A Guide to Windows Mobile 6.5

Search This thread

joel2009

Retired Senior Moderator
Oct 9, 2007
Oklahoma
Windows Mobile 6.5

wm65.png

I am dedicating this thread to tips and tweaks for the newest era of Windows Mobile, version 6.5. I will be updating it everyonce in awhile with my findings, if you have something to share please feel free to post it as well.

QUICK LINKS TO THE CONTENT OF THIS THREAD:

New MS Services:
Myphone
Tag Reader
Reader
Market
Facebook

cHome:
Themes and theme tutorials
How to create a Titaniam theme

ScrollBars
Moving the "lock" slider (with brief cpr tutorial, thanks drkfngthdragnlrd)
Changing the Lock Slider Text (without editing dll's)
Auto Device Lock
Menus

► Original CPR's and PNG's [QVGA here] ◄
► Shellresapps.dll here

Phone:
Always slide to answer

Startmenu:
WKtask on WM6.5
Enable Honeycomb
reStart (change icons and reorder startmenu)

Free Tools:
Total Commander (Registry editor and advanced "file explorer")
cHome Editor by Showacco
WinMerge (for file merging and comparison)
Titanium CPR Helper
Program to change Start Menu Icons Here

PS: I'm adding cab files for each hack to each post. If things look to difficult or you just aren't feeling adventurous, just hit the easy button in the bottom right corner.

Last edited:

cyanide911

Jun 28, 2009
Can anyone answer this? I posted before too.
Okay, this is regarding 6.5.1. I installed Opera Mini 5 in JBed. But I dont know it's some glitch, or because of the OS, the text is very large. The menus, titlebar, etc. I have to set OM's font size to 'Very Small' and even that only fixes the in-page text, not the text in the application.

I've got some screenshots here:

operamini5.png

om52.png

as opposed to what it should look like:
OperaMini5-1.jpg

Highrider2000

Oct 13, 2009
I have a HTC Imagio, I use gmail through MS exchange. I have noticed natively created .pdf or .jpg images, do not have any problem in opening when received as email attachment. However if the pdf or jpg image is a scanned image saved as .pdf file, I can not open the attachment either with outlook interface or with native gmail on mobile browser. Is there a fix for this. This is very important to me since I receive fax sent as .pdf image through email. I was able to open the same attachments in iPod Touch without any problem, but not on my Win mo device. Thanks.

joel2009

Retired Senior Moderator
Oct 9, 2007
Oklahoma
i think timmy's cleanup broke a few links, i fixed them and added a new tutorial provided by another user (over changing lock slider text without editing any dlls) to post one

mariodt

Jun 11, 2008
office

i've already install wm6.5 on my himalaya. But i cann't find ms office. Is it wm 6.5 doesn't have ms office. Where can i download for it?
Thanks

billa vimal

Mar 6, 2009
Chennai
Hey ppl.. one query from me..

when we receive a file via bluetooth, the file is getting saved in the device memory. Any way in which i can receive the files directly to the memory card...? i was using hc_inbox software for this purpose on WM 6.1.. but it is not working on 6.5.. i hope many have this problem. it would be helpful if someone can share their thoughts on this...

Thanks!

walletless

Sep 14, 2007
San Jose, CA
I am using a COM3 cooked rom on my Raphael phone. The ROM is not UC-enabled, so I am thinking of making a CAB file using MakeCab for restoring my settings when a newer build is released. Can someone please help me with finding where in the registry the following are stored:

1) The minutes for backlight off and phone off (Start -> Settings -> System -> Power -> Advanced: All 4 options)
2) Button assignment for hard device keys (Start -> Settings -> Personal -> Buttons)
3) Enable "Show all files" option from File Explorer (Open file explorer, then click Menu -> Show All Files)
4) Email Signature (I don't like the default ones)
5) Any way to move "My Documents" to storage card?
6) Under Email options, I want to check the option "When availabe, use this storage card to store attachments)
7) Background Image
8) Remove "Getting Started" from the home titanium panel
9) Incoming Phone Ring Tone
10) Set "Vibrate and ring" for incoming phone calls
11) Remove the "Fash light for x minutes" options from Sound & Notifications for "Phone: Missed Calls" and "Reminders" event (Start -> Settings -> Sounds & Notifications).

I hope this is the right thread for asking such questions..

[email protected]

Apr 15, 2007
Lock Screen

What a great stuff.

Moving the lock slider is so basic I just can't understand how Microsoft didn't see the need...

Did someone manage to add more meetings to the lock screen?

mancsoulja

Sep 10, 2008
Gunchester
Can anyone help me!! when i use wm 6.5 on my touch pro, if i go from portrait to landscape and then back to portrait the start menu goes all streched and weird like its nt switched bk proply, how can i stop this? does anyone know?? is there a fix?

thanx :)

ichbindasauge

Apr 14, 2008
Show appointments

Is there a way to show the next few appointments on titanium instead the word "appointments" (when it's not selected)? Could Chome Editor help me? What other alternatives do I have to have a home screen to do that?
Thanks!

noveske

Dec 27, 2009
Sorry, as I'm a bit new to this, but can anyone tell me how to change the "X" in the upper right hand corner so that the programs are closed when the "X" is tapped as opposed to just being minimized? Thanks.

