• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[A12][S][A20/A20e]OctaviOS 3.0 Unofficial

Search This thread

K4stic

Dec 1, 2021
Samsung A20e (A202F) NFC doesn't work
Bank app sees it like available but doesn't work ( hope it will be fixed in next build )

everything else works perfect.

Khalinon

Jul 9, 2020
the firmware is very fast and productive. one but. I would like to be able to swap the buttons of the navigation bar, as well as enhance their vibration, it is not

maleborgia

Dec 20, 2014
i flash the rom and i am just getting a black screen and i can not go back to twrp or to anything???? what can i do

JTKGTS

Oct 18, 2021
After flashing my phone is automaticly booting into recovery mode and stuck on recovery boot screen.

(I am using Orangefox.)

Crrrr

Hello, after flashing my A20e (A202F) is stuck either at the start at the Samsung logo or after it boots all I get is a lighted black screen. I tried restarting the phone several times and I tried installing this custom rom 2 times. After installation I am never able to get back into TWRP.

I suspect I may have a problem with the custom Eureka kernel, because I tried a few custom roms for A20e based on the Eureka kernel and I always have the same problem. Moreover, I never had this problem with GSIs (which do not have a kernel).

So, each time I tried installing this rom or a rom based on the Eureka kernel I started from the custom rom, phone unlocked.

Afterwards, I installed with Odin (in the AP field) TWRP, as I did with other GSIs, did a clean wipe (cache, dalvik, data, system) and then flashed your rom and rebooted to system. A second time after flashing I rebooted to TWRP, then rebooted to system, but the same result, basically a soft brick.

Apart from this custom rom, I also tried the following:

Could you please tell me if I need to do some additional steps in order to solve this?

For example, was I required to root the phone with Magisk before flashing the custom rom? At least with the latest version of the stock rom Magisk is not able to patch boot.img. I remember that with an older version of the stock rom I was able to root with Magisk, but I don't remember if it was Android 10 or 11...

Last edited:

Crrrr

For bricked devices or in boot loop

To go to download mode

Normal method
1. Turn off phone
2. Hold down both volume keys
3. Plug in computer

Bootlooping
1. Plug in to computer
2. Hold down both volume keys

For a difficult phone
1. Connect usb to computer but not to phone
2. Hold down all 3 keys
3. When it buzzes release power and quickly plug in usb to phone.
It might take a few times to get it right.

If it's REALLY BAD
1. Wait for the battery to completely run down and use normal method.

Once in download mode you can flash the stock rom.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    photo_2021-10-18_01-03-12.jpg

OctaviOS is an AOSP based rom focusing on Unique and Smooth UI with handy features. OctaviOS is a reborn of pie based PearlOS.
    Code:
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone by installing any custom ROMs and/or kernels.
    * You do it at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself and you are not to blame us or XDA and its respected developers.

CLEAN FLASH :
    -Reboot to recovery
    -Take Backup (Not Necessary)
    -Wipe System, Vendor, Cache, Dalvik Cache and Data
    -Flash the ROM
    -Flash Gapps (optional)
    -Flash magisk (optional)
    -Reboot

Download:
    DOWNLOAD A20
    DOWNLOAD A20e

Credits:

-Lineage OS
    -AOSP
    -Superior OS
    -Pixel Experience
    -Extended UI
    -Havoc OS
    -CrDroid ROM
    -Fluid OS
    -Others, I forgot to mention

Source:
    OctaviOS Source

pngaaa.com-2531679.png

Telegram Support Group
    Telegram Device Group

REPORTING BUGS!
    As soon as the problem occurs, take a logcat!
    for more READ THIS

OctaviOS for Samsung Galaxy A20/A20e
    Device:
    a20/a20e
    Maintainer: Eureka-Team
    Build Type: Unofficial

Kernel Source: https://github.com/Chatur27/Eureka-Kernel-Exynos7885-Q-R

ROM OS Version:
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.4.288
    ROM Firmware Required: Must be on Latest Firmware (OneUI2.0/3.0)
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Testing / Beta / WIP
    Current Version: 3.0
    SELinux Status: Enforcing
    Release Date: 2021-10-18
    Keen to try this. Anything not working? BT calls? NFC?
    Everything works. Except when I'm using USB DAC it can detect it but cannot output the media through it.
    I flash the dm-verity file right after I do a clean wipe. Then I flash the ROM, Google apps and Magisk.

It works for me that way.
    didnt see this but ill try this now and lyk
    I flash the dm-verity file right after I do a clean wipe. Then I flash the ROM, Google apps and Magisk.

It works for me that way.
    final update did some wacky things and got it working (y)