A12 bugs?

Search This thread

dlb134

Oct 19, 2014
So I've clean flash a12 on my p5 and I've noticed a few annoying things;

. Selecting vibrate only shows no icon in status bar

. Music player gets stuck in notifications despite untoggling this function

. Battery seems to have taken a massive hit (granted it's only day 2, it may just be settling)

. Bluetooth audio seems to take longer to pair in my car

. WiFi toggle gets stuck on despite being deactivated

Is anyone else having any issues?

I'm otherwise loving the flow and detail of a12, just abit disappointed with these niggles.

V0latyle

Forum Moderator
Staff member

Not a bug, ring mode is no longer displayed in status bar
Swipe to one side, tap the settings icon, turn off "Pin Media Player"
. Battery seems to have taken a massive hit (granted it's only day 2, it may just be settling)
My battery life seemed a little higher on the A12 beta 5, it went back to normal after a day, I can easily last 24+ hours with casual use
Haven't noticed if it's taking any longer, Bluetooth seems to work normally
Do you have WiFi scanning enabled? System will automatically turn it on to detect networks and to assist coarse location

I'm otherwise loving the flow and detail of a12, just abit disappointed with these niggles.
Honestly I haven't noticed any issues specific to Android 12. I did notice my car's head unit stopped displaying track information with Android 11, but it came back with Android 12. I like the UI revamp, but I'm also in my mid 30s so I appreciate things that are designed to be a bit more ergonomic. Overall function is pretty much the same. My only frustration has been rooting the 12 final release, whereas the beta seemed simpler.

Reactions: andybones

dlb134

Oct 19, 2014

My battery life seemed a little higher on the A12 beta 5, it went back to normal after a day, I can easily last 24+ hours with casual use

Do you have WiFi scanning enabled? System will automatically turn it on to detect networks and to assist coarse location

Honestly I haven't noticed any issues specific to Android 12. I did notice my car's head unit stopped displaying track information with Android 11, but it came back with Android 12. I like the UI revamp, but I'm also in my mid 30s so I appreciate things that are designed to be a bit more ergonomic. Overall function is pretty much the same. My only frustration has been rooting the 12 final release, whereas the beta seemed simpler.

Think I found why I was having such battery drain....

Disabled the service 'Android system intelligence'. Do you.know what this is?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211022-102221.png
    Screenshot_20211022-102221.png
    196.5 KB · Views: 32

Krsmqn

Jan 23, 2012
OnePlus 7 Pro
Google Pixel 5
. Selecting vibrate only shows no icon in status bar - Haven't found an option to switch profiles yet.

. Music player gets stuck in notifications despite untoggling this function - Haven't noticed this issue.

. Battery seems to have taken a massive hit (granted it's only day 2, it may just be settling) - Isn't as advertised, for sure.

. Bluetooth audio seems to take longer to pair in my car - No noticeable difference for me.

. WiFi toggle gets stuck on despite being deactivated - This, I have noticed. Very annoying.

Overall, I feel that Android 12 is a downgrade, rather than an upgrade in so many areas. Hopefully the good folks at XDA will find fixes and customizations to offset this horrible mess of design and functionality.

I'm seriously considering going back to A11. If I wanted the customization level of an iPhone, I'd get an iPhone (no I wouldn't 😏)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.