Question A12: Quick Settings turn off

Search This thread

reaper000

Aug 3, 2009
OnePlus 9
Surely I can't be the only one that finds the larger quick settings tiles in Android 12 cumbersome to use quickly -- seems like I'm always having to swipe down a 2nd time to get access to the 3rd or greater QS tile in the the extended notification shade.

So is there a way someone here has used to get back to the pre-Android 12 quick settings tiles, a Magisk module perhaps?

Heck, I'd settle for a way to turn off (completely eliminate) native A12 quick settings tiles altogether as there's apps (like Notification Toggle) that can reproduce an old-style QS shade.

Any thoughts would be welcome...

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

cd993

May 8, 2009
London
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Surely I can't be the only one that finds the larger quick settings tiles in Android 12 cumbersome to use quickly -- seems like I'm always having to swipe down a 2nd time to get access to the 3rd or greater QS tile in the the extended notification shade.

So is there a way someone here has used to get back to the pre-Android 12 quick settings tiles, a Magisk module perhaps?

Heck, I'd settle for a way to turn off (completely eliminate) native A12 quick settings tiles altogether as there's apps (like Notification Toggle) that can reproduce an old-style QS shade.

One option could be to use Mi Control Center

This way you can make some configurations to the quick settings, which may not be to your likening but in ways can be made to reflect A11....

Give it a try!

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
I also have previously used and optionally paid for Bottom Quick Settings - Notification Customization and is one way to get WiFi/Mobile data QS of sorts back, but I think ultimately I couldn't get used to swiping up for QS, but it did work very well. Was a one-time fee, though; didn't have a yearly subscription like Mi Control Center. No offense, I just avoid apps I have to subscribe to.

reaper000

Aug 3, 2009
OnePlus 9

This way you can make some configurations to the quick settings, which may not be to your likening but in ways can be made to reflect A11....

Give it a try!
Thanks for the referral -- I installed Mi Control Center and subscribed to allow full access. While it comes darn close to what I want, I ultimately unistalled it because:
- even with root access, swiping up to get rid of the shade fully requires 2 swipes up (remember, one of my main objections was to avoid 2 swipes down)
- I also avoid subscription model software

But I do appreciate your suggestion

cd993

May 8, 2009
London
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Thanks for the referral -- I installed Mi Control Center and subscribed to allow full access. While it comes darn close to what I want, I ultimately unistalled it because:
- even with root access, swiping up to get rid of the shade fully requires 2 swipes up (remember, one of my main objections was to avoid 2 swipes down)

That's fair! I haven't ended up using it myself either and will see if perhaps another alternative presents itself at some point

Reactions: reaper000

ifly4vamerica

Jun 13, 2010
@Tulsadiver has a magisk mod that has 4x4 qs tiles. It's in the mods section of the 6 pro forum, look through the standalone mods post of his. It's on page 2 or 4. He is pretty cool so just ask him if you can't find it. I'll try and link it later but just wanted to post real quick to let you guys know.

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

ifly4vamerica

Jun 13, 2010
Screenshot_20211115-071629.png

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
My Bottom Quick Settings (tiles and notifications enabled) - very customizable and can still use third-party tools. This way I also disable almost all normal (top) Quick Settings, and when I'm on the home screen (you can see at the top of this screenshot), I use Nova Launcher's option to not display the status bar (I have Bottom Quick Settings enable a bottom status bar - which I admittedly wish I could customize, but still worth it to me).

FYI, I don't use Bottom Quick Settings' brightness slider, and still have to use the normal one because in BQS, manually adjusting turns off the adaptive brightness, whereas the normal brightness slider does not. I could probably just put a shortcut to the system Display/brightness settings, however, and use that instead - and might still be quicker than the normal top brightness slider that isn't available until you swipe twice/all the way down.

1636991036274.png

Reactions: reaper000

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I also have previously used and optionally paid for Bottom Quick Settings - Notification Customization and is one way to get WiFi/Mobile data QS of sorts back, but I think ultimately I couldn't get used to swiping up for QS, but it did work very well. Was a one-time fee, though; didn't have a yearly subscription like Mi Control Center. No offense, I just avoid apps I have to subscribe to.

Give it a try!

Give it a try!

That's fair! I haven't ended up using it myself either and will see if perhaps another alternative presents itself at some point