_Dennis_ROM Deodexed

Search This thread

s8freak

Jan 17, 2013
Sanger
im using it too but only version 1.5. newer builds are 5.1.1 and if your on att theres not 5.1.1 bootloader or baseband to flash to run the rom. so if you wanna use it dont flash versions higher than 1.5 or lower. i believe 1.5 was the first one to support att phones.

Correct
Here's the link to the 1.5 Rom and Aroma that works for our G925A and the Aroma that I used with Dennis Rom
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3139030

Last edited:
Reactions: tbird57

rob219

Jul 11, 2010
here and there
Google Pixel 7a
Correct
Here's the link to the 1.5 Rom and Aroma that works for our G925A and the Aroma that I used with Dennis Rom
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3139030

you dont have yo wait after you flash the rom and reboot to flash the add ons zip by the way. you can if you want but i've flashed this twice. both time i flashed the rom, the add on zip and gps fix all at once. just remember to uncheck reboot now in the aroma installer for both the rom and add on zip. takes away wifi calling for t-mobile and volte for or att versions by the way

Last edited:

dave812

Jun 7, 2010
Hey Man,

I made the same mistake (upgrade to OF4 baseband), but I am having a different experience than you. I only need to flash the two of4 files via Odin if I do a clean Odin flash of oe2. I flash oe2, root, then flash of4 files, then flashfire. From there I can flash any of the three Roms, WITHOUT, using Odin in between. I'm not sure why were having different experiences, but I thought I'd share mine.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    *** Disclamer

I have tested this on my phone, but my phone is not your phone. Anything can happen, and this may not work on your specific phone. I can not and will not be responsible for what you choose to do with your device.

Also please remember I am new to this.

Introduction
    This ROM is what I use for myself. I am releasing it do to the interest in a deodexed ROM with some mods.

Bugs

Images
    5eba8a7e6f935950155653bf5a1aa4b2.jpg

6e16a2126653f826fefb8e66e30bbe76.jpg

a4b9937130b6a90e56ab961e730b8ec3.jpg

Installation instructions
    Must be on latest OTA (OE2) which you can get the Odin files from here
    Must be rooted, use pingpong root from Here
    Must have FlashFire, You can get it from here
    I would suggest wiping in flashfire.
    On first boot, some apps may FC (MAPS), just update from play store.

Download

Changelog
    Code:
    Current changelog: -- 14 June
    - Added build.prop RAM managment tweaks from @mickeyinid and [user=4517211]@Xileforce[/user]. see link below for the thread.
    - Removed /system/app/SecuritylogAgent.apk Hopefully it fixes the Knox screen of death.

6 JUNE

-Reinstalled a free things, should return RAM management back to stock.
    - Installed 3 minit battery mod. (www.3minit.com)
    -----This will likely cause SystemUI FC when typing decrypt password, I can make a non-3minit version if people are interested.
    - File size is larger, I used 7 zip to zip it, no compression.
    - Messed with floating.XML, trying to get normal settings menu. It didn't work, but I just left the modified file.

29 May 2015

-More bloat removed.
    -No more AT&T locker on first boot.
    -I hope all the knox stuff is gone.
    -Now should show data icons for Canada (I hate the AT&T ones.) --Maybe not, need to figure out what's causing it not to work.

26 May 2015
    Deodexed the /system for easy themeing.
    Centered the clock
    Made the clock disappear when on lockscreen
    Erased the battery icon (I use the "show battery percentage" setting)
    Erased the AT&T text in status bar when no icons are shown.
    Removed the NFC Icon from statusbar.
    Removed the AT&T wifi notification.

FAQ
    Q: Where is the Kernel? or Where is the Kernel Source?
    A: Since AT&T and Samsung have consipred to lock the bootloader, there is not kernel as flashing anything but stock will probably require an Odin flash to stock.

Q: Any way to get just the SystemUI for use on other DeOdexed ROM?
    A: Yes, here you go. SystemUI.apk
    Any more, you ask, I'll try answer.

Thanks To/Credits @scrosler for extracting the base ROM from the img files, I keep running into issues with setting up a virtual box for linux to extract it. Here is his thread: http://xdaforums.com/att-galaxy-s6/development/rom-stock-rooted-g920a-ucu1aoce-t3111327
    @Chainfire for SuperSU and Flashfire ( http://xdaforums.com/general/paid-software/flashfire-t3075433 )
    @Ticklefish for the guides on XML editing ( http://xdaforums.com/general/xda-university/xml-101-xml-modding-easy-t2929816 )
    @svadev for the deodex tool ( http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s5/general/tool-deodex-tool-android-l-t2972025 )
    @mikeyinid and @Xileforce for the S6 RAM Managment hacks. http://xdaforums.com/tmobile-galaxy-s6/general/s6-ram-management-discussion-t3128229

XDA:DevDB Information
    _Dennis_ROM, ROM for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S6

Contributors
    _Dennis_
    ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
    ROM Firmware Required: OE2

Version Information

Created 2015-05-26
    Last Updated 2015-05-26

XDA:DevDB Information
    _Dennis_ROM, ROM for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S6

Contributors
    _Dennis_
    ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
    ROM Firmware Required: OE2

Version Information

Created 2015-05-26
    Last Updated 2015-06-15
    So, I'll be busy for a while. I'm getting ready for over half a year away from my family due to work. If anything major changes I'll try to update but I am going to be honest, I just tried the ROM by @edgarf28 (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3119968) and it has more options and is much more debloated then my ROM. I will probably use his as it has everything mine does, and more. It's a bit of a pain to set up (aroma sucks on flashfire) but it's easy to do if you can ignore the screen flashes while in the aroma script. Once in the ROM it's amazing. I may try to pick back up in a few months once I get settled in and stuff, but we usually work 13-14 hours a day so no promises.

I want to thank everyone for their support and encouragement it means a lot and once I'm back some time next year I'm sure I'll be doing some work on whatever phone I have at the time :)

Sent from my SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    Great rom. I agree with everything @skylinegtr116 said. Thanks Dennis

Thank you. I am glade people are enjoying it.

Beta 4 is posted, XDA froze, so it is on Mega again. Also put link to just SystemUI.apk in the FAQ.
    So these guys have made some great progress with the RAM management, I've tried it on a stock rom and it worked wonders. Will be flashing back to this rom though.

According to Reddit Post #80 has the most luck with values.
    I'll ask if I can use it in my ROM, but even if I can't I've applied them personally and am happy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    @_Dennis_, I don't think my problem is rom related. I've heard and read that the slowing down of the s6 is a common issue. For the past couple of days my phone has at times, slowed down substantially. The keyboard becomes very slow and so does opening apps. I've read that wiping cache can help but is there something else I can do that will have better results. FYI, I did take the latest ota before rooting and flashing any roms.

Is it mostly the keyboard? Try disabling the swipe options. That usually helps to me.

On a side note, I've implemented the RAM management hacks in build.prop. I'm going to do some more debloating (hopefully remove the Knox warning) and repackage the ROM tonight.
    @s6freak I probably won't get to a full S6 edge ROM, but I'll break out the SystemUI for you and you can just swap it into the deodexed ROM in the edge section. Should provide all the goodies.