[A-ONLY][VENDOR + KERNEL][9.0] Project Treble For Samsung Galaxy S6/Edge[SM-G920-5X]

Search This thread

Benn Hur

Jun 21, 2018
Seoul
Work if you are install Phh aosp and then WIPE Dalvik-cache and sys tem only.....

I also succeeded in booting to the PEX in that way, but I get a internal storage(limited storage space ... sdcard not found ... ... ) error in the screenshots and so on. So I give up. I'll leave it for developers.

Last edited:

Rhodz180055

Sep 15, 2016
Tarlac
clean install Phh with gapps. Then wipe dalvikcache, system, install pixel exp..
Okay, thanks for informing.

---------- Post added 04-02-2019 at 12:30 AM ---------- Previous post was 03-02-2019 at 11:36 PM ----------

clean install Phh with gapps. Then wipe dalvikcache, system, install pixel exp..

Do I have to boot phh first, then go to twrp and wipe sytem, dalvik-cache and install PEX?

Or just clean install phh (not booting the rom) then wipe and install PEX?

crashniels

Jan 6, 2018
Peine
tried this out and here are my testing results :D
1. phh treble boots and works.
2. pixel dust rom gsi just gets stuck on s6 edge screen and resets after 5 seconds
3. bootleggers rom 3.0 boots and gets to the setup but then crashes and then restarts. after reading again i noticed it is a 8.1 rom. my fault :p
4. rr7.0 gsi gets stuck on bootanimation and stays there forever :/

SomeoneXD

Oct 10, 2018
Android-P.png

Disclaimer
Code:
[COLOR="black"]* This Vendor is made for Only S6 and S6 Edge!
* Flash it at your own Risk!
* Your warranty is VOID Knox flags 0x1
* Read Instructions Carefully
* I'm not responsible for damage to Any dead equipment or loss of warranty![/COLOR]

Before Starting Make Sure You Created Vendor Partition By This Guide
[GUIDE][SCRIPT][TREBLE][SM-G920-5X] Project Treble for Galaxy S6/Edge

What is this?
Vendor image and kernel for using with GSIs over XDA

What is working?
  • Wi-Fi & Hotspot (Fixing this was quite hard)
  • Telephony & Ril (Mobile Data, Calls, SMS, MMS)
  • NFC
  • Bluetooth
  • GPS
  • Fingerprint
  • All Sensors
  • 2D/3D Graphics + Vulkan
  • And probably everything else what is not working

What is not working?
  • Camera
  • VoLte
  • HWC (This bug is caused by something Google changed with Pie)

Download
Vendor + Kernel For Android 9.0-Pie GSIs
You can download an A only ARM64 Pie GSI from here

Kernel Source

Instructions
1- Flash Vendor
2- Flash Kernel
3- Flash GSI as system_image on TWRP
4- Reboot and start using your device

GSIs that we have tested and works fine
[AOSP 9.0] Phh-Treble
OmniP-arm64_aonly Gsi by @EnesSastim
[9.0][GSI] PixelExperience P - UNOFFICIAL

Credits
@corsicanu for helping me with repartitioning
@Lunarixus for testing and helping to fix bugs
@nysadev for testing and helping to fix bugs
@lukasb06 for helping to fix bugs, camera, gps
@ananjaser1211 for helping to fix bugs

User Support
Ultimate News Channel

After all i have worked so hard on this project to fix bugs, if you like my work you can press thanks button :)

This works so perfectly since I relize what I did wrong anyway the only problem is I can not root which I'm sure that will get fixed is there any other vendor I could possibly use???

antauf

Mar 11, 2018
Fort Wood, Chattanooga, TN
Hey, thanks for bringing treble to the S6 but I have a few questions before I follow this tutorial on my daily driver S6: Does the camera work yet? (Because of the fact that you credited a guy for helping with the camera "@lukasb06 for helping to fix bugs, camera, gps") And if it does, is the flash in sync with the camera? And also, does the fact that HWC isn't working impair video playback (e.g. on youtube) in any way? Also, can I use this with the latest builds from google over at ci.android/source.android's page for downloading GSIs for Aarch64 ? I am looking to replace the older build of resurrection remix that I currently have installed. Is this better in terms of stability and overall usability? (RR has bugs such as: a barely working camera with the flash and camera out of sync, a blue light filter that turns off every time I lock the phone, and other bugs...)
Thanks in advance for your response.

