Development [A12][OFFICIAL]Evolution X for POCO F3[alioth]

Search This thread

Rorschach1010

Jan 14, 2018
Amazon Fire TV
Redmi Note 8
Yeah sometimes I'm wondering if it's normal that the battery is draining so fast. But I love evoX and isn't that bad for me.

It's good to know that I'm not the only one with this issue but since there are hardly any complaints (many users even praise the good battery on EvoX) I'm not sure if everyone is suffering with this. personally, I don't want to plug in my phone every day so I can't use Evo, sadly since I really like it. That's why I posted in here, hoping that someone knows why this even happens and if gapps are really the issue here.

Reactions: Noe367

mostafa asal

Jun 24, 2014
Xiaomi Poco F3
It's good to know that I'm not the only one with this issue but since there are hardly any complaints (many users even praise the good battery on EvoX) I'm not sure if everyone is suffering with this. personally, I don't want to plug in my phone every day so I can't use Evo, sadly since I really like it. That's why I posted in here, hoping that someone knows why this even happens and if gapps are really the issue here.
I really don't know what to tell you , but what happens with me is the ultimate opposite.
Any aosp rom i use including crdroid, i have to charge my phone twice a day. Nearly 30% of the battery is gone due to idle drain.
The only eom is good for battery back up as in my experience is miui eu.
But i keep going back to crdroid, bcuz i just love it.

Rorschach1010

Jan 14, 2018
Amazon Fire TV
Redmi Note 8
I really don't know what to tell you , but what happens with me is the ultimate opposite.
Any aosp rom i use including crdroid, i have to charge my phone twice a day. Nearly 30% of the battery is gone due to idle drain.
The only eom is good for battery back up as in my experience is miui eu.
But i keep going back to crdroid, bcuz i just love it.

Ironically, that's not the frist time I hear this either. Very strange indeed. As I said, I get almost full 2 days (48 hours) with crdroid so I can't say I get this issue with every aosp roms (and I never got such a good battery backup with miui). It's also not like I need to leave crdroid, actually it's the rom I use as a main since android 9 (as far as I remember, maybe even earlier). But as someone who likes to test other roms every now and then, it really bugs me that the battery life is so poor for me on some good roms when using them the same way as I do with crdroid.

Feb 18, 2015
I couldn't find a sound equalizer app on this ROM. Evolution X has always been one of my favorite custom ROMs and I really want to keep using it. Can someone guide me on how to install Dolby Atmos on this ROM? I've used a ported version of Motorolla Dolby Atmos on another custom ROM, and it was insanely good, can someone give a flashable version of that port?

mostafa asal

Jun 24, 2014
Xiaomi Poco F3
Right, thanks a bunch. Also, I've seen that in order to unlock the bootloader, an approval is needed from Xiaomi. Is it possible to unlock it without that? Would it cause any problems?
There's a modified version of mi unlock tool i used it once on my poco f1 back then, and it works really.
But i don't recommend it now. Things are getting more and more complicated now.
I suggest you to wait for the official unlock.

rondellborel

Nov 22, 2011
Port-Of-Spain
Does anyone else get very poor battery life in this (and actually all other roms with included gapps)? Many people seems to don't have this issue but I have tried EvoX and Derpfest multiple times now and always end up back at CRdroid simply because the battery drains totally within a day (and with crdroid I get like 48 full hours with the same usecases). The usecase compared to Crdroid is obviously the same with the same apps installed so the only differences are the included gapps and maybe the kernel (though I doubt that the kernel is the issue).

The strange thing is that when I check what uses most battery, it shows me some normal apps I use like news app or browser. When I uninstall that app and check back later, it shows some other app with 20% drain and so on. That's why I think its a gapps issue. AOD and other battery drains are deactivated, as I said, everything is configured like I do with crdroid.
I have exactly the same experience as you. I was using crdroid for about 2 months until an OTA update broke my system. I was constantly getting over 8 hours of screen on time, and if I just used it regularly, I would get 48 hrs out of it just like you.

Since the OTA messed up my system, I tried to do a clean reinstall but I ended up with weird issues after flashing gapps(I wanted to restore my system using google) so I ended up giving Evolution X a try. The ROM is really nice a fully-featured, but compared to the SOT of over 8 hrs with crdroid, I can barely get 5 hours with Evolution X, most of the time it's less than 5 hours, that's a real bummer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rorschach1010

Krishna16

Jul 5, 2015
Xiaomi Poco F3
Hello everyone. I applied for unlocking the bootloader on my Mi 11X more than a week ago and yet haven't received any email from Xiaomi. Is there anyway to check if my request has been granted?

hecc_itsme

Jun 13, 2020
Xiaomi Poco F3
My music (using YouTube Music) and played media in general has been pausing and stopping by itself after updating to v6.3.1, any fixes for this? It's quite annoying actually. I try to force quit YouTube music for some odd reason a few minutes later it starts playing again by itself, while when I'm playing a game or something it would just pause by itself and play itself again, and even when I turn on extreme battery saver which is supposed to pause all non-essential apps, my media still manages to find a way to play by itself.

