Development [A13]Evolution X for POCO F3/Mi 11x[alioth][OFFICIAL]

Search This thread

johnr64

Mar 27, 2021
Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I get it, I miss the days when you could just make a backup of all apps and their data using Titanium Backup and then just restore it. I use Nova Launcher too and can confirm that it is quite easy to restore non-installed apps once you restored your Nova backup.

Unfortunately, this will have to wait till tomorrow. I'll get everything set up today and flash the phone tomorrow after work.

Edit: Took the time and flashed everything today. Still no audio via bluetooth. Followed all the steps as per your guide.

Thank you very much for your time, you helped me quite a lot!
Hi Jackaros,
Gombasm had the same issue, (his post is above),
i can only suggest a clean install,

complete the initial installation before you add any of your apps and check your bluetooth is working ❔.

As your aware my F3 is the EU Version purchased in the 🇬🇧 with 8gb/256gb ram/rom and i have no issues with my bluetooth.

I hope you sort it,

thank you again to DarkAngelGR for this Awesome rom:love:

Last edited:
Hello again,

Since yesterday when I did a clean install I could not get the earphones to work.

Don't know if it had something to do with my specific earphones (I have the Sony WF-1000XM4) but I managed to get it working.

The only thing I did was to download the firmware from the link you provided instead of my downloaded zip.

Both were the latest version of the global firmware but the one I had previously flashed had a few extra letters in the file name (will edit from my pc later and insert the proper file names)

After dirty flashing the new firmware file they started working

To get them to work properly I had to switch from the "optimise for sound quality" option to "optimise for better connection" within the Sony headphones app. This can be useful for troubleshooting considering the "optimise for sound quality" option automatically detects the Codec used.

I still had some issues with voice recording on some apps like WhatsApp and Instagram though which is weird because it even happens with no earphones connected.

Reactions: Apeek7 and johnr64

lapirado

Aug 25, 2015
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi Poco F3
Hi,
I am very happy with Evolution-x A13, i haven`t had any major issues and magisk 25.2 is working fine for me, but then i don`t use all the bells and whistles these latest phones have to offer.

I don`t like Miui and hate being restricted by manufactures.

I use my samsung watch as a trusted device to keep my phone unlocked, but Miui will only except Miui devices,
i also use AccA to maintain my battery (Requires Root).

I used custom roms on my Wildfire, S2, S3, G2, G4, G7,

I opted for the F3 because i wanted a phone that would have lots of interest on XDA and it was easy to unlock the boot loader,
I also got a good deal from A*M*Z*N UK.

Back to your F3,

You could try staring from a clean install of the Xiaomi.eu V12,

Cheers from your buddy in the UK:)
OK, now I figured it out. The cause for the issue was really magisk. Because I'm old school and wanted to stay on v23 lol with 25.2 it's all working fine. So it stays the warning, don't flash v23 (at least) on A13 or it will break the system. And flash other version on top doesn't solve. Only a dirty/clean flash.

About the manufacturer restrictions, I feel you. I didn't liked the fact that we have to wait for one week to unlock bootloader. Like... Wth?? I didnt knew yet miui. And after try I don't wanna go back to her, ever lol I feel a bit tempted with some miui mods... But the offer of aosp is way sufficient, so I'm gonna stick with it.

Cheers mate. Have a great day.

spaha-bih

Feb 16, 2012
Sarajevo
F3 is Godsend. So happy I went with f3 instead of Mi 11.

Eagerly waiting for the next update and then I will switch to A13.

johnr64

Mar 27, 2021
F3 is Godsend. So happy I went with f3 instead of Mi 11.

Eagerly waiting for the next update and then I will switch to A13.
HI,
I also love my F3💕, i searched long and hard for a replacement for my LG G7 as LG had left the smartphone market:cry:, I chose the F3 because it was great value for money for the specifications, came with two years 🇬🇧 warranty and a amazing XDA community and lastly it doesn`t have the thing that i hated the most about Samsung Phones "Knox".