ALDAS

Nov 18, 2009
I found how to edit this text WITHOUT modifying Shellresapps.dll ;)

In Ls_LockScene_480x800.cpr (adapt to your resolution) :

In
Code:
    <Text ID="SlideToUnlock" Top="90" Width="480" Height="34" FontFamily="Tahoma" FontSize="9" Wrap="False" HorizontalAlignment="Center" VerticalAlignment="Middle" InnerTextType="Resource" Text="shellresapps.dll,18149">

Replace "Resource" by "Literal" and Text="shellresapps.dll,18150" by Text="Slide me if you dare !" (or whatever you want to be displayed here) !

Same for the "TapOrSlide" section ;)

Hi, I have used this trick on my HD2 and does not work, I could explain why??. Thanks and regards

justlearning

Nov 5, 2009
Hi ! I hope someone can help me with this..
I have set up my wifi network with WPA2 security. There are two routers (Netgear N). One serves as the main DHCP server connected to the net and the other one is a wired gateway, with the same SSID, Channel etc.
My HTC TP2 (WM6.5) connects fine to the network on wifi. However it takes a long time to connect. By the time the connection is gets established the data connection starts up and the mails etc. get received through that.
I used WEP earlier and did not face this issue with that. I think it may have something to do with PMKCache settings. But I can't find those in the 6.5 registry.
Any suggestions will be very welcome.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Moving the Chromium Lock Slider

Most of the Hacks for Titanium will come from the ".cpr" files found in the windows directory. Cpr files are simply xml files (and to edit them you will simply need to rename them to .xml, use an .xml editor, and then rename them back to .cpr) ....or you can of course just use the "right-click open as" and open them with word pad, microsoft xml editor, ect.

In Quote from drkfngthdragnlrd,

All .cpr's are the skin layout controllers for the respective parts of WinMo 6.5. The Start Manu, Titanium, Lockscreen, Incoming Calls, anything that has a CPR is all part of CHome. All all this stuff is is just a basic shell. WinMo 6.5 otherwise isn't anything new. It's safe to say if you find all the files and regiy it can be ported into 6.1 or even 6.0 as CHome first appeared in 6.0 on the T-Mobile Shadow as Neo.

If you want to make things simple You can grab the attachment to this post and copy paste it into your Windows Directory on your ppc.

.....but if you prefer to get down and dirty, everything is explained below:

If you want a more full synopsis on cpr files before we start you can find it here.

In this specific Tweak you will want to find the CPR file named LS_LockScene[your resolution here].cpr Once you have it in your XML Editor you will want to find these Keys:

Code:
    <Slider ID="LockSlider" Top="3" Left="24" Width="192" Height="40" Orientation="Middle" OnPress="ShowNotifications" OnSlideLeftFinal="Unlock" OnSlideRightFinal="Unlock" >

<Text ID="TapOrSlide" Top="45" Left="90" Width="60" Height="12" FontFamily="Tahoma" FontSize="9" Wrap="False" HorizontalAlignment="Center" VerticalAlignment="Middle" InnerTextType="Resource" Text="shellresapps.dll,18150">

<Text ID="SlideToUnlock" Top="45" Left="90" Width="60" Height="12" FontFamily="Tahoma" FontSize="9" Wrap="False" HorizontalAlignment="Center" VerticalAlignment="Middle" InnerTextType="Resource" Text="shellresapps.dll,18149">

<LockScreenListView ID="Notifications List" Top="51" Left="9" Width="222" Height="235" Columns="1" Rows="4" ItemWidth="222" ItemHeight="46" OnInitComplete="Binding:LockScreen,LS_Notifications">

These are not the slider itself but will be in the way of where you are trying to move the slider and will need to also be moved:

Code:
    <LockScreenListView ID="Notifications List" Top="51" Left="9" Width="222" Height="235" Columns="1" Rows="4" ItemWidth="222" ItemHeight="46" OnInitComplete="Binding:LockScreen,LS_Notifications">

<Text ID="DateText" Left="150" Top="17" Width="90" Height="19" FontFamily="Tahoma" FontSize="11" FontStyle="Regular" Wrap="False" HorizontalAlignment="Left" VerticalAlignment="Middle" Opacity="1.0" >

