♦ [ROM][I9300][5.1.1] Temasek's UNOFFICIAL CyanogenMod 12.1 ♦

Search This thread

iceman0826

Mar 13, 2013
Quezon City
Google Play Services Has Stopped Fix

For those still suffering from Google Play Services Has Stopped like me awhile ago, all you have to do is to reset permission in setting>privacy>privacy guard.

DO NOT try to disable WAKE UP and KEEP AWAKE or else you will suffer a 5-10 Seconds of pop-up "Google Play Services Has Stopped".

But doing this will make Google Play Services to Drain your Battery but i think google has already patched this. But if you had a battery drain, I suggest you use Amplify+Greenify combination and try to follow this guide from @v7 http://xdaforums.com/android/general/guide-extreme-battery-life-t3095884

jaigdev

Aug 15, 2015
if it is exfat formatted it is (at the moment) not supported as far as I know.
you need one that is fat32 formatted

Hi Darkened_Sky,

with latest cm13 V 2.0 I can access the SD card using File manager from the phone but I don't see anything (neither SD card nor internal memory) from the pc; it detects the hardware and I can see it is connected but the folders are empty. It was ok with cm12.1 - V 18.6.
Do you have any idea ?

Thanks
Jaigdev

Darkened_Sky

Jun 17, 2013
Germany
Hi Darkened_Sky,

with latest cm13 V 2.0 I can access the SD card using File manager from the phone but I don't see anything (neither SD card nor internal memory) from the pc; it detects the hardware and I can see it is connected but the folders are empty. It was ok with cm12.1 - V 18.6.
Do you have any idea ?

yes I know, as far as I know it is a cm13 bug for i9300.
it is still early stage and bugs have to be expected.

Reactions: jaigdev

jaigdev

Aug 15, 2015
if it is exfat formatted it is (at the moment) not supported as far as I know.
you need one that is fat32 formatted

In CM13 /Android 6 you must switch USB Settig in Phone
See notification when you plug in (tap usb connection)
http://m.androidcentral.com/inside-marshmallow-usb-connection-options

Dear fontox,

thank you it works !

Jaigdev

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

yes I know, as far as I know it is a cm13 bug for i9300.
it is still early stage and bugs have to be expected.

Dear Darkened_Sky,

thank you for your reply, and for all your precious work !

Jaigdev

SteStanich

Jan 29, 2014
Milano
Firts of all happy new year to everybody!
Second, I'm in love with this rom, thank you @Darkened_Sky for keeping it updated.
Third, anyone having this? Wifi is always shown in battery stats, but it's off!

241a17ff55b225feffa9df3793af737c.jpg

EDIT: solved

Last edited:

Perooo1

Oct 25, 2013
Hey everyone!

Soo, I haven't been following this thread since ~June/July and as I see a lot of things have changed. Arter isn't maintaining this ROM anymore? Not necessarily a bad thing, by any means, just a news to me. :) I am still rocking V12.3 android 5.1.1 as my daily driver(since June 2015) and it runs OK, there is lag sometimes and some crashes but can't expect much from 3 yrs old phone. :) What is latest version of ROM, I see it is now based on 6.0.1, correct? What all has changed since V12.3( a lot of things I guess)? Is TWRP still recovery-to-go? Hope I'm not being too annoying :)

Happy new year, everyone! :)

Poslano sa mog GT-I9300 koristeći Tapatalk

Darkened_Sky

Jun 17, 2013
Germany
Oh my hey! But yeah Idk what I'm doing wrong, did you flash it directly after a clean flash?
no after dirty flash. Maybe you should download the kernel again. I used u494. I heard that u600 makes sometimes problems.

