A Guide to Windows Mobile 6.5

Search This thread

joel2009

Retired Senior Moderator
Oct 9, 2007
Oklahoma
Windows Mobile 6.5

wm65.png

I am dedicating this thread to tips and tweaks for the newest era of Windows Mobile, version 6.5. I will be updating it everyonce in awhile with my findings, if you have something to share please feel free to post it as well.

QUICK LINKS TO THE CONTENT OF THIS THREAD:

New MS Services:
Myphone
Tag Reader
Reader
Market
Facebook

cHome:
Themes and theme tutorials
How to create a Titaniam theme

ScrollBars
Moving the "lock" slider (with brief cpr tutorial, thanks drkfngthdragnlrd)
Changing the Lock Slider Text (without editing dll's)
Auto Device Lock
Menus

► Original CPR's and PNG's [QVGA here] ◄
► Shellresapps.dll here

Phone:
Always slide to answer

Startmenu:
WKtask on WM6.5
Enable Honeycomb
reStart (change icons and reorder startmenu)

Free Tools:
Total Commander (Registry editor and advanced "file explorer")
cHome Editor by Showacco
WinMerge (for file merging and comparison)
Titanium CPR Helper
Program to change Start Menu Icons Here

PS: I'm adding cab files for each hack to each post. If things look to difficult or you just aren't feeling adventurous, just hit the easy button in the bottom right corner.

Last edited:

furry

Jul 29, 2008
I want to know how to skin or change the color of the scrollbars. The first post has a link to scrollbars but it loops you back to the same page so there is no info. I have looked all over, what do I edit, image file, registry edit or windows file????

Attachments

• cap.jpg
    cap.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 55

radzish

Oct 31, 2007
And another update for those who's interested:
After investigation I've come to the conclusion that this totally can be managed by themes, i.e.: theme can define images used for skinning items as well as it defines margins and gaps in registry

WarByte

Jul 1, 2009
Atlantis
Layers

I solved the issue by adjusting some values with the following CPR file:

LS_LockScene_240x320.cpr

Which is located in the following source directory:

Sources\SYS\23034\LockscreenNonEA

Note: Directory will be slightly different if you are using a different build of WM 6.5. File name resolution will be different if you are using a PPC with a different screen resolution.

Within that file one needs to find the following row and replace the TOP value by a different value depending on whether you want to move ALL the notification icons (SMS/Phone/Voicemail/Missed Call) up or down). The top value applies to the icon that goes at the very top. I changed the value to 25 and that worked for me.

<LockScreenListView ID="Notifications List" Top="25" Left="9" Width="222" Height="235" Columns="1" Rows="4" ItemWidth="222" ItemHeight="46".....

Hope this helps others with similar issues.

You're right, that's how that works, so I'm just gonna add a bit more info if anyone needs it:

The build I am using is 21725, so for those using that build there is no need to move unless you wanna customize my .cpr

The .cpr is basically an xml file, there are a few important elements:

Slider ID="LockSlider"
Text ID="TapOrSlide"
Text ID="SlideToUnlock"
This is the slider thing and the text that appears over it. Change Top, Left, Width and Height to customize.

LockScreenListView ID="Notifications List"
The big block with all notifications. Change Top, Left, Width and Height to customize. Be careful not to overlap this with your appointments. More on this later.

Layer ID="TimeX"
Layer ID="AppointmentX"
This is your clock and your appointments area. Change Top, Left, Width and Height to customize.

Alright, if you are using the default wm .cpr then TimeX and AppointmentX do not exist, instead they are a big Layer (Layer ID="TimeAppointment") which causes the automatic hiding of the appointments area and therefore you don't need to worry about overlapping, if you change the default .cpr you might end up with a clock ALWAYS showing the appointments graphics.
If you are using the one in my cab then please worry about overlapping since the graphics are not hidden but placed where I found them graphically appealing (to my personal needs) instead.

Does anybody know a way to prevent the phone from going into standby mode after every call? I am sure it is just a matter of editing a registry entry, but I do not know which. I have tried editing the UnattendedModeTimer, but it did not work after a soft reset. This file can be found in the following:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\OEM\PhoneSetting

Any help would be appreciated. I am unable to wake-up my device by pressing the power button due to a severe physical disability.

If this is not possible, is there anyone that could create an app that would ask if you want the phone to go to standby?

FTC

Sep 16, 2007
...last week I upgraded my MDA compact V (T-Mobile Germany) from
WM6.1 to WM6.5 using the official T-Mobile ROM. There are some bugs
I could not figure out how to resolve and I hope to get some hints..

