• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

A simply way to show Ambient Display only on notification

Search This thread

ABSELT05

Mar 2, 2019
No notifications waiting makes the screen off and AOD not showing.
Recieving or already having a notification shows AOD.

On top of that you can select which apps are important to you to behave this way for their notifications and ignore others, also can be set similary for charging = on / not charging = off.

Yet it has no additional impact on battery of what AOD usually consume maybe it will use like additional 0.009% :confused:

1- Install Always On Edge App
2- in Main settings section -> enable With AOD invisible -> but show AOD on notifications.
3- Main settings -> required permissions -> notifications access
And optional permissions -> AOD lighting controller.
4- save.

And that is it no need to enable any other permission or feature. However, please note that if you enable edge lighting then timing will be applied.

Last edited:

saturday_night

Sep 7, 2016
Please stop making multiple threads just for free advertisment of your own App. One Thread should be more than enough. Also you should mention That its 5$ to use it this way.

Sometimes we dont have to follow rules, but we have to use our own brain. That is advertisment and unnesecery, everybody knows that xda has way too less mods and is allways searching for new ones. making a new thread just because one of the features of your app,think about it...you are going to need about 50 threads then.

Last edited:
Reactions: aabbbby

ABSELT05

Mar 2, 2019
@saturday_night Sorry it is not advertisement at all, the app is already well known. I read rules carefully but did not see any notes about those two points. Also a while ago got in conversation with a moderator about posting the same app in multiple forums instead of just one thread in apps&games forum and he said this is allowed. Also I'm not talking about the app in particularly to sum it in one thread, as the title indicate those two threads are for two different features/tips/workaround that can be made on pixel by this app and only by this app

Last edited:

moghm

Nov 22, 2009
Please stop making multiple threads just for free advertisment of your own App. One Thread should be more than enough. Also you should mention That its 5$ to use it this way.

Sometimes we dont have to follow rules, but we have to use our own brain. That is advertisment and unnesecery, everybody knows that xda has way too less mods and is allways searching for new ones. making a new thread just because one of the features of your app,think about it...you are going to need about 50 threads then.
Omg. Look who it is...what u doing here bro...

moghm

Nov 22, 2009
No notifications waiting makes the screen off and AOD not showing.
Recieving or already having a notification shows AOD.

On top of that you can select which apps are important to you to behave this way for their notifications and ignore others, also can be set similary for charging = on / not charging = off.

Yet it has no impact on battery maybe it will use like additional 0.009% :confused:

2- in Main settings section -> enable With AOD invisible -> but show AOD on notifications.
3- Main settings -> optional permissions -> AOD lighting controller.
4- save.

And that is it no need to enable any other permission or feature. However, please note that if you enable edge lighting then timing will be applied.

Thankyou for bringing this app to our attention. Been looking for something like this. Does the selfie camera illuminate with this app?

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

@saturday_night Sorry it is not advertisement at all, the app is already well known. I read rules carefully but did not see any notes about those two points. Also a while ago got in conversation with a moderator about posting the same app in multiple forums instead of just one thread in apps&games forum and he said this is allowed. Also I'm not talking about the app in particularly to sum it in one thread, as the title indicate those two threads are for two different features/tips/workaround that can be made on pixel by this app and only by this app

Bro keep posting. this guy has form and caused trouble in the other forums also.....

amico81

Aug 7, 2018
Homburg
3- Main settings -> optional permissions -> AOD lighting controller.
4- save.

What are i'm doing wrong? My AOD doesnt go on :confused:

Attachments

• b4.png
    b4.png
    171.9 KB · Views: 299
  • b3.png
    b3.png
    129.4 KB · Views: 305
  • b2.png
    b2.png
    139.8 KB · Views: 299
  • b1.png
    b1.png
    193.7 KB · Views: 283

too.stoopid

Jul 8, 2014
I had to enable notification access for the app to work. Otherwise the app didn't wake AOD when a notification came in.
Now it works beautifully BUT unfortunately the battery drain of AOD is the same as it is without the app. And that's with only a few messages coming in, meaning AOD is off most of the time.
Are you aware of this or is it just me?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201029-072242.png
    Screenshot_20201029-072242.png
    165.9 KB · Views: 188

Cholo981

Feb 25, 2008
Rome
www.tecnohunter.com
Is there any way to disable the localization of the app? The translation is terrible, and I can't find the settings.

Whatever I do, I only see the clock and the wheater info at the center of the screen.

Last edited:

ABSELT05

Mar 2, 2019
@too.stoopid Sorry about misexplaining I edited the post.
Without being a system privileged app can not turns AOD really off it just seems off for the seak of easily and clearly being aware of having notifications far from phone

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.