• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

A conclusion you'd like to read.

Search This thread

Gawd

Jan 26, 2015
Here's something that I want to share with everyone out there, regardless of age, gender, region, fanboys of a particular OEM or anything.
If you don't like it, you can surely leave a comment or report this. So here I begin :-

1. for the love of GOD, stop pushing out larger phones.Some phones are over 6 inches, my small asian hands need 3 seconds to traverse from its end to end. We all want a sub 4.7 inch phone with good specs. Somewhat like Xperia compact, but practically useable. We need phones, not display units in the Olympic games.
2. Samsung should change its naming strategy. WTF is samsung grand, samsung grand prime, samsung grand max, samsung grand prime max, samsung grand prime max ultra pro, samsung grand prime max ultra pro mini, samsung grand prime max ultra pro mini kitchen sink windshield wiper??
3. Sony should sell off their mobile division also and go back to manufacturing cassette walkmans, (hint: they will be ip58, ip68, ip78, ip88, ip98, ip108, ip118, ip128 certified)
4. HTC is totally lost, they need to put some "SENSE" into themselves not their phones. And why not use Boomsound speakers while they think over at it.
5. LG is like a moon. Their market shares keep on fluctuating like the moon phases. Laser auto-focus my a$$.
6. Windows, well why not put curtains on them. Lame implementation. Denim?? seriously?? Cortana is nice, i admit it, but needs a shutload of bandwidth. She can suck my duck.
7. Xiaomi, heavy UI, very pretty, similarly useless. And how the duck do you pronounce it?? Shia-wait for it-oMi??
8. Apple, well an apple a day keeps the doctor away. After all the amount you pay them, you literally don't have any money to pay the doctor after selling your entire family's kidneys, duh..!! Might as well sell your brains in the process, wait iFans don't have any.
9. Motorola, moto e,g,x were well made. Poor mans nexus. Should stick to manufacturing police walkie talkies.
10. Lenovo, clunky, feels like using windows 95, hell maybe even windows 11th century if there is any such thing.
11. MicroMax, just wait untill i break one of your service center displays and windows and smilingly say "sorry sir, its not covered in warranty, have a good day", then you'll know how we customers feel.
12. Google, Nexus 6, people think why the hell am i holding a portable TV in my hand. Can't wait for your next 1023485479 inch phone which you would say is "surprisingly pocketable", well surprisingly "duck you".
13. Nokia, such nice, much stubborn, too fail. Amaze.

Hope you enjoyed it. I just wanted to share this.
I'm not supporting or disgracing any particular company, and in no way affiliated to any of them.
Just shared this for some fun. :v

BlackSoulxxx

Feb 19, 2014
Here's something that I want to share with everyone out there, regardless of age, gender, region, fanboys of a particular OEM or anything.
If you don't like it, you can surely leave a comment or report this. So here I begin :-

1. for the love of GOD, stop pushing out larger phones.Some phones are over 6 inches, my small asian hands need 3 seconds to traverse from its end to end. We all want a sub 4.7 inch phone with good specs. Somewhat like Xperia compact, but practically useable. We need phones, not display units in the Olympic games.
2. Samsung should change its naming strategy. WTF is samsung grand, samsung grand prime, samsung grand max, samsung grand prime max, samsung grand prime max ultra pro, samsung grand prime max ultra pro mini, samsung grand prime max ultra pro mini kitchen sink windshield wiper??
3. Sony should sell off their mobile division also and go back to manufacturing cassette walkmans, (hint: they will be ip58, ip68, ip78, ip88, ip98, ip108, ip118, ip128 certified)
4. HTC is totally lost, they need to put some "SENSE" into themselves not their phones. And why not use Boomsound speakers while they think over at it.
5. LG is like a moon. Their market shares keep on fluctuating like the moon phases. Laser auto-focus my a$$.
6. Windows, well why not put curtains on them. Lame implementation. Denim?? seriously?? Cortana is nice, i admit it, but needs a shutload of bandwidth. She can suck my duck.
7. Xiaomi, heavy UI, very pretty, similarly useless. And how the duck do you pronounce it?? Shia-wait for it-oMi??
8. Apple, well an apple a day keeps the doctor away. After all the amount you pay them, you literally don't have any money to pay the doctor after selling your entire family's kidneys, duh..!! Might as well sell your brains in the process, wait iFans don't have any.
9. Motorola, moto e,g,x were well made. Poor mans nexus. Should stick to manufacturing police walkie talkies.
10. Lenovo, clunky, feels like using windows 95, hell maybe even windows 11th century if there is any such thing.
11. MicroMax, just wait untill i break one of your service center displays and windows and smilingly say "sorry sir, its not covered in warranty, have a good day", then you'll know how we customers feel.
12. Google, Nexus 6, people think why the hell am i holding a portable TV in my hand. Can't wait for your next 1023485479 inch phone which you would say is "surprisingly pocketable", well surprisingly "duck you".