1. Battery Information: The Battery Information doesn't show any more
the elapsed time since the last full charge.

2. Sounds and Signals: The time for the flashing LED for incoming messages
is fixed at 5 minutes and can't be changed.

3. I am using ThumbCal for my calendar. Since the upgrade, it doesn't take
or store any new schedules or activities. However I found them stored
in the HTCcalendar.

FTC

Edit: Problem #2 has been solved

Last edited:

FloatingFatMan

Apr 20, 2005
Hmm.. Only just found this thread. Aside from all the people asking how to upgrade to 6.5 and taking the thread off topic, a very informative source for editing the CPR's, but I've come across a problem.

It seems that newer versions of CHome/Titanium support panel types that older versions don't. This causes panels to either not appear at all (CWeather is one of them), or in the case of that Hero Titanium theme, the Lockscreen just reverts to the old 6.1 one.

Clearly, I can't get an older version of CHome to use these new paneltypes, such as LockScreenPaneView, so is there any way I can update the version of CHome in my device ROM? I can't upgrade the ROM to a newer build of WM6.5 unfortunately, as there aren't any for this device.

An updated guide as to what builds support what panels would be really good, but I've been searching for such information and can't find it anywhere. Hell, it took me ages to find THIS thread! :(

giacomarko

Oct 23, 2009
wm6.5 owner disappear

Hi all, do someone of you know where can I found owner icon ? :(

it's necessary to several apps (g-alarm.. resco explorer..) because such apps need user ID to get activated

thanks a lot, cheers

cheetahbadri

Oct 23, 2009
Help plsssssssssss

actually iam havin windows 6.5 .Now in that my ram memory always goes to 76 - 80 and only 10mb left as free memory .................. can any body tell how to free more space???? also wen i was using windows 6.0 i was having nearly 25 mb as free memory(56% ram usage)............ can any one tell me????????????...................

rareness4

Dodadadoo! Ok I now have a tweaked LockScreen CPR for VGA devices that improves usability dramatically. Here you go!
Just UnZip and move to the Windows folder with TotalCommander!

First I want to say thanks, this worked, but the problem I have is that it seemed to have moved over the Time (year is cut off) and the appointment is suppose to be starting from the left. So it looks like it shifted (pic at the left below), I want it to look like how it was before the switch from TAEL's ROM (link on the right). How do I go about doing that exactly? Thanks again.

2lic80p.jpg
Correct Way

cyanide911

Jun 28, 2009
Okay, this is regarding 6.5.1. I installed Opera Mini 5 in JBed. But I dont know it's some glitch, or because of the OS, the text is very large. The menus, titlebar, etc. I have to set OM's font size to 'Very Small' and even that only fixes the in-page text, not the text in the application.
How do I fix this?

UKenGB

Jan 23, 2007
Weather cities

Even in HTC Sense these are somewhat lacking. Is there an easy way to add your own? Is it the same procedure as for Manilla 2.1, i.e. get the City ID from Accuweather and edit a Manilla file?

timmymarsh

Senior Moderator - Emeritus
Mar 26, 2007
Just one More
Even in HTC Sense these are somewhat lacking. Is there an easy way to add your own? Is it the same procedure as for Manilla 2.1, i.e. get the City ID from Accuweather and edit a Manilla file?

Yes there is, see the link in my sig below and use the app. If you follow the creators instructions, you cannot fail. Works with manila 2.5 also:D

Greetz.

FloatingFatMan

Apr 20, 2005
It seems that newer versions of CHome/Titanium support panel types that older versions don't. This causes panels to either not appear at all (CWeather is one of them), or in the case of that Hero Titanium theme, the Lockscreen just reverts to the old 6.1 one.

Clearly, I can't get an older version of CHome to use these new paneltypes, such as LockScreenPaneView, so is there any way I can update the version of CHome in my device ROM? I can't upgrade the ROM to a newer build of WM6.5 unfortunately, as there aren't any for this device.

An updated guide as to what builds support what panels would be really good, but I've been searching for such information and can't find it anywhere. Hell, it took me ages to find THIS thread! :(

Anyone any ideas on how I can solve this? :(

Charlie8

Apr 25, 2009
Liverpool
How to increase the System volume on the Acer NeoTouch - WM6.5?

Hello - I've just bought an Acer Neotouch running on WM6.5. It's a great machine apart from the system volume (alarms, text messages, etc.) being too low. Does anyone know a hack I can use to increasre the system volume please?

Howell

Jul 19, 2004
Sony Xperia Z
Nexus 7 (2013)
I want to edit the text above the sliders "slide" and "tap or slide". Im thinking i need to edit something in the shellresapps.dll but i am unable to copy it so i can edit it. Any help on how to copy it? Total Commander wont work and file explorer says i cant copy it.