antauf

Mar 11, 2018
Fort Wood, Chattanooga, TN
Does the camera work with 3rd party camera apps like OpenCamera or does it just not detect a Camera attacted to the phone

I can confirm that the camera still does not work at this time. The stock camera app that comes with phh's AOSP GSI just crashes, openCamera from the Play Store shows a green image as camera input and gcam does the same thing.
BUT when you DO take a picture with gcam, while the preview is green, the image that is saved is in fact a real photo of what is in front of your camera!!!!, but the quality is crap and you can't preview what you're going to take a picture of, which defeats the entire purpose of taking a picture, IMO.

As for the rest, phh's AOSP GSI is the only treble rom that I got to boot in a reasonable amount of time, but it is probably the SMOOTHEST rom I've ever experienced on the S6 (better than the stock samsung rom, better than resurrection remix 6.0.0/7.0.1, better than LineageOS or any other non-treble roms I've had on my S6).
Thank you to everybody that worked on this project, y'all are doing wonderful things for the S6 community, but please fix the camera bug as it is the last barrier to this becoming my daily driver ROM.
Also, can someone explain which side this bug is coming from? The system image or the vendor/kernel combo? Maybe if I get another treble rom to boot on it, I can get the camera working?

Reactions: vlouis

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android-P.png

Disclaimer
    Code:
    [COLOR="black"]* This Vendor is made for Only S6 and S6 Edge!
    * Flash it at your own Risk!
    * Your warranty is VOID Knox flags 0x1
    * Read Instructions Carefully
    * I'm not responsible for damage to Any dead equipment or loss of warranty![/COLOR]

Before Starting Make Sure You Created Vendor Partition By This Guide
    [GUIDE][SCRIPT][TREBLE][SM-G920-5X] Project Treble for Galaxy S6/Edge

What is this?
    Vendor image and kernel for using with GSIs over XDA

What is working?
    • Wi-Fi & Hotspot (Fixing this was quite hard)
    • Telephony & Ril (Mobile Data, Calls, SMS, MMS)
    • NFC
    • Bluetooth
    • GPS
    • Fingerprint
    • All Sensors
    • 2D/3D Graphics + Vulkan
    • And probably everything else what is not working

What is not working?
    • Camera
    • VoLte
    • HWC (This bug is caused by something Google changed with Pie)

Download
    Vendor For Android 9.0-Pie GSIs
    Kernel For Android 9.0-Pie GSIs
    You can download an A only ARM64 Pie GSI from here

Kernel Source

Instructions
    1- Flash Vendor
    2- Flash Kernel
    3- Flash GSI as system_image on TWRP
    4- Reboot and start using your device

GSIs that we have tested and works fine
    [AOSP 9.0] Phh-Treble
    OmniP-arm64_aonly Gsi by @EnesSastim
    [9.0][GSI] PixelExperience P - UNOFFICIAL

Credits
    @corsicanu for helping me with repartitioning
    @Lunarixus for testing and helping to fix bugs
    @nysadev for testing and helping to fix bugs
    @lukasb06 for helping to fix bugs, camera, gps
    @ananjaser1211 for helping to fix bugs

User Support
    Ultimate News Channel

After all i have worked so hard on this project to fix bugs, if you like my work you can press thanks button :)
    Changelog:

---------------
    2019-02-01
    ---------------
    • Internal Release
    Works with latest "Havoc-OS-v3.5-20200522-Official-GApps-arm64-aonly" (Android 10)
    Wiped everything with the treble-izer script, reboot, wiped partitions with change fs ext2-ext4, installed twrp-treble, reboot, installed kernel, system image and vendor (phone rebooted itself here), flashed vendor again and reboot system - success!
    I hope you crack the camera somehow. Amazing work you did here!!!
    tried this out and here are my testing results :D
    1. phh treble boots and works.
    2. pixel dust rom gsi just gets stuck on s6 edge screen and resets after 5 seconds
    3. bootleggers rom 3.0 boots and gets to the setup but then crashes and then restarts. after reading again i noticed it is a 8.1 rom. my fault :p
    4. rr7.0 gsi gets stuck on bootanimation and stays there forever :/