A Simple Way to Unlock Your Redmi 3/Pro's BootLoader Without Waiting SMS Verification

Search This thread

Dyt199412syam

Apr 17, 2016
Makassar
For you who want to unlock the beast Redmi 3/pro's without any verification from Xiaomi. You just have need to follow this guide. Here we go:

1. Firstly, you need to make a MI account on your Redmi 3/Pro/Prime.
2. Then you need too download China developer rom. Get it in http://bigota.d.miui.com/6.10.27/ido_xhdpi_images_6.10.27_20161027.0000.00_5.1_cn_8d2c94b352.tgz. Then flash it with Mi Flashtool. Find it on http://bigota.d.miui.com/tools/MiPhone20151028.exe. Then flash the on your 64 bit computer with Windows 7/8/10. And let it boot into home. Enter the developer options in settings and activate the adb debugging, fastboot unlock, and oem unlock.
3. And you need to install mi unlock tool from http://www.stechguide.com/mi-flash-unlock-tool-to-unlock-bootloader-of-xiaomi-devices/ on your computer.
4. After you install the mi unlock, run it as administrator and make sure your computer has an internet connection.
5. Input your Mi account and your password into it. Wait for verification in a few seconds and you can see "Unlock" button.
6. Enter the fastboot mode and connect it to your computer. Wait untill the computer read your device.
7. And click the "Unlock" buttons in Mi Unlock Tool. Wait untill the processing complete.
8. Reboot the phone and Haaaaaaaalp, you have unlocked bootloader device. :angel::victory:

Last edited:

SignedUpToSayThanks

Nov 6, 2016
Thanks.

Thanks for the guide (more specifically, thanks for the modified unlock tool). It worked for my Redmi 3 running Miui 8 Beta 6.11.3 (official download).
I never managed to file for permission because that damn site kept crashing or just redirecting me to pages that made no sense. Your post solved that problem for me, so thanks again.

Now I'm off to installing CM.

ruchimes

Jul 27, 2016
Trying in redmi 3S with the latest Fastboot ROM china developer but I can't

Mi flash error that says "Critical partition flashing is not allowed" and I have read that it's because of a locked bootloader

Dyt199412syam

Apr 17, 2016
Makassar
Trying in redmi 3S with the latest Fastboot ROM china developer but I can't

Mi flash error that says "Critical partition flashing is not allowed" and I have read that it's because of a locked bootloader

Please read carefully, this way is for redmi 3/pro only. Dont try this with your redmi 3s or you will brick your phone.

parphane

Apr 11, 2012
Strange that Mi Unlock Tool links to a .exe that asks the exact same procedure as Miui (requiring SMS verification).
Why not linking to the original Xiaomi website?
What else does this exe contains?
Anyone else has tested it?

Dyt199412syam

Apr 17, 2016
Makassar
Strange that Mi Unlock Tool links to a .exe that asks the exact same procedure as Miui (requiring SMS verification).
Why not linking to the original Xiaomi website?
What else does this exe contains?
Anyone else has tested it?

Mi unlock tool is an .exe format, that mean you can only run it in computer. Just download the .exe file and run it as administrator on your computer and you will unlock your bootloader. Of course after you flashed the developer rom on your device.

Last edited:

Rotpeter

Feb 8, 2016
I tried to do it the way described in the first post, but it doesn't work and just redirects me to miui.com.
THe Unlock Tool doesn't seem to be modified in any way compared to the original one. What am I doing wrong?

Dyt199412syam

Apr 17, 2016
Makassar
I tried to do it the way described in the first post, but it doesn't work and just redirects me to miui.com.
THe Unlock Tool doesn't seem to be modified in any way compared to the original one. What am I doing wrong?

You are right. There is no mod. You just download it from mi.com and run it. Its clear for you?

Rotpeter

Feb 8, 2016

You are right. There is no mod. You just download it from mi.com and run it. Its clear for you?

No it's not. The OP says it's possible to unlock the bootloader without the confirmation by Xiaomi. And that doesn't work. It wants to verify anyway and doesnt let me unlock the bootloader. Is there anything I'm doing wrong, or is the post just a little bit misleading?

Dyt199412syam

Apr 17, 2016
Makassar
No it's not. The OP says it's possible to unlock the bootloader without the confirmation by Xiaomi. And that doesn't work. It wants to verify anyway and doesnt let me unlock the bootloader. Is there anything I'm doing wrong, or is the post just a little bit misleading?

Did you flashed the developer rom that i linked it in the first? What device you have? redmi 3/pro or redmi 3s?

djerryx

Sep 17, 2016
hey bro thanks for tutor it worked but few a hour ago, i cannot unlock bootload it say couldnt verify device always stuck 50% after searching i have solution, i must instal mi pc suite to resolved. ok good job bro :good::good:

Go_to_sleep

Dec 17, 2012
No. Its fastboot rom dude.

Same here dude. I installed dev adb rom pointed in the link. Went in dev options and selected oem unlock, adb unlock and usb debb, fastboot mode. After opening mi unlock from this link and run it as admin it says that my device isn't supported by mi unlock. After you press go it points to official mi unlock procedure...

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone