Development [A13]Evolution X for POCO F3/Mi 11x[alioth][OFFICIAL]

Search This thread

johnr64

Mar 27, 2021
Hi @DarkAngelGR:cool:,

I hate to ask, but is there away to have a notification on my F3 when you have updated this great rom,

many thanks again for this awesome rom and for all your hard work (y)(y),

Johnr64.

raizzen

May 20, 2022
Good morning ,

I have a problem sending the screen to the television

when I do it, the service gives an error when pairing the TV.
there is some way to fix it

and also when opening the 3dmark program when accessing Wild life it does not open and if I hide it in magisk it tells me that the device is not compatible, on the other hand with another test it works correctly

and finally if you use the 3 buttons in the gesture when you lock the phone and access again the 3 buttons are pulled down.

but it's a good functional rom and for games it's spectacular

regards.

lapirado

Aug 25, 2015
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi Poco F3
Yesterday flashed the last build. Everything went fine. I have setting up the device and all was working good, then flashed magisk. Phone boots, but soon as it enter the system, the screen blinked a few times and went off. I've think that it could be for flash a old version of magisk (23. The one that I had in my device). So I have dirty flashed rom again, and this time with magisk add-on of dfe neo. Same behaviour. I ended up quitting and returned to other a12 rom.
What I have done wrong there? Seemed like magisk break up the system or the ui, I don't know.

johnr64

Mar 27, 2021
Yesterday flashed the last build. Everything went fine. I have setting up the device and all was working good, then flashed magisk. Phone boots, but soon as it enter the system, the screen blinked a few times and went off. I've think that it could be for flash a old version of magisk (23. The one that I had in my device). So I have dirty flashed rom again, and this time with magisk add-on of dfe neo. Same behaviour. I ended up quitting and returned to other a12 rom.
What I have done wrong there? Seemed like magisk break up the system or the ui, I don't know.
As this is a major update did you Format Data, from orange fox recovery buy typing YES in the the dustbin icon at the bottom of the screen ????, if your still having issue you could try my post on page 1

lapirado

Aug 25, 2015
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi Poco F3
As this is a major update did you Format Data, from orange fox recovery buy typing YES in the the dustbin icon at the bottom of the screen ????, if your still having issue you could try my post on page 1

Thanks for the reply.
No, I've just wiped it. I've thought that could solve, but takes a lot of time to backup all that I need.
The strange thing is that rom booted fine, and I've messed it up in her a little bit (have configured it all). All without any issue. That behaviour started when I flashed magisk.

johnr64

Mar 27, 2021
Thanks for the reply.
No, I've just wiped it. I've thought that could solve, but takes a lot of time to backup all that I need.
The strange thing is that rom booted fine, and I've messed it up in her a little bit (have configured it all). All without any issue. That behaviour started when I flashed magisk.
I`m glad you got it sorted(y), I like to be on almost stock firmware when trying a major android update, it saves me a lot of time in the long run especially when apps start playing up, I`ve been playing with custom roms for years, starting with the HTC Wildfire and have been there before.

Last edited:

lapirado

Aug 25, 2015
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi Poco F3
I`m glad you got it sorted(y), I like to be on almost stock firmware when trying a major android update, it saves me a lot of time in the long run especially when apps start playing up, I`ve been playing with custom roms for years, starting with the HTC Wildfire and have been there before.
Beside that obligatory 7 days of waiting to unlock bl, I never returned to stock (and not pretending to return, as I didn't liked miui). And all roms flashed (and it already goes on dozens, on alioth) went fine, beside one or two that didn't boot. Specially when I tried to go to A11.
In that case of Evo, I guess something in Magisk, or in the rom, have broken.
So I guess I'm gonna stick in 12 some more days or weeks. Let's see the evolution.
I flashed my first cyanogen on my elder galaxy s3. Have lost so many hours bricking and unbricking there ahahah then I've stopped flashing when I bought oneplus 3. Have returned around 3 years later (flash roms on OP3 is so easy, damn). Now in alioth I'm full power on flashing again. Best device to try roms, as almost all of them are available to our beloved device.
Cheers from Portugal mate 🥂

johnr64

Mar 27, 2021
Beside that obligatory 7 days of waiting to unlock bl, I never returned to stock (and not pretending to return, as I didn't liked miui). And all roms flashed (and it already goes on dozens, on alioth) went fine, beside one or two that didn't boot. Specially when I tried to go to A11.
In that case of Evo, I guess something in Magisk, or in the rom, have broken.
So I guess I'm gonna stick in 12 some more days or weeks. Let's see the evolution.
I flashed my first cyanogen on my elder galaxy s3. Have lost so many hours bricking and unbricking there ahahah then I've stopped flashing when I bought oneplus 3. Have returned around 3 years later (flash roms on OP3 is so easy, damn). Now in alioth I'm full power on flashing again. Best device to try roms, as almost all of them are available to our beloved device.
Cheers from Portugal mate 🥂
Hi,
I am very happy with Evolution-x A13, i haven`t had any major issues and magisk 25.2 is working fine for me, but then i don`t use all the bells and whistles these latest phones have to offer.

