPE DALVIK/CACHE (for good measure).
    5. Reboot Device.

zoyBj1O.png

yeJ0rsq.png

8TBhvee.png

@JustArchi
    @Moster2
    @arter97
    @temasek
    @PartimusPrime

67PE5Dv.png

Please consider donating to @JustArchi: http://xdaforums.com/donatetome.php?u=5161352
    Also consider donating to @Moster2: http://xdaforums.com/donatetome.php?u=4604352
    Those 2 developers has made possible for our old i9300 to never retire with their amazing jobs with CyanogenMod 12!
    Also consider donating to @PartimusPrime for making our amazing boot animation!: http://xdaforums.com/donatetome.php?u=4620435

XDA:DevDB Information
    ♦ [ROM][I9300][5.0.2] Temasek's UNOFFICIAL CyanogenMod 12 ♦, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S III I9300

Contributors
    arter97, temasek, JustArchi, Moster2
    Source Code: https://github.com/temasek

ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod 12

Version Information

Created 2014-12-29
    Last Updated 2014-12-29
    W09eVKN.png

MY SD Card Isn't Working
    - Format the SD Card in recovery to Ext4 (from FAT) and it should be good to go. Besides, who likes the 3.9GB file limit of FAT anyways :)
    - NTFS formatting also works, but SD card is no longer detectable in recovery.

Help! Miscellaneous is draining my battery!
    Miscellaneous itself is not some mystical process that drains battery. It's showing the difference between estimated battery drain and actual battery drain (so more like a summation of all of the miscellaneous processes that drained the battery unexpectedly).

Work In Progress. Will be updated as comments are added.

WRSPdM2.png

If you are experiencing any issues and have performed a dirty flash, please try a clean flash prior to posting your question. Thank you!
    If you have an issue and want require help, please submit a kmsg log with the following information:

Note: Do not pull out battery or else no log; this log can be located at: /proc/last_kmsg

When Possible, Please Include:
    - Instructions to recreate the error you encountered.
    - Any other relevant information (i.e. Kernel version/Build, etc.).

Please read all of the OP before you post. Do not report issues on previous builds only on the latest.
    Nice. Tema's rom was awesome on cm10 and 11.
    Just a few things:
    - It might be convinient to see what the differences are compared to normal cm12 (which will be very minor at this point). I know that temasek used to cherrypick from different roms as well.
    -What are you planning for kernel? Are you using stock cm kernel, or are you planning to bundle it with your own kernel? Temasek had a seperate kernel when he had his s3. Just wondering what you are planning.

It will be great to see this Rom and Archidroid based on cm12 go head to head. Thanks for keeping the s3 alive.
    I am flashing right now. BTW flashing took a really long time with TWRP 2.8.3.0 (Not the booting part, i know that takes time, but the actual flashing took several minutes).

Edit:
    And it still has DSP manager !!!!! So much nicer than AudioFX

Personally I don't see custom ROMs as competitors and we shouldn't actually.

Like it, use it. Don't like, move on. It's freedom of choice. I'm in pretty good relations with @arter97 and I am sure we can both work hand in hand to make users enjoy yet again on your I9300.

Remember @arter97 is the one who brings u the finished product to enjoy. I'm merely working in the background. So let's give @arter97 the support which many have given me.

Regards
    Temasek
    V5.3 is up on the mirror server as the BasketBuild is unresponsive right now...

http://arter97.iptime.org:8080/browse/S3/ROM/Lollipop/Temasek/