Recommended to use Orange Fox to format and TWRP to install GSIs
1. Install Orange Fox
2. Decrypt the data (Format and run multidisabler twice)
3. Reboot to recovery (not just reboot)
4. Install TWRP recovery.img into recovery partition.
5. Reboot to recovery.
Extract recovery.img from tar file
If you have already installed recovery and decrypted.
1. Boot to recovery.
2. Install recovery.img
3. Choose recovery partition
4. Reboot to recovery
(For Pitch-black just install the zip)
1. Download firmware
2. Extract ap file.
3. Patch with special magisk
4. Flash with Odin
5. Download recovery.img
6. Install TWRP app
7. Install TWRP
8. Choose file to flash.(don't select device)
9. Select recovery.img.
10. Reboot to recovery.
Go to part B
1. Download recovery tar
2. Connect phone to PC
3. Go to Download mode
4. Flash recovery tar into ap with Odin
Part B (You may need to change data partition to ext4 first if format ruins your system)
7. Reboot to recovery.
8. Wipe, format data, type YES.
9. Advanced, terminal.
10.Type multidisabler (twice).
11.Reboot to recovery
12. Flash Magisk for root(only for method 3)
13. Backup boot, data, super and dtbo
Most recovery issues can be solved by attending to the following issues.
1. Did you root using the full ap file patched with the special a217 magisk? (This contains the patched boot.img and vbmeta.img)
2. Did you then go all the way through the setup process?