I found how to edit this text WITHOUT modifying Shellresapps.dll ;)

In Ls_LockScene_480x800.cpr (adapt to your resolution) :

In
Code:
    <Text ID="SlideToUnlock" Top="90" Width="480" Height="34" FontFamily="Tahoma" FontSize="9" Wrap="False" HorizontalAlignment="Center" VerticalAlignment="Middle" InnerTextType="Resource" Text="shellresapps.dll,18149">

Replace "Resource" by "Literal" and Text="shellresapps.dll,18150" by Text="Slide me if you dare !" (or whatever you want to be displayed here) !

Same for the "TapOrSlide" section ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Moving the Chromium Lock Slider

Most of the Hacks for Titanium will come from the ".cpr" files found in the windows directory. Cpr files are simply xml files (and to edit them you will simply need to rename them to .xml, use an .xml editor, and then rename them back to .cpr) ....or you can of course just use the "right-click open as" and open them with word pad, microsoft xml editor, ect.

In Quote from drkfngthdragnlrd,

All .cpr's are the skin layout controllers for the respective parts of WinMo 6.5. The Start Manu, Titanium, Lockscreen, Incoming Calls, anything that has a CPR is all part of CHome. All all this stuff is is just a basic shell. WinMo 6.5 otherwise isn't anything new. It's safe to say if you find all the files and regiy it can be ported into 6.1 or even 6.0 as CHome first appeared in 6.0 on the T-Mobile Shadow as Neo.

If you want to make things simple You can grab the attachment to this post and copy paste it into your Windows Directory on your ppc.

.....but if you prefer to get down and dirty, everything is explained below:

If you want a more full synopsis on cpr files before we start you can find it here.

In this specific Tweak you will want to find the CPR file named LS_LockScene[your resolution here].cpr Once you have it in your XML Editor you will want to find these Keys:

Code:
    <Slider ID="LockSlider" Top="3" Left="24" Width="192" Height="40" Orientation="Middle" OnPress="ShowNotifications" OnSlideLeftFinal="Unlock" OnSlideRightFinal="Unlock" >

<Text ID="TapOrSlide" Top="45" Left="90" Width="60" Height="12" FontFamily="Tahoma" FontSize="9" Wrap="False" HorizontalAlignment="Center" VerticalAlignment="Middle" InnerTextType="Resource" Text="shellresapps.dll,18150">

<Text ID="SlideToUnlock" Top="45" Left="90" Width="60" Height="12" FontFamily="Tahoma" FontSize="9" Wrap="False" HorizontalAlignment="Center" VerticalAlignment="Middle" InnerTextType="Resource" Text="shellresapps.dll,18149">

<LockScreenListView ID="Notifications List" Top="51" Left="9" Width="222" Height="235" Columns="1" Rows="4" ItemWidth="222" ItemHeight="46" OnInitComplete="Binding:LockScreen,LS_Notifications">

These are not the slider itself but will be in the way of where you are trying to move the slider and will need to also be moved:

Code:
    <LockScreenListView ID="Notifications List" Top="51" Left="9" Width="222" Height="235" Columns="1" Rows="4" ItemWidth="222" ItemHeight="46" OnInitComplete="Binding:LockScreen,LS_Notifications">

<Text ID="DateText" Left="150" Top="17" Width="90" Height="19" FontFamily="Tahoma" FontSize="11" FontStyle="Regular" Wrap="False" HorizontalAlignment="Left" VerticalAlignment="Middle" Opacity="1.0" >

<Layer ID="Appointment" Left="5" Top="50"  OnInitComplete="Binding:LockScreen,LS_Appointment">
            <Image Width="37" Height="32" Visible="True" Opacity="1.0" ScalingAlgorithm = "TriLinear" Source="\windows\icn_cal_up.png"/>
            <Text ID="Subject" Left="40" Width="180" Height="17" FontFamily="Tahoma" FontSize="10" FontStyle="Bold"  Wrap="False" HorizontalAlignment="Left" VerticalAlignment="Middle" Trimming="EllipsisCharacter" Opacity="1.0" >
              <TextStage TextOffsetType="TextOffsetDropBottomRight" Color="#00000000" TextOffset="1" BlurFactor="3" Alpha="1.0"/>
              <TextStage TextOffsetType="TextOffsetNone" Color="#FFFFFFFF"/>
            </Text>
            <Text ID="Time" Left="40" Top="18" Width="180" Height="15" FontFamily="Tahoma" FontSize="8" FontStyle="Regular"  Wrap="False" HorizontalAlignment="Left" VerticalAlignment="Middle" Opacity="1.0" >
              <TextStage TextOffsetType="TextOffsetDropBottomRight" Color="#00000000" TextOffset="1" BlurFactor="3" Alpha="1.0"/>
            </Text>
            <Text ID="Location" Left="40" Top="34" Width="180" Height="15" FontFamily="Tahoma" FontSize="8" FontStyle="Regular"  Wrap="False" HorizontalAlignment="Left" VerticalAlignment="Middle" Trimming="EllipsisCharacter" Opacity="1.0" >
            </Text>