I don`t like Miui and hate being restricted by manufactures.

I use my samsung watch as a trusted device to keep my phone unlocked, but Miui will only except Miui devices,
i also use AccA to maintain my battery (Requires Root).

I used custom roms on my Wildfire, S2, S3, G2, G4, G7,

I opted for the F3 because i wanted a phone that would have lots of interest on XDA and it was easy to unlock the boot loader,
I also got a good deal from A*M*Z*N UK.

Back to your F3,

You could try staring from a clean install of the Xiaomi.eu V12,

Cheers from your buddy in the UK:)

Hello everyone,

I'd like to start by thanking the devs for this ROM. Seems really polished and works well.

I encountered an issue after flashing though.

My bluetooth earbuds will connect but won't play audio. I tried resolving the issue by disabling bluetooth A2DP hardware offload but the switch remains off after rebooting the device.

Not knowing how to properly provide a log does not help my case but is there a solution available to this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: It also happens while using wired headphones through the 3.5 to C adapter.

Last edited:

johnr64

Mar 27, 2021
Hello everyone,

I'd like to start by thanking the devs for this ROM. Seems really polished and works well.

I encountered an issue after flashing though.

My bluetooth earbuds will connect but won't play audio. I tried resolving the issue by disabling bluetooth A2DP hardware offload but the switch remains off after rebooting the device.

Not knowing how to properly provide a log does not help my case but is there a solution available to this issue?

Thanks in advance.
Hi,
I just tried a cheapy pair of bluetooth head phones (I7 TWS) and a bluetooth speaker (JY 9), i have no issues with audio not playing,

you could try re-installing V13.0.4.0.SKHMIXM, from orangefox recovery,

I made A Post, on how i installed this great rom (y)(y)(y)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: gombasm
Hi,
I just tried a cheapy pair of bluetooth head phones (I7 TWS) and a bluetooth speaker (JY 9), i have no issues with audio not playing,

Thank you for your reply.

Considering I was using the EU version of the firmware I thought your suggestion would resolve the issue.

To be clear without going for the clean install route I tried flashing the Global firmware V13.0.4.0 to no avail.

After going through your post I can verify that I followed the exact same procedure when flashing the device so I am not actually sure what might be causing the issue I'm having.

If I have enough time today I might go for a clean install again but ideally, I'd like to keep the current setup of the device.

Reactions: johnr64

johnr64

Mar 27, 2021

Considering I was using the EU version of the firmware I thought your suggestion would resolve the issue.

To be clear without going for the clean install route I tried flashing the Global firmware V13.0.4.0 to no avail.

After going through your post I can verify that I followed the exact same procedure when flashing the device so I am not actually sure what might be causing the issue I'm having.

If I have enough time today I might go for a clean install again but ideally, I'd like to keep the current setup of the device.
Hi,
Things have moved on regarding making a complete system backup:( from recovery and being able to restore it.

With update 09191406, I had to "format data" from orangefox and re-install all my apps,

I use Nova launcher and a previous Nova backup to re-install all my home screen apps, that save me a lot of time and bother.

My F3 is the Euro version (brought in the UK) with 8gb Ram & 256 Rom and it came with EEA firmware out of the box.

Following my previous install instruction (Almost returned to stock firmware) all is working great including my banking apps,

one thing i have noticed is some of my previous apps don`t work correctly, Super Backup Premium(unable to locate my installed apps) & two Camera apps (force close), i guess that`s because of A13,

Install nova launcher, save a backup file, copy your important files to a safe place, i use a OTG adaptor and USB Memory stick,

Format data, re-install you apps, happy days,

Again a big thank you to DarkAngelGR(y)(y)(y)

Reactions: jackaros
Hi,
Things have moved on regarding making a complete system backup:( from recovery and being able to restore it.

With update 09191406, I had to "format data" from orangefox and re-install all my apps,

I use Nova launcher and a previous Nova backup to re-install all my home screen apps, that save me a lot of time and bother.

My F3 is the Euro version (brought in the UK) with 8gb Ram & 256 Rom and it came with EEA firmware out of the box.

Following my previous install instruction (Almost returned to stock firmware) all is working great including my banking apps,

one thing i have noticed is some of my previous apps don`t work correctly, Super Backup Premium(unable to locate my installed apps) & two Camera apps (force close), i guess that`s because of A13,

Install nova launcher, save a backup file, copy your important files to a safe place, i use a OTG adaptor and USB Memory stick,

Format data, re-install you apps, happy days,

Again a big thank you to DarkAngelGR(y)(y)(y)
Hi,

I get it, I miss the days when you could just make a backup of all apps and their data using Titanium Backup and then just restore it. I use Nova Launcher too and can confirm that it is quite easy to restore non-installed apps once you restored your Nova backup.

