[A-ONLY][VENDOR + KERNEL][9.0] Project Treble For Samsung Galaxy S6/Edge[SM-G920-5X]

Search This thread

vlouis

Dec 2, 2017
I can confirm that the camera still does not work at this time. The stock camera app that comes with phh's AOSP GSI just crashes, openCamera from the Play Store shows a green image as camera input and gcam does the same thing.
BUT when you DO take a picture with gcam, while the preview is green, the image that is saved is in fact a real photo of what is in front of your camera!!!!, but the quality is crap and you can't preview what you're going to take a picture of, which defeats the entire purpose of taking a picture, IMO.

As for the rest, phh's AOSP GSI is the only treble rom that I got to boot in a reasonable amount of time, but it is probably the SMOOTHEST rom I've ever experienced on the S6 (better than the stock samsung rom, better than resurrection remix 6.0.0/7.0.1, better than LineageOS or any other non-treble roms I've had on my S6).
Thank you to everybody that worked on this project, y'all are doing wonderful things for the S6 community, but please fix the camera bug as it is the last barrier to this becoming my daily driver ROM.
Also, can someone explain which side this bug is coming from? The system image or the vendor/kernel combo? Maybe if I get another treble rom to boot on it, I can get the camera working?

Thank you for camera status report. :good: :good:
Looks like the preview part not working at all, only the picture save with low quality. About "system image" or "kernel/vendor combo" bug... if same system image works well with other phones... the bug will be in kernel or vendor side. I hope the dev. team will find the solution for camera bug. Will be like a dream come true to can use treble system images on S6 phones... :D :fingers-crossed:
After treble modification is any problem to flash non-treble ROMs or TWRP backups (saved before treble mod)? :confused:

antauf

Mar 11, 2018
Fort Wood, Chattanooga, TN
Thank you for camera status report. :good: :good:
Looks like the preview part not working at all, only the picture save with low quality. About "system image" or "kernel/vendor combo" bug... if same system image works well with other phones... the bug will be in kernel or vendor side. I hope the dev. team will find the solution for camera bug. Will be like a dream come true to can use treble system images on S6 phones... :D :fingers-crossed:
After treble modification is any problem to flash non-treble ROMs or TWRP backups (saved before treble mod)? :confused:

I didn't have any problems flashing a non-treble rom after testing out phh's GSI with this tweaked version of TWRP (I flashed a non treble/GSI LineageOS 16 ROM from xda). I don't know about backups and recoveries, though.

antauf

Mar 11, 2018
it'd be very useful if someone has shared experiences with treble roms as a youtube video :)

I might make a couple Youtube videos later this week, I will post the link on this thread if I do, but that means I will have to flash the custom version of TWRP again, which I've since replaced with an official TWRP.
With that said, the only treble ROM I've been able to boot is phh's AOSP, but that was a couple months ago, so maybe things have changed.

I feel like this thread is dying out a bit, we need to get more people involved and get that damn camera working :).
I'd be willing to help but someone is going to have to teach me a little because I know nothing about kernel (module?) programming.
But I know C very well and have written a lot of user-space programs for linux such as a korn shell clone with the fork syscall, a simple VM and its assembler, as well as an infinite digit calculator (like the `bc` command on UNIX systems).

Last edited:

xylene35

Jan 12, 2016
I might make a couple Youtube videos later this week, I will post the link on this thread if I do, but that means I will have to flash the custom version of TWRP again, which I've since replaced with an official TWRP.
With that said, the only treble ROM I've been able to boot is phh's AOSP, but that was a couple months ago, so maybe things have changed.

I feel like this thread is dying out a bit, we need to get more people involved and get that damn camera working :).
I'd be willing to help but someone is going to have to teach me a little because I know nothing about kernel (module?) programming.
But I know C very well and have written a lot of user-space programs for linux such as a korn shell clone with the fork syscall, a simple VM and its assembler, as well as an infinite digit calculator (like the `bc` command on UNIX systems).

thanks in advance

I'm using Marduk Stock ROM for stock camera app. I'm sure camera is one of the most important thing in a ROM for everyone.

I think its all about android versions and drivers compatibility. Last supported version is 7.0 by Samsung for this device. I guess this means drivers are out of date for new versions of android (I might be totally wrong xD)

xDroidZz

Oct 6, 2012
Davao City
well the treble implementation on this phone is quite a big step to get this phone up and running with the latest version of android but without the camera it's just a big bummer but i can still use this because i have a different phone. i would be glad to be testing all the stuffs that will possibly come out on this phone since my phone is just for testing things out. but thanks for this!
the camera works with the green tint as said before on this thread, i can also confirm that a picture comes out but it's pretty crappy looking quality , i used messenger camera for the testing doe.,

EDIT 1: Pixel experience seems to reboot when there is heavy load on the screen, (messenger pop ups and chrome open rebooted the phone) i'll try phh
EDIT2: Reboots on PHH as well on heavy load.

EDIT3: Don't mind my reports. my phone has problem, it restarts and gives me white led, i dont know what's wrong, maybe memory or cpu. if someone knows this i would gladly hear your opinion :highfive:

Last edited:

xDroidZz

Oct 6, 2012
Davao City
About the white led, is a kernel panic, take the log from ("/proc/last_kmsg")

it happens in all roms but i provided the file here, i dont know how to look into it, i really think i have faulty hardware. that log is from Marduk rom, since i thought moving back to stock would fix the issue but it didn't. maybe you can take a look at it thanks

Attachments

• last_kmsg.log
    512 KB · Views: 7

Shafin2315

• Mar 12, 2017
    Dhaka
    Has anyone tried Treble on s6/s6e with HavocOS yet?

