[A-ONLY][VENDOR + KERNEL][9.0] Project Treble For Samsung Galaxy S6/Edge[SM-G920-5X]

Search This thread

antauf

Mar 11, 2018
Fort Wood, Chattanooga, TN
Goodjob.. Give us a feedback about ur experience. Currently I'm on RR pie.. Not treble.
I'm thinking of buying a new phone with ab treble support. So that I can install much sGsi's in future. But haven't decided yet which one to buy.

I couldn't get phhusson's latest build of Q to boot, it just stays on the android loading screen. I wonder if there is a way to see what keeps it from booting all the way, maybe an equivalent to /var/log/syslog on GNU/Linux?
I'd love to help by sending logs but I just don't know where to look.
Also, I think HWC was fixed in some non-treble vendors for the S6, is there a way to merge changes into the treble vendor?
I too am thinking of buying an a/b phone just to flash treble roms and play around with them. I just switched to a Pixel 4 XL as my daily driver and I don't want to flash anything on it, the software is already perfect :)

Reactions: achkap

StkKhan

Dec 25, 2015
I couldn't get phhusson's latest build of Q to boot, it just stays on the android loading screen. I wonder if there is a way to see what keeps it from booting all the way, maybe an equivalent to /var/log/syslog on GNU/Linux?
I'd love to help by sending logs but I just don't know where to look.
Also, I think HWC was fixed in some non-treble vendors for the S6, is there a way to merge changes into the treble vendor?
I too am thinking of buying an a/b phone just to flash treble roms and play around with them. I just switched to a Pixel 4 XL as my daily driver and I don't want to flash anything on it, the software is already perfect :)

Hmm.. There must be a way to merge that hwc fix. But sadly don't know. I hope Enes find sometime for making us a new vendor here.
Ur new device is perfect ;)

lafferin

Mar 13, 2020
Works with latest "Havoc-OS-v3.5-20200522-Official-GApps-arm64-aonly" (Android 10)
Wiped everything with the treble-izer script, reboot, wiped partitions with change fs ext2-ext4, installed twrp-treble, reboot, installed kernel, system image and vendor (phone rebooted itself here), flashed vendor again and reboot system - success!
I hope you crack the camera somehow. Amazing work you did here!!!

derverOR

Jun 23, 2019
I will update the vendor once i get camera working fully
By the way, about the camera.
For example, on HavocOS 3.6, there is face unlock, the front camera is involved, and although the camera itself does not work (green screen), the protection itself works and is correct, other people can not log in to the device.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200708-214510.jpg
    Screenshot_20200708-214510.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 214
  • Screenshot_20200708-214454.jpg
    Screenshot_20200708-214454.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:

derverOR

Jun 23, 2019

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200807-163509.jpg
    Screenshot_20200807-163509.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 119
  • 2020-08-07-16-35-57-075.jpg
    2020-08-07-16-35-57-075.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 122
  • Screenshot_20200807-163600.jpg
    Screenshot_20200807-163600.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 116

derverOR

Jun 23, 2019
the camera doesn't shoot at its best, but it works!

Attachments

• 2020-08-07-16-57-35-927.jpg
    2020-08-07-16-57-35-927.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 110
  • 2020-08-07-16-44-00-769.jpg
    2020-08-07-16-44-00-769.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 114

malim20

May 19, 2014
@enesuzun2002

Is it possible to flash the android 10/11 GSI after flashing this? Is flashing this kernel and vendor *required* for installing other gsi?

Because I can't download from androidfilehost as it keeps on saying no mirrors found...So with this kernel and vendor for android 9, can we flash any GSI like android 10 and 11?

---

EDIT. I hope someone can re-upload the files, as it's impossible to download through androidfilehost...

Last edited:

malim20

May 19, 2014
Works with latest "Havoc-OS-v3.5-20200522-Official-GApps-arm64-aonly" (Android 10)
Wiped everything with the treble-izer script, reboot, wiped partitions with change fs ext2-ext4, installed twrp-treble, reboot, installed kernel, system image and vendor (phone rebooted itself here), flashed vendor again and reboot system - success!

