Search This thread

nicogri

May 23, 2008
Compiegne
What do you think of it ???

https://plus.google.com/101876477370427274531/posts/J1PHLqLDew7

15-1-710x533.jpg

15-2.jpg

Saw an article here : http://www.androidauthority.com/lg-g-watch-owner-sanded-down-watch-588035/

Last edited:

ro_explorer

Dec 3, 2010
Stockholm
A sand-blaster machine would have worked wonderfully on this. I'm seriously considering this option after the nice black finish of the main watch body will get ruined in some future.

nicogri

May 23, 2008
Compiegne
Problem with sand blaster is that you cannot remove glass so you have to take extra care with protection...

I think sandpaper is less aggressive for little pieces like that and precision near screen

ro_explorer

Dec 3, 2010
Stockholm
Problem with sand blaster is that you cannot remove glass so you have to take extra care with protection...

I think sandpaper is less aggressive for little pieces like that and precision near screen
I was thinking to cover the whole glass (and the inner part of the bezel) with heavy duty duct tape and then, on top of it, an aluminium plate cut in a round shape, to cover the duct tape to resist sand blasting.
Of course, this is recommended to do without the internals of the watch (replace the plastic back cover with an aluminium plate while sandblasting everything.

We will see how it will come out when I'll do it (if I'll do it) :)

I made a short video after polishing http://youtu.be/uKq8Fl7rf50
That's quite a neat solution. The result is shining :p ...

Last edited:
Reactions: ajbattaglia83

snowblind2142

Jan 20, 2010
Manchester
Will be doing this when mine has a few scufs :) thank you. Good to see it can be achieved with good results.

I did cringe a little when you took the sand paper block to it, terrified of touching the screen.
Heard too many horror stories with grit and sand.

Reactions: kchannel9

ajbattaglia83

Dec 6, 2010
@snowblind2142 I have a screen protector on that was the only reason I did that lol

---------- Post added at 07:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 AM ----------

So I assume that's stainless steel underneath the paint then? Otherwise, oxidation becomes a problem. Any problems since buffing it up?

Yep it is stainless I was able to look it up. I've had it polished up a few days now and everything still looks nice and shiny

mitchellvii

Jul 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
www.executivedecision.biz
You don't need to sand the whole thing...

This looks totally cool too. Just sand the outer edge.

ih1jwx.jpg

---------- Post added at 06:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

I was thinking to cover the whole glass (and the inner part of the bezel) with heavy duty duct tape and then, on top of it, an aluminium plate cut in a round shape, to cover the duct tape to resist sand blasting.
Of course, this is recommended to do without the internals of the watch (replace the plastic back cover with an aluminium plate while sandblasting everything.

We will see how it will come out when I'll do it (if I'll do it) :)

That's quite a neat solution. The result is shining :p ...

Heavy duty duct tape would ruin the screen. You could never get the adhesive off without strong solvent. Hope you didn't do that.

Last edited:
Reactions: ro_explorer

jwadle22

Dec 4, 2007
Just sanded the top of the bezel as well.. took all of 5 mins, and the new look really looks great.. I was about to sell it on ebay and get the Urbane, but now no real reason.. May do the whole thing pretty soon..

Reactions: mitchellvii

ChrisM75

Nov 2, 2013
Im wondering if the black can be polished off instead with car rubbing compound. Far more gentle than sanding, no scratches. Might try it on my Square G Watch tomorrow, since the lower half seems to have the same black finish.

Top Liked Posts