• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

A unique attempt to conserve battery... Think this will work

Search This thread

igotlostintampa

Oct 15, 2012
Hey guys! I'm new to the z3 and have been getting some awesome battery life out of this phone so far.. But I'm looking to improve it..

So I found a way to counteract any perceived lag on they phoneafterr turning on reduced performance for battery life so I could keep it on all the time... I lowered the resolution.

So don't get me wrong so far I am absolutely loving the phone and the display is just jaw dropping so far.. I really like everything about it... Well other than maybe the camera... But I figured I would post some settings from nomone in case you guys were looking for a little extra life..

To lower the phone to 720p it's 720x1280 at 240 spy to keep things looking ok, though it might push some things left it doesn't break the phone.

I have mine set at 360 currently.. Phone runs smoother than any phone I've ever had lol.... It's cool to see but I will probably turn it back to 720 as that at least wasn't too gigantic of a feel and it looks like my screen has started to wiggle a bit.. I'll play with it lol..

But if you wanna try 360 it's 360x640 at 140 dpi, oddly things work better than at 720 here so keep that in mind.. These are still works in progress..

I just figured while I know changing the resolution might not help so much but to seriously lessen the load from the gpu. There is a battery option we have in stamina mode to reduce performance, and it seems to also lower the display framerate... Try to play a 60fps video lol you will see a message saying stamina has lowered the frame rate for playback due to stamina mode...

I'll see if I can handle this 360 resolution..

I lost 1 percent battery in the past 30 minutes with the screen on so I hope it's helping :)

Hope this helps you guys too.. I'm in a bad signal area so I'm truly trying everything I can.

I'm kinda thinking if I lower the resolution this way enough I may be able to create a 3 bit pixelated dos like power saving app for the phone.. That way each pixel would only need to use one base color per pixel to generate a usable phone messaging and calling experience.. Let me know if anyone is interested in that lol

igotlostintampa

Oct 15, 2012
Nomone From the playstore... It's a root app.. Used it on stock. You'll need a new keyboard, xperias gets all kinda weird at any other resolution but the one the phone is set at... I use flesky.

igotlostintampa

Oct 15, 2012
After testing though, the battrry life difference was noticable only because of turning the power down through stamina, and then speed back up through resolution change... Think it helps as it also forces YouTube and more intensive apps to render out at a lower resolution.. Saving more power that way as your streaming a lower quality video sample as Max by default so you don't really have to think about it

igotlostintampa

Oct 15, 2012
Settings so far...

Guys what up my old nexus 6 charger works!!!! I love how fast my battery is charging now with the screen on aNd everything :)

Unfortunately I don't think I'll be giving up the speed of 480p for 1080 any time soon though... Which is really unfortunate and I'll have to do more tests to confirm the speed improvement. Anyways...

I removed the YouTube app, froze all T-Mobile apps, looked at wake lock and Jesus nuts hangouts you crazy... 2732 wake ups since my last charge an hour ago? I mean not for nothing but is it worse for the phone to be waking from deep sleep that frequently? That I don't know... But I'm curious.

Looking for a hangouts alternative that wasn't made for gingerbread!!! If anyone can help!!

I may be able to greenify it.... Need to remove it as a system app though.. Looking forward to that for the lulz.

But yeah 480p all things here greenified that can be, all bloat root frozen in case I need 'em back, YouTube replaced with lightweight alternative (was using too much battery, turbo tube seems to help but no background playback... Working on it) all stamina options on except image enhancement (because I like what it does to videos) screen brightness set a little below half way unless plugged in, bulkey keyboard replaced and removed, Zoe Ria wakelocks removed, HTC blink feed added for the lulz...

Tomorrow night I'll have a report for you guys on screen on time.. I'll try to use my phone as heavy as I can, I use 240gigs of data a month lol shouldn't be hard...

igotlostintampa

Oct 15, 2012
Screenshot_2015-05-27-22-35-41.jpg

igotlostintampa

Oct 15, 2012
Installed amplify and xposed into the device to help with battery today, dropped a few percent during installation.

Turned off double tap to wake to see if that helps too.

Top Liked Posts