A Guide to Windows Mobile 6.5

Search This thread

joel2009

Retired Senior Moderator
Oct 9, 2007
Oklahoma
Windows Mobile 6.5

wm65.png

I am dedicating this thread to tips and tweaks for the newest era of Windows Mobile, version 6.5. I will be updating it everyonce in awhile with my findings, if you have something to share please feel free to post it as well.

QUICK LINKS TO THE CONTENT OF THIS THREAD:

New MS Services:
Myphone
Tag Reader
Reader
Market
Facebook

cHome:
Themes and theme tutorials
How to create a Titaniam theme

ScrollBars
Moving the "lock" slider (with brief cpr tutorial, thanks drkfngthdragnlrd)
Changing the Lock Slider Text (without editing dll's)
Auto Device Lock
Menus

► Original CPR's and PNG's [QVGA here] ◄
► Shellresapps.dll here

Phone:
Always slide to answer

Startmenu:
WKtask on WM6.5
Enable Honeycomb
reStart (change icons and reorder startmenu)

Free Tools:
Total Commander (Registry editor and advanced "file explorer")
cHome Editor by Showacco
WinMerge (for file merging and comparison)
Titanium CPR Helper
Program to change Start Menu Icons Here

PS: I'm adding cab files for each hack to each post. If things look to difficult or you just aren't feeling adventurous, just hit the easy button in the bottom right corner.

Last edited:

Maxxd01

Jul 19, 2008
Installed .cab and soft reseted but no icon.

AutoDeviceLockEnable no exists.

What should I do ?

Lock Your device automatically with screen off.

Putting a configurator in your settings:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=3629327&postcount=16

The registry key to enable it manually:

HKCU\ControlPanel\BackLight\AutoDeviceLockEnable-----------> set to 1.

Here is the original thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=499382&page=1

Found a Program that lets you control the lock settings more easilly, just hit the EASY BUTTON.

shobe2k10

Jan 9, 2010
resurect O2 XDA II

Help! Help! I've ugraded my ROM to Windows Mobile 6.5 Pro Build 21169.5.0.0 R3
application said upgrading is successful but after i've pressed the reboot buttons, my deviced went blank and did not respond anymore. I've tried pressing it to reboot four times but no response... i've even reconnected it to its cradle but even the power doesn't respond anymore... Could anybody please help me restore my device?.... badly need it... :(:(:(
Many tanx to all the people administering this forum!!!

josepinilla

Sep 8, 2009
always takes me to today screen

Problem solved:
Talking about that autolockscreen

Everytime my phone goes to stand by and I turn the screen back on and unlock it, it shows today screen, and i want it to show the last window or program I was using.

For example using G-remote, I'm using the app and I leave it for a while.. the phone locks automatically and goes to stand by after a programmed time, so when I unlock it I have to open G-remote again from the taskbar.

But, if I lock the screen manually (start menu->lock) this doesn't happen even if I make it go to stand by (by pressing the power button) after I lock it manually.

It only happens if I let it or make it go to stand by without locking it before.

Is this a WM 6.5 lockscreen bug or what? because even if i set the today timeout for a really long time, or just disable it, it keeps happening.

Please help me...

I fixed the problem by installing the smart lock 2.0F
then disabling the autodevicelockenable (0)

Last edited:

WaltA

Nov 26, 2008
Change double spaced menus/windows back to single spaced?

I just switched from using 6.1 for years to 6.5.3. ;)

One of the things that changed, that I would like to change back, is the double spacing in menus and windows. For example, in File Explorer, there is now a large gap now between each file name listed. I assume to allow "fat finger room" when selecting a filename by hand instead of by stylus. However, having more file names listed per screen is more important to me than "fat finger room".

Does anyone know the registry hack to go back to single spacing?

BTW, I know it can be done. I was playing around with themes, loaded a 6.1 theme, and I had single spacing. However, I ended up having to remove that theme because it caused unrelated problems (the icons in the lower taskbar turned into garbage :eek: ).

dakshesh.b85

Feb 15, 2011
Mumbai
Enabling Auto Save of BT received file to Staorage Card

Hi Guys,

Please help me to enable save large file(more that free Phone mem) automaticaly to Staorage Card.

Background: ASus M20, WM 6.5.1
Issue: Unbale to receive files larger that Free Phone Memeory size.

Coding knowledge: Average.