Thanks for this. I'm new to this, so could you please explain... I already partitioned my vendor. So without flashing this kernel and vendor, we won't be able to use GSI's? The androidfilehost links show 'no mirror available' so I can't flash this. And when I tried to flash a android 10 GSI, it was looping on the samsung logo.

lafferin

Mar 13, 2020
Thanks for this. I'm new to this, so could you please explain... I already partitioned my vendor. So without flashing this kernel and vendor, we won't be able to use GSI's? The androidfilehost links show 'no mirror available' so I can't flash this. And when I tried to flash a android 10 GSI, it was looping on the samsung logo.

AFH sometimes bugs, try refreshing the download page, the mirrors are working. You will always have a boot-loop or get stuck at the samsung logo if you don't setup your vendor and kernel properly and use the correct architecture for GSIs- ARM64 for this device. GSI's are not device-specific ROMs!!! On top of that, some android 10 gsis just don't work on this device. I tried descendant x - it just loops on the logo and overheats my device. But even with the few gsis i did boot, i noticed battery drain, overheating, sluggish performance and the camera doesn't work on any of them which is a huge downer for me. I'm waiting for an update but enes doesn't seem to have been active lately with S6. I would suggest you stay away from gsi's as daily drivers until we get a working and stable vendor/kernel.

Star.H.CH

May 28, 2010
Ahvaz
S6 is best & fast phone , havoc os via gsi work on s6 & very fast, only some issue ,such as random restart & camera not work ,thanks to developers for build gsi kernel vendor on it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android-P.png

Disclaimer
    Code:
    [COLOR="black"]* This Vendor is made for Only S6 and S6 Edge!
    * Flash it at your own Risk!
    * Your warranty is VOID Knox flags 0x1
    * Read Instructions Carefully
    * I'm not responsible for damage to Any dead equipment or loss of warranty![/COLOR]

Before Starting Make Sure You Created Vendor Partition By This Guide
    [GUIDE][SCRIPT][TREBLE][SM-G920-5X] Project Treble for Galaxy S6/Edge

What is this?
    Vendor image and kernel for using with GSIs over XDA

What is working?
    • Wi-Fi & Hotspot (Fixing this was quite hard)
    • Telephony & Ril (Mobile Data, Calls, SMS, MMS)
    • NFC
    • Bluetooth
    • GPS
    • Fingerprint
    • All Sensors
    • 2D/3D Graphics + Vulkan
    • And probably everything else what is not working

What is not working?
    • Camera
    • VoLte
    • HWC (This bug is caused by something Google changed with Pie)

Download
    Vendor For Android 9.0-Pie GSIs
    Kernel For Android 9.0-Pie GSIs
    You can download an A only ARM64 Pie GSI from here

Kernel Source

Instructions
    1- Flash Vendor
    2- Flash Kernel
    3- Flash GSI as system_image on TWRP
    4- Reboot and start using your device

GSIs that we have tested and works fine
    [AOSP 9.0] Phh-Treble
    OmniP-arm64_aonly Gsi by @EnesSastim
    [9.0][GSI] PixelExperience P - UNOFFICIAL

Credits
    @corsicanu for helping me with repartitioning
    @Lunarixus for testing and helping to fix bugs
    @nysadev for testing and helping to fix bugs
    @lukasb06 for helping to fix bugs, camera, gps
    @ananjaser1211 for helping to fix bugs

User Support
    Ultimate News Channel

After all i have worked so hard on this project to fix bugs, if you like my work you can press thanks button :)
    Changelog:

---------------
    2019-02-01
    ---------------
    • Internal Release
    tried this out and here are my testing results :D
    1. phh treble boots and works.
    2. pixel dust rom gsi just gets stuck on s6 edge screen and resets after 5 seconds
    3. bootleggers rom 3.0 boots and gets to the setup but then crashes and then restarts. after reading again i noticed it is a 8.1 rom. my fault :p
    4. rr7.0 gsi gets stuck on bootanimation and stays there forever :/