• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question A12 How to unlock screen

Search This thread

59ctd

Sep 12, 2009
Lakeville, MN
We got my mother in law a new A12 about a week ago and yesterday she set up a screen lock pin thinking it was for one of her apps and then forgot the pin. Grrrr... How do I recover the phone? My wife is bringing the phone home here so I can figure out how to unlock or factory reset it. Can I reload the firmware using odin to recover the phone?

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
We got my mother in law a new A12 about a week ago and yesterday she set up a screen lock pin thinking it was for one of her apps and then forgot the pin. Grrrr... How do I recover the phone? My wife is bringing the phone home here so I can figure out how to unlock or factory reset it. Can I reload the firmware using odin to recover the phone?
Format data from recovery stock.

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Yeah that is what I figured. What keys to enter recovery mode and reset on the A12?
Tipically is pressing the PWR + vol up starting from device off, when device starts to vibrate and/or appears the Samsung logo hold the PWR button and keep pressing the vol button

59ctd

Sep 12, 2009
Lakeville, MN
So even after recovery /data format and restart and even with the SIM removed the phone wants the prior password. MIL has forgotten all the passwords and even her google account I cannot access anymore. Do I need to use ODIN to flash the latest stock A12 FW to somehow erase it's prior password cache?
1628886128084.png

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
So even after recovery /data format and restart and even with the SIM removed the phone wants the prior password. MIL has forgotten all the passwords and even her google account I cannot access anymore. Do I need to use ODIN to flash the latest stock A12 FW to somehow erase it's prior password cache?
View attachment 5385041
I guess that this is Samsung requesting to logging in the last Samsung account registered on the device.

Even if you or something else forgot the password, you can erase it ALWAYS that you are the owner, by entering in your Samsung and probably next to the Google account.

59ctd

Sep 12, 2009
Lakeville, MN
Not sure how to unlock it in setup. I think you are right in that it wants the samsung account password. She reset and forgot the screenlock, gmail, and samsung account passwords. I am about ready to give up on this phone it is 2 weeks and trying unpuck this carp is now taking more time $ than just buying a new A12
1628893974064.png

Last edited:

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Not sure how to unlock it in setup. I think you are right in that it wants the samsung account password. She reset and forgot the screenlock, gmail, and samsung account passwords. I am about ready to give up on this phone it is 2 weeks and trying unpuck this carp is now taking more time $ than just buying a new A12View attachment 5385155
She can check in her Google/Samsung account, she can recover it, probably she set up some kind of two-steps verification or linked this mail to another, or to a some phone number, there are various methods that allow actually recover a password.

The thing is that your issue is addressing to FRP, and this is not allowed in this Forum (although you can find some info about even here). But you have the tip there, the direction where to can guide you.

59ctd

Sep 12, 2009
Lakeville, MN
Thanks. FRP is new to me. I get it why this is not allowed. I'm giving up on this phone. It is amazing that she could basically destroy a new cell phone that is less than two weeks old. $200 paperweight now.

lewmur

Apr 30, 2011
Thanks. FRP is new to me. I get it why this is not allowed. I'm giving up on this phone. It is amazing that she could basically destroy a new cell phone that is less than two weeks old. $200 paperweight now.
If it is in warranty and she has proof of purchase, contact tech support at 1-800-samsung and they'll furnish a shipping label to send it to them and they'll unlock it.

Top Liked Posts