I'm not supporting or disgracing any particular company, and in no way affiliated to any of them.
Well that's hurt my brain but it's OK, your opinion...

Yottahertz

Jan 27, 2015
Although I kinda of agree with you I totally disagree regarding screen sizes. I absolutely hate sub-5 in phones. Yes my Nexus 4 can be an exception but I just hate flimsy and small phones like the Galaxy S Series phones. Maybe its because I am used to 8 to 11 inch screens but its a pain typing in portrait mode with N⁴ and its really comfortable to type on a 7 inch tablet. I am waiting for the day I can get a reasonably priced 6 or 7 inched phone with reasonable specs. So far there's is no good 6 or 7 in phone that has sub $400 price and everything that's below $300 have really crappy specs.

Sent from my Nexus 4

---------- Post added at 06:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 AM ----------

Although I kinda of agree with you I totally disagree regarding screen sizes. I absolutely hate sub-5 in phones. Yes my Nexus 4 can be an exception but I just hate flimsy and small phones like the Galaxy S Series phones. Maybe its because I am used to 8 to 11 inch screens but its a pain typing in portrait mode with N⁴ and its really comfortable to type on a 7 inch tablet. I am waiting for the day I can get a reasonably priced 6 or 7 inched phone with reasonable specs. So far there's is no good 6 or 7 in phone that has sub $400 price and everything that's below $300 have really crappy specs.

Sent from my Nexus 4

OMFG you know what? I did some research and I found something awesome !!!! Guess what? A Galaxy Mega 2 for $369!!!!! It has Snapdragon 410 which is 64-bit CPU!!!

Sent from my Nexus 4

ShadowLea

Dec 3, 2010
Enschede, The Netherlands
www.aquilasol.com
1. No. I will never buy anything below 5.7". Just like most of the 80 million Note users. I'm woman with size 6 hands, and I can use the device with one hand.

Proper market research has indicated that most users prefer larger screens.

2. Where have you been the last 8 months? They're doing exactly that, the system is being replaced by a few lineups with easier names.

You are not the ruler of the world. There are 7.3 billion people in this world. Don't presume you to have the right to decide what everyone else wants.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 Using Tapatalk

Gawd

Jan 26, 2015
Yeah, I agree. As it was something I just wanted to share, and you can leave your comments here. :)
Idk why people out there are so rude.. Including you. But it's absolutely okay to me. Thanks for reading it!

ShadowLea

Dec 3, 2010
Enschede, The Netherlands
www.aquilasol.com
Yeah, I agree. As it was something I just wanted to share, and you can leave your comments here. :)
Idk why people out there are so rude.. Including you. But it's absolutely okay to me. Thanks for reading it!

Because you were pretty hostile and demanding in your first post in this thread. It's all 'must' and 'should' and 'everyone'.

For instance, 'We all want a sub 4.7 inch phone with good specs.'. Clearly, 'we all' do not. The 5.1" S5 sold 10 million units in 25 days. The 5.7" Note 3 and 4 both sold 5 million units in the first two weeks.

You are proclaiming your opinion to be that of everyone, and people tend to react rather violently to being told what to think, particularly when they disagree.

XDA is also notorious for its lousy attitude towards those who post in Off Topic with less than 10 posts. Has to do with the rules.