Unfortunately, this will have to wait till tomorrow. I'll get everything set up today and flash the phone tomorrow after work.

Edit: Took the time and flashed everything today. Still no audio via bluetooth. Followed all the steps as per your guide.

Thank you very much for your time, you helped me quite a lot!

Last edited:

gombasm

Sep 20, 2013
Google Nexus 4
Huawei P30 Pro
Hi,

Many thanks for you for this advice!

I have the same issue with bluetooth (no any sound from BT, but the contact works: on/off, vol +/-, etc. all works without sound...) and after the FW installed (from OrangeFox) it is all OK!

I've installed this newest version of ROM without format data, so it is possible this issue came from dirty install. All of other functions are working well.

I use this amazing rom as my daily driver without any problem - thanks it for the developers!

Top Liked Posts

Literally zero problems with the bluetooth. At least when it comes to listening music over earbuds.
    I have been saying that since android 13 came out. People don't use Bluetooth a lot and they turn it on to check and it works. But it eventually will always fail if you use it daily. All of the android 13 roms do it except for crdroid and Lineage 20 maybe lineage I didn't stay on it long enough. It sucks and no one listens because it works at first and then fails. Once it crashes theres nothing to bring it back either. I have tried deleting data and resetting it but nothing works. Android 13 seems pretty stable already but I have to stay on 12.1 for bluetooth sucks.
    yes....It's really important to me that the bluetooth works properly
    Hi All,
    Looks like the next update for this AMAZING ROM is just around the corner,
    Screen shot taken from the offical Evo-x alioth Telegram Channel :D:D
    Anyone know if this rom is still being developed? Bcause it seems the dev was last seen here on sept 8th...
    Would be a shame.
    Hi,
    Just checked the Telegram Evolution-X Alioth/Poco F3 channel and DarkAngelGR was active at 12.12 UK time,

the last update was 02-11-2022, build 7.2 and it works GREAT,

Why update something thats almost perfect,

what was funny is that some decided to impersonate DarkAngelGR on the Official Evolution-X Telegram page and claimed that there was a NEW Build and posted a link to a Youtube page that had nothing to do with this AMAZING ROM
    many thanks DarkAngelGR:cool:
    Hi, fresh clean. Custom or inbuild, all the same problem. No sound.
    Safest way to check errors like this is to go back to stock rom. If the error persists there, the you got a hardware issue. If not, a clen flash of any custom rom should fix it.
    I clean flashed EvoX and have no trouble with sound at all.
    Hi, fresh clean. Custom or inbuild, all the same problem. No sound.
    Hi,
    Very strange, i have no issues with anything on this Amazing Rom and always use my instructions that i have linked below
    to restore my phone after i have tried different Roms for fun.

I have had some strange issues with this rom and others, resulting in APP issues and soft bricks (Stuck in Fastboot).

I have found that returning to a almost STOCK using XIAOMI.EU V12 (Fastboot) Rom, has always fixed my corruption issues and restored my phone back in working condition.

You could always try my install instructions on Page 1.

I hope you sort it :)

EvoBanner.png

Evolution X 7.0 for the POCO F3 [alioth]

Code:
    /*

* Your warranty is void. Or vaild, probably?

* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, Ebolation X,

* thermonuclear war, or the current economic crisis caused by you following

* these directions. YOU are choosing to make these modificiations, and if

* you point your finger at me for messing up your device, I will LMAO at you.

*/

qE4kqsj.png

Living, Breaking, Keep Evolving.

Pixel UI, customization and more, we are Evolution X!

- Team Evolution X -

@joeyhuab

@peaktogoo (Now RealAkito)

Reach us on Twitter! @EvolutionXROM

RgqrlpK.png

What are our features?

- Just flash and check "The Evolver"

n6b8AXD.png

Lack of some features

DO NOT FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED

u5tIlfT.png

DO NOT FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED

gMGb8ee.png

First Time Install / Clean Flash
    1. Download the proper flashable ZIP for your device
    2. Reboot to recovery
    3. Flash the ROM
    4. Flash recommended Firmware
    5. Reboot to recovery
    6. Format data
    7. Reboot to system #KeepEvolving

Update / Dirty Flash
    1. Download the proper flashable ZIP for your device
    2. Reboot to Recovery
    3. Flash the ROM
    4. Reboot to System and #KeepEvolving

Light Screenshots / Dark Screenshots / Download

Donate to me! / Official Chat / Device Support

LU9gsrQ.png

Hey everyone, hope you are all doing well and enjoying your summer.