Yeah i tried it out. But the rom is HELL SLOW........LIKE HELL....:(:(....The rom was possible to boot with clean installation. No problem in that. After the boot the hardware back and recents button keeps flashing continously....(WHY THE F*** ????:confused::confused:).....the whole system touch is WAY laggish...:crying::crying:.....takes a second of time to respond to my every touch...

Reactions: Outlaw Dragon

StkKhan

Dec 25, 2015
    Reactions: antauf

Ziuve

Dec 16, 2019
    I just made a video on this rom. Hopefully I didn't leave anything out.
    I didn't have to flash FixZygote or Permissiver or anything of that nature, just the actual rom as a system image in TWRP (the modded one)

Yes, this video explains pretty much everything I have noticed so far.

antauf

Mar 11, 2018
    Nice thanks. I hope we get a fix for its camera. Have u tried any other nicer gsi than pixel,aosp,omni,havoc?

"Have u tried any other nicer gsi than pixel,aosp,omni,havoc?" I guess by that you mean LineageOS 17 or RR?
    I tried booting older builds of phhusson's android 10 AOSP and I never got them to boot so I thought maybe the pie vendor just wasn't compatible with android 10, but the gsi I tested in the video proved me wrong. I will try to boot the latest build of phh's android 10 tonight (@ https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations/releases) since it's gotten a couple fixes since last time. If that works, I will try "nicer" roms such as LineageOS 17.

StkKhan

Dec 25, 2015
    "Have u tried any other nicer gsi than pixel,aosp,omni,havoc?" I guess by that you mean LineageOS 17 or RR?
    I tried booting older builds of phhusson's android 10 AOSP and I never got them to boot so I thought maybe the pie vendor just wasn't compatible with android 10, but the gsi I tested in the video proved me wrong. I will try to boot the latest build of phh's android 10 tonight (@ https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations/releases) since it's gotten a couple fixes since last time. If that works, I will try "nicer" roms such as LineageOS 17.

Goodjob.. Give us a feedback about ur experience. Currently I'm on RR pie.. Not treble.
    I'm thinking of buying a new phone with ab treble support. So that I can install much sGsi's in future. But haven't decided yet which one to buy.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Android-P.png

Disclaimer
      Code:
      [COLOR="black"]* This Vendor is made for Only S6 and S6 Edge!
      * Flash it at your own Risk!
      * Your warranty is VOID Knox flags 0x1
      * Read Instructions Carefully
      * I'm not responsible for damage to Any dead equipment or loss of warranty![/COLOR]

Before Starting Make Sure You Created Vendor Partition By This Guide
      [GUIDE][SCRIPT][TREBLE][SM-G920-5X] Project Treble for Galaxy S6/Edge

What is this?
      Vendor image and kernel for using with GSIs over XDA

What is working?
      • Wi-Fi & Hotspot (Fixing this was quite hard)
      • Telephony & Ril (Mobile Data, Calls, SMS, MMS)
      • NFC
      • Bluetooth
      • GPS
      • Fingerprint
      • All Sensors
      • 2D/3D Graphics + Vulkan
      • And probably everything else what is not working

What is not working?
      • Camera
      • VoLte
      • HWC (This bug is caused by something Google changed with Pie)

Download
      Vendor For Android 9.0-Pie GSIs
      Kernel For Android 9.0-Pie GSIs
      You can download an A only ARM64 Pie GSI from here

Kernel Source

Instructions
      1- Flash Vendor
      2- Flash Kernel
      3- Flash GSI as system_image on TWRP
      4- Reboot and start using your device

GSIs that we have tested and works fine
      [AOSP 9.0] Phh-Treble
      OmniP-arm64_aonly Gsi by @EnesSastim
      [9.0][GSI] PixelExperience P - UNOFFICIAL

Credits
      @corsicanu for helping me with repartitioning
      @Lunarixus for testing and helping to fix bugs
      @nysadev for testing and helping to fix bugs
      @lukasb06 for helping to fix bugs, camera, gps
      @ananjaser1211 for helping to fix bugs

User Support
      Ultimate News Channel

After all i have worked so hard on this project to fix bugs, if you like my work you can press thanks button :)
      Changelog:

---------------
      2019-02-01
      ---------------
      • Internal Release
      Works with latest "Havoc-OS-v3.5-20200522-Official-GApps-arm64-aonly" (Android 10)
      Wiped everything with the treble-izer script, reboot, wiped partitions with change fs ext2-ext4, installed twrp-treble, reboot, installed kernel, system image and vendor (phone rebooted itself here), flashed vendor again and reboot system - success!
      I hope you crack the camera somehow. Amazing work you did here!!!
      tried this out and here are my testing results :D
      1. phh treble boots and works.
      2. pixel dust rom gsi just gets stuck on s6 edge screen and resets after 5 seconds
      3. bootleggers rom 3.0 boots and gets to the setup but then crashes and then restarts. after reading again i noticed it is a 8.1 rom. my fault :p
      4. rr7.0 gsi gets stuck on bootanimation and stays there forever :/