<Layer ID="Appointment" Left="5" Top="50"  OnInitComplete="Binding:LockScreen,LS_Appointment">
            <Image Width="37" Height="32" Visible="True" Opacity="1.0" ScalingAlgorithm = "TriLinear" Source="\windows\icn_cal_up.png"/>
            <Text ID="Subject" Left="40" Width="180" Height="17" FontFamily="Tahoma" FontSize="10" FontStyle="Bold"  Wrap="False" HorizontalAlignment="Left" VerticalAlignment="Middle" Trimming="EllipsisCharacter" Opacity="1.0" >
              <TextStage TextOffsetType="TextOffsetDropBottomRight" Color="#00000000" TextOffset="1" BlurFactor="3" Alpha="1.0"/>
              <TextStage TextOffsetType="TextOffsetNone" Color="#FFFFFFFF"/>
            </Text>
            <Text ID="Time" Left="40" Top="18" Width="180" Height="15" FontFamily="Tahoma" FontSize="8" FontStyle="Regular"  Wrap="False" HorizontalAlignment="Left" VerticalAlignment="Middle" Opacity="1.0" >
              <TextStage TextOffsetType="TextOffsetDropBottomRight" Color="#00000000" TextOffset="1" BlurFactor="3" Alpha="1.0"/>
            </Text>
            <Text ID="Location" Left="40" Top="34" Width="180" Height="15" FontFamily="Tahoma" FontSize="8" FontStyle="Regular"  Wrap="False" HorizontalAlignment="Left" VerticalAlignment="Middle" Trimming="EllipsisCharacter" Opacity="1.0" >
            </Text>

For a QVGA Device you will want to change them to this (to have my set-up):

Code:
    <Slider ID="LockSlider" Top="250" Left="24" Width="192" Height="40" Orientation="Middle" OnPress="ShowNotifications" OnSlideLeftFinal="Unlock" OnSlideRightFinal="Unlock" >

<Text ID="TapOrSlide" Top="234" Left="90" Width="60" Height="16" FontFamily="Tahoma" FontSize="9" Wrap="False" HorizontalAlignment="Center" VerticalAlignment="Middle" InnerTextType="Resource" Text="shellresapps.dll,18150">

<Text ID="SlideToUnlock" Top="234" Left="90" Width="60" Height="16" FontFamily="Tahoma" FontSize="9" Wrap="False" HorizontalAlignment="Center" VerticalAlignment="Middle" InnerTextType="Resource" Text="shellresapps.dll,18149">

<LockScreenListView ID="Notifications List" Top="188" Left="9" Width="222" Height="235" Columns="1" Rows="4" ItemWidth="222" ItemHeight="46" OnInitComplete="Binding:LockScreen,LS_Notifications">

<Layer ID="TimeX" Top="3">
          <Image ID="TimeBG" Width="240" Height="52" Visible="True" Opacity="1.0" ScalingAlgorithm = "TriLinear" Source="\windows\LS_TimeBG.png"/>

<Text ID="DateText" Left="150" Top="17" Width="90" Height="19" FontFamily="Tahoma" FontSize="10" FontStyle="Regular" Wrap="False" HorizontalAlignment="Left" VerticalAlignment="Middle" Opacity="1.0" >

<Layer ID="AppointmentX" Left="29" Top="57">
          <Layer ID="Appointment">
            <ActiveIcon ID="Display Appointment" OnInitComplete="Binding:LockScreen,LS_Appointment">
              <Image Width="32" Height="32" Visible="True" Opacity="1.0" ScalingAlgorithm = "TriLinear" Source="\windows\icn_cal_up.png"/>
              <Text ID="Subject" Left="34" Top="2" Width="150" Height="17" FontFamily="Tahoma" FontSize="10" FontStyle="Regular"  Wrap="False" HorizontalAlignment="Left" VerticalAlignment="Middle" Trimming="EllipsisCharacter" Opacity="1.0" >
              </Text>
              <Text ID="Time" Left="34" Top="34" Width="150" Height="15" FontFamily="Tahoma" FontSize="8" FontStyle="Regular"  Wrap="False" HorizontalAlignment="Left" VerticalAlignment="Middle" Trimming="EllipsisCharacter" Opacity="1.0" >
              </Text>
              <Text ID="Location" Left="34" Top="20" Width="150" Height="15" FontFamily="Tahoma" FontSize="8" FontStyle="Regular"  Wrap="False" HorizontalAlignment="Left" VerticalAlignment="Middle" Trimming="EllipsisCharacter" Opacity="1.0" >
              </Text>
            </ActiveIcon>

If you would like to change the slider to be located to the left (like s2u) you can change the orentaion of it like this:

Code:
    <Slider ID="LockSlider" Top="3" Left="5" Width="192" Height="40" Orientation="Left" OnPress="ShowNotifications" OnSlideRightFinal="Unlock" >

For info on editing the lock slider text go here.

If you would like to take a look at mine (or just use it and copy it to your device) you can get it from the attachment to this post. A great tool for comparing or merging with you existing changes is WinMerge, see post one for a link.

WARNING: My file is for QVGA Devices.
    For VGA, try johnrb's VGA version here.
    Only if it's installed I guess. This is how to disable it. Anryl's ROM has it install and turned on by default.

That's good news. I've been looking for a way to enable it in the first place on 6.5. It doesn't work at all on 21500.
    i've already install wm6.5 on my himalaya. But i cann't find ms office. Is it wm 6.5 doesn't have ms office. Where can i download for it?
    Thanks
    Office 2007 Mobile in Storage Card:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=421366