I forgot to make the post for the release of A13 based Evolution X on XDA for POCO F3 so here it is.

Download here
    Changelog here
    Recommended Firmware here
    OFRP recovery (with A13 decryption) here

For donations (Donations above 5$ get you access to pre-release builds one week before they go public just give me your telegram username, donations will also help me with server costs for development):
    PayPal
    Ko-fi
    Patreon

Hope you all enjoy the Public Beta release, kindly report any bugs with the required logcats and steps on how to reproduce the bug
    Download link will be available this Sunday. Screenshots will be shared at later time
    (REVISED INSTALL INSTRUCTION 05-11-2022)

OTG is no longer Now working with Orangefox recovery.

To overcome the OTG showing 0MB or .., remove the OTG adaptor,
    reboot into OF Recovery, re-connect your OTG adaptor and
    tap ☰ in the bottom right of the main screen to open the MENU,
    open Mount, tap USB-STORAGE (wait 5 seconds) the (USB-STORAGE background will turn black), shortly after the check box will enabled, many thanks to
    Rafsf for the Workaround.

Hi,
    I would like to first say a big thank you to

@DarkAngelGR (y)for this AMAZING rom,​

I was using the Descendant rom previously but sadly the development has stopped and I was itching to try A13.

I have been using your rom for the last 7 days and i have been amazed.

Like most users I was searching for a fast, stable and refined rom with the latest security patches and no bugs, yours has all this and comes with the added bonus of OTA updates(y)(y),

the EvolutionX rom has turned out to be perfect for me:love:.

I have not found any bugs, but then i don`t use all the bells and whistles that this phone has to offer.

After moving from the Descendant 12.1 rom and following your install instruction listed above my F3 would re-boot back into Descendant rom (Very Strange), was it due to using the wrong slot at re-boot??.

I have had similar install issues before and reverting back to the Xiaomi.eu A12 rom and starting from a clean install fixed my F3.

Preinstall notes,

The Bootloader needs to be unlocked and USB drivers installed.

Rom installation

1. Start with a clean install of the Xiaomi.eu V12. Download and Unzip Xiaomi.eu V12 rom and install via FASTBOOT.

1a. To enter Fastboot mode, turn off your F3 and hold down the Volume down & power buttons together until you see Fastboot.

1b. Using a PC, Run the .bat file: windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat
    and complete the initial install.

2. On the Miui 13 screen, disconnect and reconnect your F3 from the PC and choose file/folder transfer.

3. Download the latest evolution_alioth-ota-rom build from here, once complete copy into the F3`s internal memory or a USB Memory stick.

4. Download V13.0.8.0.SKHEUXM and once again copy into the F3`s internal memory or a USB Memory stick.

5. (Optional) If you require Root, download Magisk-v25.2.apk and again copy into the internal memory or a USB Memory stick.

Safety net passes without intervention, if you don`t require Root.

6. Reboot the F3 into Fastboot mode as above and using a PC,
    Download, unzip and run RUN_TWRP-Orange Fox FIXED.bat,

from the menu, choose 2) Install OrangeFox Recovery.

the original EvolutionX Recovery Mode is still intact to enable OTG updates.

PLEASE NOTE THAT OTA UPDATES WILL NOT INSTALL WHEN (permanent) ORANGEFOX RECOVERY IS INSTALLED

7. in Orangefox install all the above downloaded files from the internal memory or a USB Memory stick using a OTG Adaptor, once completed format data using the🗑️/Wipe Menu and select Format Data by typing YES, the F3 will re-boot automatically (JOB DONE, LET THE FUN BEGIN).

8. i had issues with Santander and Tesco Pay+ banking apps detecting Magisk, i fixed this by Renaming Magisk and adding my apps to the deny list from within Magisk, I then used SD MAID to freeze "HIDE" the renamed Magisk from my banking apps.

Optional:

If you are planning to use Magisk/Root after the OTA update, then unfreeze magisk from within SD Maid before you update your F3,
    once the
    OTA has completed to re-apply root follow steps 5,6, and install via Temporary Orangefox then re-boot and re-freeze your renamed magisk.

This rom is now my daily driver and for anyone wanting to know how fast this rom is,

my AnTuTu score using Evolution X ver: 7.2 220804.031 is 671225

Other AnTuTu scores were,
    Descendant 12.1 708922
    Arrow O/S A12, 679090
    Xiaomi.eu V12-12, 661033

My Poco F3 is the 8gb/256gb EU version,

Thanks again DarkAngelGR(y) (y) (y) (y) for this awesome rom and Rafsf for the OTG fix,

Johnr64.
    No man, this is for the f4
    Bro sarcasm is good but here it can cost someone their device. Choose topics for sarcasm carefully.