[A-ONLY][TREBLE][9.0][A530F/A530W/A730F] Vendor Pie For Galaxy A8/A8+ 2018

Search This thread

mementomorinl

Oct 2, 2011
ok good to know. So my kernel is a yeat old Version 3.
shall i Upgrade it?
currently everythnik is working for me. Well Bluetooth calls and Signal Bars are not. but i remember not working on any GSI.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. ;)
No need, imagine I'm still on Oreo Bootloader
How are you still on a stock bootloader after Treblizing your phone? Or is it possible to reinstall the bootloader with Odin after treblizing?

Another question I have is Treble GSI compatibility. I noticed that the Galaxy J7 has a AOSP Extended v7.x Treble GSI/ROM available. Can I just install that one on my A8?

Last edited:

prashantp01

May 21, 2016
Mumbai
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. ;)

How are you still on a stock bootloader after Treblizing your phone? Or is it possible to reinstall the bootloader with Odin after treblizing?

Another question I have is Treble GSI compatibility. I noticed that the Galaxy J7 has a AOSP Extended v7.x Treble GSI/ROM available. Can I just install that one on my A8?

Bootloader has nothing to do with Treble :). It should work on all treble device, unless its not sGSI

MiamKebab

Aug 21, 2017
Hi everyone, I install this Vendor + Pixel Experience and I fix ctsProfile with Magisk and Xposed. So now when I check Play Store, my device is certified.

But I have I huge problem that bothers me : when I go to configure my Google Pay, it says me my device has been modified or rooted...

I already enable Magisk Hide and select Google Pay, clear data for Google Pay and Google Play Services so I don't understand this problem... Can someone help me, please ? :(

prashantp01

May 21, 2016
Mumbai
Hi everyone, I install this Vendor + Pixel Experience and I fix ctsProfile with Magisk and Xposed. So now when I check Play Store, my device is certified.

But I have I huge problem that bothers me : when I go to configure my Google Pay, it says me my device has been modified or rooted...

I already enable Magisk Hide and select Google Pay, clear data for Google Pay and Google Play Services so I don't understand this problem... Can someone help me, please ? :(

can you try to use magisk hide ? with new package name to magisk :)

mementomorinl

Oct 2, 2011
I have booted ONEUI Q with our Pie kernel :silly:

I haven't released it yet :)

Great idea! I've found that I'm not getting anywhere near the same battery life with a custom Pie Treble GSI as I did with Stock ONE UI Pie. And that is with your Quantum Kernel v4, Battery Manager option on and Magisk Modules like Acca and LKT Manager.
Unfortunately nothing would be allowed to run in the background on my stock Pie ONE UI, so I switched to a custom ROM after trying to change all kind of options without effect. :(
But I would really like to try Q ONE UI.

Oh, and I miss Bluetooth calling!

Last edited:

prashantp01

May 21, 2016
Mumbai
Great idea! I've found that I'm not getting anywhere near the same battery life with a custom Pie Treble GSI as I did with Stock ONE UI Pie. And that is with your Quantum Kernel v4, Battery Manager option on and Magisk Modules like Acca and LKT Manager.
Unfortunately nothing would be allowed to run in the background, so I switched to a custom ROM after trying to change all kind of options without effect. :(
But I would really like to try Q ONE UI.

Oh, and I miss Bluetooth calling!
Check i have released Vendor Quack beta :)

Pro Cal

Aug 29, 2013
Following steps above, lets say all is pass and ok, I have trebelized my device SM-A530FD and installed vendor_dumpster.

Can I install any GSI even android 10 or 11 such the ones available on github (as longer its A only Arm64 of course), or is that vendor is specific for Android Pie GSIs only ?
And for other versions i will need a different Vendor ?

The bluetooth calls broken is it because of the vendor or the GSI ? If install a different android version of GSI will it works ?

Is there a fix for it ?

Thanks in advance for all the efforts and ur time, great work :)

Pro Cal

Aug 29, 2013
If I want to install a different GSI I follow the steps again (install vendor, flash GSI, flash boot fix and fixes if needed) or just wipe system, data, cache and flash the new image+ boot fix
From where i can get the boot fix please or any other needed fixes ? Cannot seems to find them !

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I'm not responsible for whatever damage this could possibly cause to your device.
    Before Starting Make Sure You Treble Your Device By This Guide here

If you appreciate the work i have done, Feel free to buy me a cup of coffee @paypal

Welcome to Pie Vendor For Galaxy A8/A8+ 2018 ONLY FOR A530F/A530W/A730F

Some information you should know..

