• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

"A wireless radio must be attached..." -> a battery problem?

Search This thread

MoshPuiu

Jul 29, 2009
Calarasi
I am pretty sure that many people who are reading this topic have met the situation when the message:
"A wireless radio must be attached to use this phone" pop-up on PDA screen.

My question is: This situation could be battery related? We do not speak here about chip damaged, ROM update, SIM broken and so on...

Does anyone solved this problem by replacing battery?

If so, please post the phone name and if this happened even if it is charging or not!

MoshPuiu

Jul 29, 2009
Calarasi
Believe me that I tried all the solutions found on Internet (ROM update, tweak WM....). The only thing I didn't do was to reflash radio part because I did not find the appropiate file.

When the GSM died, also the vibrator stops to work. That's why I'm thinking to battery problem...

Also this kind of problem appears on many type of devices and on some forums was mentioned that may be a battery problem but no one confirmed it!

On the other hand my wife's LG has a very strange behaviour (were blocking, sudden reset). I send it to service LG and it cames back with diagnosis: It can't be repaired.
Lucky me that I found a very smart guy who did some tests on it and he replace the battery and nothing else and the phone works perfect from then...

That is why I'm telling you that battery could be a source of very unexpected problems and strange behaviours of phones.

G

GuestK00306

Believe me that I tried all the solutions found on Internet (ROM update, tweak WM....). The only thing I didn't do was to reflash radio part because I did not find the appropiate file.

When the GSM died, also the vibrator stops to work. That's why I'm thinking to battery problem...

Also this kind of problem appears on many type of devices and on some forums was mentioned that may be a battery problem but no one confirmed it!

On the other hand my wife's LG has a very strange behaviour (were blocking, sudden reset). I send it to service LG and it cames back with diagnosis: It can't be repaired.
Lucky me that I found a very smart guy who did some tests on it and he replace the battery and nothing else and the phone works perfect from then...

That is why I'm telling you that battery could be a source of very unexpected problems and strange behaviours of phones.

I have heard of people with radio issues replacing the battery & fixing the device. Why not pick up a replacement battery and try? It won't be expensive