Also teach me how free Phone Memory.
Phone Memory:75MB (12 Free, 63 used)
Programe Mem:181MB(100 Free,80 used)
total size: 256MB

Bart-NL

Apr 5, 2011
Can anyone in here help me find a more recent Windows Mobile 6.5.x-ROM for my 'HTC Tytn II' / 'Kaiser'? I've tried Bhar's ROM, but the unlock-slider doesn't allways work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Moving the Chromium Lock Slider

Most of the Hacks for Titanium will come from the ".cpr" files found in the windows directory. Cpr files are simply xml files (and to edit them you will simply need to rename them to .xml, use an .xml editor, and then rename them back to .cpr) ....or you can of course just use the "right-click open as" and open them with word pad, microsoft xml editor, ect.

In Quote from drkfngthdragnlrd,

All .cpr's are the skin layout controllers for the respective parts of WinMo 6.5. The Start Manu, Titanium, Lockscreen, Incoming Calls, anything that has a CPR is all part of CHome. All all this stuff is is just a basic shell. WinMo 6.5 otherwise isn't anything new. It's safe to say if you find all the files and regiy it can be ported into 6.1 or even 6.0 as CHome first appeared in 6.0 on the T-Mobile Shadow as Neo.

If you want to make things simple You can grab the attachment to this post and copy paste it into your Windows Directory on your ppc.

.....but if you prefer to get down and dirty, everything is explained below:

If you want a more full synopsis on cpr files before we start you can find it here.

In this specific Tweak you will want to find the CPR file named LS_LockScene[your resolution here].cpr Once you have it in your XML Editor you will want to find these Keys:

Code:
    <Slider ID="LockSlider" Top="3" Left="24" Width="192" Height="40" Orientation="Middle" OnPress="ShowNotifications" OnSlideLeftFinal="Unlock" OnSlideRightFinal="Unlock" >

<Text ID="TapOrSlide" Top="45" Left="90" Width="60" Height="12" FontFamily="Tahoma" FontSize="9" Wrap="False" HorizontalAlignment="Center" VerticalAlignment="Middle" InnerTextType="Resource" Text="shellresapps.dll,18150">

<Text ID="SlideToUnlock" Top="45" Left="90" Width="60" Height="12" FontFamily="Tahoma" FontSize="9" Wrap="False" HorizontalAlignment="Center" VerticalAlignment="Middle" InnerTextType="Resource" Text="shellresapps.dll,18149">

<LockScreenListView ID="Notifications List" Top="51" Left="9" Width="222" Height="235" Columns="1" Rows="4" ItemWidth="222" ItemHeight="46" OnInitComplete="Binding:LockScreen,LS_Notifications">

These are not the slider itself but will be in the way of where you are trying to move the slider and will need to also be moved:

Code:
    <LockScreenListView ID="Notifications List" Top="51" Left="9" Width="222" Height="235" Columns="1" Rows="4" ItemWidth="222" ItemHeight="46" OnInitComplete="Binding:LockScreen,LS_Notifications">

<Text ID="DateText" Left="150" Top="17" Width="90" Height="19" FontFamily="Tahoma" FontSize="11" FontStyle="Regular" Wrap="False" HorizontalAlignment="Left" VerticalAlignment="Middle" Opacity="1.0" >

<Layer ID="Appointment" Left="5" Top="50"  OnInitComplete="Binding:LockScreen,LS_Appointment">
            <Image Width="37" Height="32" Visible="True" Opacity="1.0" ScalingAlgorithm = "TriLinear" Source="\windows\icn_cal_up.png"/>
            <Text ID="Subject" Left="40" Width="180" Height="17" FontFamily="Tahoma" FontSize="10" FontStyle="Bold"  Wrap="False" HorizontalAlignment="Left" VerticalAlignment="Middle" Trimming="EllipsisCharacter" Opacity="1.0" >
              <TextStage TextOffsetType="TextOffsetDropBottomRight" Color="#00000000" TextOffset="1" BlurFactor="3" Alpha="1.0"/>
              <TextStage TextOffsetType="TextOffsetNone" Color="#FFFFFFFF"/>
            </Text>
            <Text ID="Time" Left="40" Top="18" Width="180" Height="15" FontFamily="Tahoma" FontSize="8" FontStyle="Regular"  Wrap="False" HorizontalAlignment="Left" VerticalAlignment="Middle" Opacity="1.0" >
              <TextStage TextOffsetType="TextOffsetDropBottomRight" Color="#00000000" TextOffset="1" BlurFactor="3" Alpha="1.0"/>
            </Text>
            <Text ID="Location" Left="40" Top="34" Width="180" Height="15" FontFamily="Tahoma" FontSize="8" FontStyle="Regular"  Wrap="False" HorizontalAlignment="Left" VerticalAlignment="Middle" Trimming="EllipsisCharacter" Opacity="1.0" >
            </Text>

