• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question A question about CSC and Samsung

Search This thread

Amr Faried

Jan 22, 2015
This is just a question about Why does Samsung use different CSCs for different Countries? Not about a guide or how to

I have owned Sony, Oneplus and other different brands of smartphones, neither of them use the CSC "system", it is just 1 version of the software or the update that get pushed to all phones in different countries at the same day.

This is just a question for discussion.

galaxy16

Nov 14, 2011
Brunei Darussalam,Kuala Belait
This is just a question about Why does Samsung use different CSCs for different Countries? Not about a guide or how to

I have owned Sony, Oneplus and other different brands of smartphones, neither of them use the CSC "system", it is just 1 version of the software or the update that get pushed to all phones in different countries at the same day.

the diff bloat included i guess

Reactions: Amr Faried

varcor

Jul 15, 2017
San Diego
That's a very good question. Samsung makes special firmware for mobile operators in some countries to take advantage of all the Call Features and 5G support the Service Providers offer. It also leads to a lot of complications if you move to a different region, switch Service Provider's or aquire a device from a different region. It's ridiculous, Samsung offers 27 different S21 Variants. On top this add in all the different Carrier Branded Devices. That might push the total to 100 or more variants. Then when you think it can't get any worse they offer multiple chipsets adding further to the confusion. It's an absolute mess!

Reactions: Amr Faried

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

the diff bloat included i guess
    That's a very good question. Samsung makes special firmware for mobile operators in some countries to take advantage of all the Call Features and 5G support the Service Providers offer. It also leads to a lot of complications if you move to a different region, switch Service Provider's or aquire a device from a different region. It's ridiculous, Samsung offers 27 different S21 Variants. On top this add in all the different Carrier Branded Devices. That might push the total to 100 or more variants. Then when you think it can't get any worse they offer multiple chipsets adding further to the confusion. It's an absolute mess!