The most infuriating thing is when I'm playing a rhythm game and a song suddenly plays...

LinuxUser100

Jul 1, 2014
2 newest versions seem to have some problem with A/B slots. Flash ROM -> Reboot to recovery -> Can't flash new ZIPs like kernel or DFE. If you change slots, you can flash ZIPs, but have no OS. Tried Orange Fox and TWRP.

It's weird, my OTG device can be seen from the slot without the OS but if I go to the slot with the OS installed it can't detect it.

LinuxUser100

Jul 1, 2014
2 newest versions seem to have some problem with A/B slots. Flash ROM -> Reboot to recovery -> Can't flash new ZIPs like kernel or DFE. If you change slots, you can flash ZIPs, but have no OS. Tried Orange Fox and TWRP.

It's weird, my OTG device can be seen from the slot without the OS but if I go to the slot with the OS installed it can't detect it.
Forget it. I'm an idiot. Flashed the EU 13.0.6 firmware and everything worked fine.

Mhmad Hany

Apr 5, 2013
Redmi Note 10 Pro
How to edit status bar icons padding it's a little bit far from corners?
Screenshot_20220603-114058_Chrome.png

oasis1701

May 11, 2022
Xiaomi Poco F3
Does this rom have enhanced voice typing of pixel 6?
if you go to gboard settings > voice dictation, can you turn on and off enhanced voice typing and auto punctuation?
Someone mentioned that this feature exists in evo, I want to be sure

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

EvoBanner.png

Evolution X 6.0 for the POCO F3 [alioth]

Code:
    /*

* Your warranty is void. Or vaild, probably?

* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, Ebolation X,

* thermonuclear war, or the current economic crisis caused by you following

* these directions. YOU are choosing to make these modificiations, and if

* you point your finger at me for messing up your device, I will LMAO at you.

*/

qE4kqsj.png

Living, Breaking, Keep Evolving.

Pixel UI, customization and more, we are Evolution X!

- Team Evolution X -

@joeyhuab

@peaktogoo (Now RealAkito)

Reach us on Twitter! @EvolutionXROM

RgqrlpK.png

What are our features?

- Just flash and check "The Evolver"

n6b8AXD.png

You tell me

DO NOT FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED

u5tIlfT.png

DO NOT FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED

gMGb8ee.png

First Time Install / Clean Flash
    1. Download the proper flashable ZIP for your device
    2. Reboot to Recovery (TWRP by Nebrassy recommended)
    3. ADB sideload/ Flash the zip
    4. Reboot to recovery
    5. Format Data (can also flash Magisk after this)
    6. Reboot to System and #KeepEvolving

Update / Dirty Flash
    1. Download the proper flashable ZIP for your device
    2. Reboot to recovery
    3. Flash the build using adb (decryption is broken on A12, magisk doesn't survive OTA or dirty flash)
    4. Reboot to System and #KeepEvolving

Light Screenshots / Dark Screenshots / Download

Donate to me! / Official Chat / Device Support

LU9gsrQ.png

Hello everyone,

First of all, I would like to wish you a happy 2022 with health and success. Now the main topic, updates. I usually make 2-3 updates per month, one a few days after security patch is merged and one at the end of the month. Since A12, Evolution X is merging security patch from pixel 6 which comes out a week later than the regular patches do, thus making it a bit harder for me to do my usual update cycle. I always want to have the first update of the month with the security patch merged but since it tales 1-2 weeks for it to be released by Googel and then merged, I decided to just do an update at the beginning and one at the end of month. This will start from month February if all goes well. New update will come out next week, hopefully with patch merged, with many new things and fixes and as always if you find any issues please tell me while providing logs and steps to reproduce said bugs/issues. From the next update and on, you will see an Adaptive Charging toggle in the battery settings, we haven't added support for Adaptive Charging, it's just there for you to disable.
    This is all I wanted to say, hope you have a nice weekend and don't forget to join official Evolution X group on telegram to be up-to-date (I am online there more than I am here).

Thanks for the support so far,
    DarkAngelGR
    Build will be uploaded shortly
    Does support turbo quick charge like Arrow os 12 ???

Stock charger & cable. Seem to support just fine

Screenshot_20211216-171007_AccuBattery.png
    Is there support for Always on Display (as this is a Super AMOLED display). Also how is battery life and everything else for you guys? Just bought the phone and I want to flash A12 Evo X. Any issues?
    It's been almost 2 weeks since I'm using it and I haven't got any problems as of now, the battery backup that it's giving me is excellent (I play Genshin Impact on the highest graphics and it doesn't drain the battery as quick as stock miui and other ROMs I tried), Idk the very very technical details of this ROM as such, but as a normal user, it's really awesome.....

Just a recommendation:
    Download this EvoX ROM version as it's the latest that the dev released and has the latest security patch of 5 Dec...
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/ev...-ota-sq1d.211205.016.a1-12261652.zip/download