Hey everyone!
Soo, I haven't been following this thread since ~June/July and as I see a lot of things have changed. Arter isn't maintaining this ROM anymore? Not necessarily a bad thing, by any means, just a news to me. :) I am still rocking V12.3 android 5.1.1 as my daily driver(since June 2015) and it runs OK, there is lag sometimes and some crashes but can't expect much from 3 yrs old phone. :) What is latest version of ROM, I see it is now based on 6.0.1, correct? What all has changed since V12.3( a lot of things I guess)? Is TWRP still recovery-to-go? Hope I'm not being too annoying :)

no it was never said that arter has stopped, he can restart anytime. 18.0 was his last cm12.1 compiled version. mine was 18.6
for cm13 I compiled v2.1 as latest
so if you are on v12.3 it is recommended to update to either arters or mine latest cm12.1 (or cm13). one reason is because of security patches (stagefright) and the other reason is because of much higher performance which was introduced with v15 I think (not sure).
TWRP is still recommended yes.
If you are interested you can make a backup and simply try it out ;)

Perooo1

Oct 25, 2013
no it was never said.............If you are interested you can make a backup and simply try it out ;)

I am indeed interested! :) I see page to download arter's builds, but where can I download yours? Also I have TWRP version 2.8.7.1.; is it still the latest version or is there some new 3rd party developer supporting TWRP for s3 and I have to download it from some other website? :)

Darkened_Sky

Jun 17, 2013
Germany
Reactions: Perooo1

Perooo1

Oct 25, 2013
Few more questions and I won't bug you anymore, I promise! :D
1. To get root I just enable it in developer options or do I need to flash superSU?
2. Which gapps do you recommend?
3. Is it compatible with XPosed? Asking because my current V12.3 isn't.

Thank you for your time answering my, kinda stupid, questions and making our phones better and better with your, and all devs included in this project, work! :D

Poslano sa mog GT-I9300 koristeći Tapatalk

Reactions: syrokrem1234

Darkened_Sky

Jun 17, 2013
Germany
Few more questions and I won't bug you anymore, I promise! :D
1. To get root I just enable it in developer options or do I need to flash superSU?
2. Which gapps do you recommend?
3. Is it compatible with XPosed? Asking because my current V12.3 isn't.
all these questions could simply be answered by a little search or going some pages back. ;)
1. yes in developer options. no supersu needed
2. opengapps
3. yes. use latest official arm version http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3034811 sdk 22 for lollipop and sdk 23 for marshmallow

Darkened_Sky

Jun 17, 2013
Germany
Just in case if you want to make a new thread on XDA with temasek's cm-13.0 fork, go for it.
I'll let temasek know who're taking over maintaining it.

Seems like you'd do a better job on maintaining temasek ROMs.

well thanks. I'll do so, as soon as I find time. An horrible month full of exams has started for me :eek:

But I hope this does not mean that you stop for i9300?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    temasek's UNOFFICIAL CM12.1 BUILDS
    OFFICIAL ROM MAINTAINER THREAD

i58tjrODT6YJO.jpg
    idW3PLLLhD1x8.jpg

This is the official maintainer thread for all current and future unofficial builds of CM12.1; source-worked by @temasek, built to Galaxy S3 i9300 by @arter97. This thread was created on his behalf and will be maintained accordingly. Please report any bugs or issues that you see; when applicable, please follow the bug reporting format found in post #3. Download links, changelogs and other important information can be found in post #2. Thank you.

DISCLAIMER
    Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.
     */

dalPu6H.png

Download Links and Changelog
    FAQ and Trouble Shooting

SxKmg8F.png

The lastest version TWRP (2.8.1.0) or PhilZ Touch recovery is recommended.

Clean Installation
    1. Download the appropriate ROM using links provide in the second post.
    2. Download the appropriate GApps following the links in the second post.
    3. Back up any and all important data.
    5. WIPE DALVIK/CACHE/DATA/FACTORY RESET.
    6. WIPE SYSTEM.
    7. Flash the ROM in recovery.
    7.1. DO NOT FIX PERMISSIONS AFTER FLASHING, doing so will cause a bootloop.
    8. Flash the GApps.
    9. WIPE DALVIK/CACHE (for good measure).
    10. Reboot Device.