Full TREBLE Documentation here : https://source.android.com/devices/architecture
    Generic System Image (GSI) Documentation here : https://source.android.com/setup/build/gsi

GSIs are not the most stable and many users prove they are unable to read. they just want ready stuff. with this project that is not the case. if you skip the instructions/F.A.Qs and notes, dont bother installing this project as you probably wont be able to get it running.

This is a fully featured VENDOR and KERNEL designed for this device to support project treble, it is based on other Exynos 7885 Vendors and modified to support our devices, i have also added few patches and fixes to this vendor to get the best possible experience

The vendor is pretty much bugles, therefore any bugs you face, Report them to the appropriate Threads of the GSI you installed or github issues section, as those are not mine to fix i only provide the vendor and kernel that allows GSIs to run on.

- VENDOR FEATURES:
    • Wi-Fi & Hotspot
    • Telephony & Ril (Mobile Data, Calls, SMS, MMS)
    • NFC
    • Camera
    • Bluetooth
    • GPS
    • Fingerprint
    • All Sensors
    - STEPS FOR INSTALLING TREBLE VENDOR:
    • Make Sure You Treble Your Bevice By This Guide here
    • Boot into Twrp recovery
    • Wipe System, Data, Dalvik and Vendor.
    • Select Vendor_Dumpster.zip
    - STEPS FOR INSTALLING GSIs:
    • Download the desired GSI (it MUST be A-only_arm64 Variant)
    • unpack it if it wasn't in .IMG format
    • Go to TWRP , Install , Install IMAGE
    • Pick your GSI and select SYSTEM IMAGE
    • Reboot to TWRP Recovery
    - STEPS FOR INSTALLING GAPPS
    • Download the appropriate opengapps
    • Go to TWRP , Install
    • Pick your OpenGapps.zip
    • Reboot to System
    - KNOWN BUGS:
    • Bluetooth calls are broken
    Credits:
    - @ananjaser1211 for his contribution
    - @TaifAljaloo for testing

Downloads. Changelogs , F.A.Qs below

XDA:DevDB Information

Project Treble, Vendor for the Samsung Galaxy A8 (2018)
    Kernel Source

Contributors

prashantp01
    ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information
    Beta
    Current Stable Version: v1

Created 2019-05-17
    Last Updated 2019-05-17
    F0-mD7nKQz6DqCB76EtiiuJS6qnNwT735xae2Ua6vnZSENj_di2kIFlx6MpkTgAbelBXFrDcWVWqXr2wpSQxx7X-ktvXh8kTGCLaWDxv2S38dpDO7qei-PaLPc7om8g_VtjEYQxcFg=w2400

Come hang with us on our chat : Telegram
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Treble Pie Vendor Dumpster V1.0 [LATEST]
    Treble folder : Gdrive
    Recommended GSI : Gdrive
    Generic System Image (list) : Github
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    WDqiPZ-OXRl0STq7H0vH-hFBjU9IHrt4ew0eV1c8A_7iMuN5ZOdqe8RV4rGctI5cdQBEULI026LwpFeVYz7183bJoPrgfS_L2c3UHAPJ_s4gdgR8so8nHVmj3PZlbS9NdAZPtrT8cg=w2400

Bugs :
    1- some users might face SDCard issues
    If you did , back up its data and format it in GSI.

2- If you face "Error 70: Insufficient storage space available in the system partition" while flashing Gapps
    If you get do this : Wipe > Advanced Wipe > select system > Repair or Change File System > Resize File System
    Go back and flash Gapps

V1.0
    -initial release
    F.A.Q

For more details related to this project, read our dedicated Wiki page here.

Q : Do i need to format internal storage ?
    A : No

Q : Can i use the Treble recovery for normal ROMs ?
    A : Yes, it is preferred especially when making backups. just be sure to wipe vendor when switching to non treble roms

Q : What Camera is recommended ?
    A : Footej and open camera works the best

Q : Can i flash any GSIs ?
    A : No, only A-ONLY_ARM64 Are supported

Q : Can i flash any sGSIs ?
    A : No unless they match the Arch above
    So I want to install Google phone but I cannot get it to work. Can you give me an alternative ?
    install gapps from opengapps.org
    Simple
    These are tlhe whipes I do wipe everything except internal memory.
    correct:)