For a QVGA Device you will want to change them to this (to have my set-up):

Code:
    <Slider ID="LockSlider" Top="250" Left="24" Width="192" Height="40" Orientation="Middle" OnPress="ShowNotifications" OnSlideLeftFinal="Unlock" OnSlideRightFinal="Unlock" >

<Text ID="TapOrSlide" Top="234" Left="90" Width="60" Height="16" FontFamily="Tahoma" FontSize="9" Wrap="False" HorizontalAlignment="Center" VerticalAlignment="Middle" InnerTextType="Resource" Text="shellresapps.dll,18150">

<Text ID="SlideToUnlock" Top="234" Left="90" Width="60" Height="16" FontFamily="Tahoma" FontSize="9" Wrap="False" HorizontalAlignment="Center" VerticalAlignment="Middle" InnerTextType="Resource" Text="shellresapps.dll,18149">

<LockScreenListView ID="Notifications List" Top="188" Left="9" Width="222" Height="235" Columns="1" Rows="4" ItemWidth="222" ItemHeight="46" OnInitComplete="Binding:LockScreen,LS_Notifications">

<Layer ID="TimeX" Top="3">
          <Image ID="TimeBG" Width="240" Height="52" Visible="True" Opacity="1.0" ScalingAlgorithm = "TriLinear" Source="\windows\LS_TimeBG.png"/>

<Text ID="DateText" Left="150" Top="17" Width="90" Height="19" FontFamily="Tahoma" FontSize="10" FontStyle="Regular" Wrap="False" HorizontalAlignment="Left" VerticalAlignment="Middle" Opacity="1.0" >

<Layer ID="AppointmentX" Left="29" Top="57">
          <Layer ID="Appointment">
            <ActiveIcon ID="Display Appointment" OnInitComplete="Binding:LockScreen,LS_Appointment">
              <Image Width="32" Height="32" Visible="True" Opacity="1.0" ScalingAlgorithm = "TriLinear" Source="\windows\icn_cal_up.png"/>
              <Text ID="Subject" Left="34" Top="2" Width="150" Height="17" FontFamily="Tahoma" FontSize="10" FontStyle="Regular"  Wrap="False" HorizontalAlignment="Left" VerticalAlignment="Middle" Trimming="EllipsisCharacter" Opacity="1.0" >
              </Text>
              <Text ID="Time" Left="34" Top="34" Width="150" Height="15" FontFamily="Tahoma" FontSize="8" FontStyle="Regular"  Wrap="False" HorizontalAlignment="Left" VerticalAlignment="Middle" Trimming="EllipsisCharacter" Opacity="1.0" >
              </Text>
              <Text ID="Location" Left="34" Top="20" Width="150" Height="15" FontFamily="Tahoma" FontSize="8" FontStyle="Regular"  Wrap="False" HorizontalAlignment="Left" VerticalAlignment="Middle" Trimming="EllipsisCharacter" Opacity="1.0" >
              </Text>
            </ActiveIcon>

If you would like to change the slider to be located to the left (like s2u) you can change the orentaion of it like this:

Code:
    <Slider ID="LockSlider" Top="3" Left="5" Width="192" Height="40" Orientation="Left" OnPress="ShowNotifications" OnSlideRightFinal="Unlock" >

For info on editing the lock slider text go here.

If you would like to take a look at mine (or just use it and copy it to your device) you can get it from the attachment to this post. A great tool for comparing or merging with you existing changes is WinMerge, see post one for a link.

WARNING: My file is for QVGA Devices.
    For VGA, try johnrb's VGA version here.
    Only if it's installed I guess. This is how to disable it. Anryl's ROM has it install and turned on by default.

That's good news. I've been looking for a way to enable it in the first place on 6.5. It doesn't work at all on 21500.
    i've already install wm6.5 on my himalaya. But i cann't find ms office. Is it wm 6.5 doesn't have ms office. Where can i download for it?
    Thanks
    Office 2007 Mobile in Storage Card:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=421366