Dirty Flash/Update
    1. Download the appropriate ROM using links provide in the second post.
    2. WIPE CACHE/DALVIK.
    3. Install the update zip from recovery.
    3.1. DO NOT FIX PERMISSIONS AFTER FLASHING, doing so will cause a bootloop.
    4. WIPE DALVIK/CACHE (for good measure).
    5. Reboot Device.

zoyBj1O.png

rHkzLA0.png

More:
    sOBPbcR.png

X6Buelf.png

8TBhvee.png

@JustArchi
    @Moster2
    @arter97
    @temasek
    @PartimusPrime

67PE5Dv.png

Please consider donating to @JustArchi: http://xdaforums.com/donatetome.php?u=5161352
    Also consider donating to @Moster2: http://xdaforums.com/donatetome.php?u=4604352
    Those 2 developers has made possible for our old i9300 to never retire with their amazing jobs with CyanogenMod 12!
    Also consider donating to @PartimusPrime for making our amazing boot animation!: http://xdaforums.com/donatetome.php?u=4620435
    Please consider donating! http://xdaforums.com/donatetome.php?u=4898097

XDA:DevDB Information
    ♦ [ROM][I9300][5.1.1] Temasek's UNOFFICIAL CyanogenMod 12.1 ♦, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S III I9300

Contributors
    arter97, temasek
    Source Code: https://github.com/arter97-temasek-i9300

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod 12.1

Version Information

Created 2015-04-19
    Last Updated 2015-04-22
    !Unofficial! Temasek ROM Updates

ok guys
    I got the permission by @arter97 to publish my self compiled versions of the latest temasek rom
    all credits to temasek, arter97, JustArchi

Important Notes:
    • these releases have nothing to do with arter97's releases
    • I am not responsible for bricked devices or any other damages. Make a nandroid backup before flashing anything!
    • My builds are OTA ready (since v16.5). This means I will not directly include OTA app into ROM like the official versions, but you can download it from playstore. it will notify you about new versions and direct you to the download through your web browser
    • my builds have slightly decreased file size, because of missing OTA and some missing wallpapers
    • my builds use the block-based flashing method
    • stock kernel has enabled boeffla sound. use boeffla sound app to personalize it. Credits to Lord Boeffla
    • stock kernel compiled with Architoolchain GCC5.2 Credits to JustArchi
    • Rom is compiled with Sabermod 4.9
    • SuperSu is not needed as it is a userdebug build. Simply enable root in developer options!
    • from 16.4 onwards: those with statusbar settings FC have to delete /data/data/com.android.settings using a file manager with root access

Downloads from my AndroidFileHost Subfolder. Always choose the latest release:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=35517

my github: https://github.com/DarkenedSky94?tab=repositories
    used local_manifest: https://github.com/DarkenedSky94/local_manifest/blob/master/roomservice.xml

happy flashing ;)
    (and don't forget it is not hard to click 'thanks' ;) )
    !!Unofficial!! Update v16.8

unofficial temasek rom updated to v16.8 ;)

for latest changes check his github, his twitter...
    Changes from the cyanogenmod base for our device by JustArchi and latest CM sources are always included as well!

btw. from next week onwards my university semester starts again, so expect some delays from my side. But I'll try to do the best I can ;)

Download and important informations: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=61964626&postcount=1402

happy flashing ;) always make backups before!
    (Don't forget: it is not hard to hit thanks :D)
    W09eVKN.png

MY SD Card Isn't Working
    - Format the SD Card in recovery to Ext4 (from FAT) and it should be good to go. Besides, who likes the 3.9GB file limit of FAT anyways :)
    - NTFS formatting also works, but SD card is no longer detectable in recovery.

Help! Miscellaneous is draining my battery!
    Miscellaneous itself is not some mystical process that drains battery. It's showing the difference between estimated battery drain and actual battery drain (so more like a summation of all of the miscellaneous processes that drained the battery unexpectedly).

Work In Progress. Will be updated as comments are added.

WRSPdM2.png

If you are experiencing any issues and have performed a dirty flash, please try a clean flash prior to posting your question. Thank you!
    If you have an issue and want require help, please submit a kmsg log with the following information:

Note: Do not pull out battery or else no log; this log can be located at: /proc/last_kmsg

When Possible, Please Include:
    - Instructions to recreate the error you encountered.
    - Any other relevant information (i.e. Kernel version/Build, etc.).

Please read all of the OP before you post. Do not report issues on previous builds only on the latest.