For a QVGA Device you will want to change them to this (to have my set-up):

Code:
    <Slider ID="LockSlider" Top="250" Left="24" Width="192" Height="40" Orientation="Middle" OnPress="ShowNotifications" OnSlideLeftFinal="Unlock" OnSlideRightFinal="Unlock" >

<Text ID="TapOrSlide" Top="234" Left="90" Width="60" Height="16" FontFamily="Tahoma" FontSize="9" Wrap="False" HorizontalAlignment="Center" VerticalAlignment="Middle" InnerTextType="Resource" Text="shellresapps.dll,18150">

<Text ID="SlideToUnlock" Top="234" Left="90" Width="60" Height="16" FontFamily="Tahoma" FontSize="9" Wrap="False" HorizontalAlignment="Center" VerticalAlignment="Middle" InnerTextType="Resource" Text="shellresapps.dll,18149">

<LockScreenListView ID="Notifications List" Top="188" Left="9" Width="222" Height="235" Columns="1" Rows="4" ItemWidth="222" ItemHeight="46" OnInitComplete="Binding:LockScreen,LS_Notifications">

<Layer ID="TimeX" Top="3">
          <Image ID="TimeBG" Width="240" Height="52" Visible="True" Opacity="1.0" ScalingAlgorithm = "TriLinear" Source="\windows\LS_TimeBG.png"/>

<Text ID="DateText" Left="150" Top="17" Width="90" Height="19" FontFamily="Tahoma" FontSize="10" FontStyle="Regular" Wrap="False" HorizontalAlignment="Left" VerticalAlignment="Middle" Opacity="1.0" >

<Layer ID="AppointmentX" Left="29" Top="57">
          <Layer ID="Appointment">
            <ActiveIcon ID="Display Appointment" OnInitComplete="Binding:LockScreen,LS_Appointment">
              <Image Width="32" Height="32" Visible="True" Opacity="1.0" ScalingAlgorithm = "TriLinear" Source="\windows\icn_cal_up.png"/>
              <Text ID="Subject" Left="34" Top="2" Width="150" Height="17" FontFamily="Tahoma" FontSize="10" FontStyle="Regular"  Wrap="False" HorizontalAlignment="Left" VerticalAlignment="Middle" Trimming="EllipsisCharacter" Opacity="1.0" >
              </Text>
              <Text ID="Time" Left="34" Top="34" Width="150" Height="15" FontFamily="Tahoma" FontSize="8" FontStyle="Regular"  Wrap="False" HorizontalAlignment="Left" VerticalAlignment="Middle" Trimming="EllipsisCharacter" Opacity="1.0" >
              </Text>
              <Text ID="Location" Left="34" Top="20" Width="150" Height="15" FontFamily="Tahoma" FontSize="8" FontStyle="Regular"  Wrap="False" HorizontalAlignment="Left" VerticalAlignment="Middle" Trimming="EllipsisCharacter" Opacity="1.0" >
              </Text>
            </ActiveIcon>

If you would like to change the slider to be located to the left (like s2u) you can change the orentaion of it like this:

Code:
    <Slider ID="LockSlider" Top="3" Left="5" Width="192" Height="40" Orientation="Left" OnPress="ShowNotifications" OnSlideRightFinal="Unlock" >

For info on editing the lock slider text go here.

If you would like to take a look at mine (or just use it and copy it to your device) you can get it from the attachment to this post. A great tool for comparing or merging with you existing changes is WinMerge, see post one for a link.

WARNING: My file is for QVGA Devices.
    For VGA, try johnrb's VGA version here.
    Only if it's installed I guess. This is how to disable it. Anryl's ROM has it install and turned on by default.

That's good news. I've been looking for a way to enable it in the first place on 6.5. It doesn't work at all on 21500.
    i've already install wm6.5 on my himalaya. But i cann't find ms office. Is it wm 6.5 doesn't have ms office. Where can i download for it?
    Thanks
    Office 2007 Mobile in Storage Card:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=421366