Perhaps English is not your first language (From the looks of it, it isn't.), in which case you may not have intended it as such. However that is how it comes across to everyone else.

Gawd

Jan 26, 2015
Because you were pretty hostile and demanding in your first post in this thread. It's all 'must' and 'should' and 'everyone'.

For instance, 'We all want a sub 4.7 inch phone with good specs.'. Clearly, 'we all' do not. The 5.1" S5 sold 10 million units in 25 days. The 5.7" Note 3 and 4 both sold 5 million units in the first two weeks.

You are proclaiming your opinion to be that of everyone, and people tend to react rather violently to being told what to think, particularly when they disagree.

XDA is also notorious for its lousy attitude towards those who post in Off Topic with less than 10 posts. Has to do with the rules.

Perhaps English is not your first language (From the looks of it, it isn't.), in which case you may not have intended it as such. However that is how it comes across to everyone else.

Well, I'm not gonna argue with you or anyone here. I'm just happy about the reach of this thread.
And btw I'm a 15 year old, from India. :3

Jesse72

Sep 27, 2014
Well, I'm not gonna argue with you or anyone here. I'm just happy about the reach of this thread.
And btw I'm a 15 year old, from India. :3
Don't worry, you do make good points.
Some people just need to chillax *cough*ShadowLea*cough*

While your tone was strong, it just means you are passionate about your opinion, which is great.

I'll stop here before this becomes a flame war.

Bring forward relevant comments peoples

Last edited:

Gawd

Jan 26, 2015
Don't worry, you do make good points.
Some people just need to chillax *cough*ShadowLea*cough*

While your tone was strong, it just means you are passionate about your opinion, which is great.

I'll stop here before this becomes a flame war.

Bring forward relevant comments peoples

I really like the way you think. Cheers!

Maynard100

Jan 20, 2015

Good comments. How about one plus one?

Gawd

Jan 26, 2015
Good comments. How about one plus one?
It's a true monster. I'd ordered mine a few days ago, and just can't wait for it. ^~^ However, it won't receive OTAs of CyanogenMod in India because of the f*cking Micromax. >.<
It's still a good buy.

Maynard100

Jan 20, 2015
It's a true monster. I'd ordered mine a few days ago, and just can't wait for it. ^~^ However, it won't receive OTAs of CyanogenMod in India because of the f*cking Micromax. >.<
It's still a good buy.

No wonder you did not include OPO because you like it. As for OTA, this is not an issue because you can always flash.

We are flash-holic.

Gawd

Jan 26, 2015
No wonder you did not include OPO because you like it. As for OTA, this is not an issue because you can always flash.

We are flash-holic.

Do you own an OPO? And if you do, have you flashed CM 12 Nightly? I'm waiting for a stable version. But I guess they will provide us with their Oxygen ROM soon. :D

Moreover, rooting and unlocking the bootloader doesn't void the warranty!

Last edited:

Maynard100

Jan 20, 2015
Do you own an OPO? And if you do, have you flashed CM 12 Nightly? I'm waiting for a stable version. But I guess they will provide us with their Oxygen ROM soon. :D

Moreover, rooting and unlocking the bootloader doesn't void the warranty!

Yes I have an OPO since Sep 2013 and Im using SlimLP. I also occasionally flash CM12.

Maynard100

Jan 20, 2015
Hope it doesn't have that Yellow tint issue, and some people are also reporting that their phone crashes and hangs. I don't want my device to be pathetic. I've been waiting since long.

The new batches don't have the yellow anymore. As for the crashes and hangs, you can avoid this by choosing a stable ROM. As for CM, so far so good but I still prefer other ROM though.

Gawd

Jan 26, 2015
The new batches don't have the yellow anymore. As for the crashes and hangs, you can avoid this by choosing a stable ROM. As for CM, so far so good but I still prefer other ROM though.

I got my OnePlus yesterday, and I have to say that it is a true beast. It doesn't crash, and doesn't have any yellow tint. I get approx. 1.8-2 GB RAM free on heavy usage. It doesn't heat up. And I love CM as always.
I have one word for it - "Superb"