Don`t wait for the next update, jump in now you won`t be disappointed,

I am amazed by this polished rom (y)(y)(y)(y)

Last edited:
Reactions: spaha-bih

johnr64

Mar 27, 2021
OK, now I figured it out. The cause for the issue was really magisk. Because I'm old school and wanted to stay on v23 lol with 25.2 it's all working fine. So it stays the warning, don't flash v23 (at least) on A13 or it will break the system. And flash other version on top doesn't solve. Only a dirty/clean flash.

About the manufacturer restrictions, I feel you. I didn't liked the fact that we have to wait for one week to unlock bootloader. Like... Wth?? I didnt knew yet miui. And after try I don't wanna go back to her, ever lol I feel a bit tempted with some miui mods... But the offer of aosp is way sufficient, so I'm gonna stick with it.

Cheers mate. Have a great day.
I`m glad you got it sorted, yes i had no intension in keeping the original firmware from Miui, there was a debated regarding 7 days to unlock the bootloader, fortunately once unlocked you can relock and unlock without having to wait. The one thing i do miss is Wireless Charging, but i have the adaptor as in my previous post https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...eiver-for-the-poco-f3-tested-working.4385679/

all the best from the🇬🇧

Reactions: lapirado

johnr64

Mar 27, 2021
Very low mA when charging (slow charging). How do I fix this
Hi,
I have just checked my F3 charge currents using this amazing rom,
here are my results,

using my Wireless charging receiver: 9.2 watts @ 5 volts
Fast charge 1.7 amps @ 9.2V
Normal charge 1.7 amps @ 5.2V

tests done using a

Intelligent Multiport Quick USB + Wireless Charging Station​

I ❤️ this rom.

Silvers91

Jun 28, 2014
Rabat
Installed this ROM yesterday. Really smooth and everything working good so far. But battery life is pretty terrible, the phone never goes into deep sleep (0% deep sleep in about phone) and the battery drains a lot while the screen is off. Any idea about that? Thanks!

spaha-bih

Feb 16, 2012
Sarajevo
Installed this ROM yesterday. Really smooth and everything working good so far. But battery life is pretty terrible, the phone never goes into deep sleep (0% deep sleep in about phone) and the battery drains a lot while the screen is off. Any idea about that? Thanks!
did you install it over the previous custom rom, or you installed it over the stock rom?

well dang, I was just planning to move to this rom after october security patch is released.

what others say about the battery?
For me it's good. Mine does go to Deep Sleep. This can be checked with "Franco Kernel Manager". You can also force Deep Sleep directly after screen off with "Naptime" and force App Standby after screen off with "Servicely". They can all be found in Play Store.

Maybe he uses Always On Display, which keeps the CPU awake and therefore prevents Deep Sleep. Anyway i'm happy.

You can join the Telegram Evolution X Support Group

do you use AOD or Raise to Wake or anything like that? Check my reply to the other dude above, for what you can do ^^

Silvers91

Jun 28, 2014
Rabat
do you use AOD or Raise to Wake or anything like that? Check my reply to the other dude above, for what you can do ^^
Nah, nothing of the sort. I actually disabled everything and even put the phone in airplane mode, but the phone still has 0% deep sleep and the battery drains so fast. I'm starting to suspect that an app or two I'm currently using might be the culprit.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi All,
    Looks like the next update for this AMAZING ROM is just around the corner,
    Screen shot taken from the offical Evo-x alioth Telegram Channel :D:D
    Anyone know if this rom is still being developed? Bcause it seems the dev was last seen here on sept 8th...
    Would be a shame.
    Hi,
    Just checked the Telegram Evolution-X Alioth/Poco F3 channel and DarkAngelGR was active at 12.12 UK time,

the last update was 02-11-2022, build 7.2 and it works GREAT,

Why update something thats almost perfect,

what was funny is that some decided to impersonate DarkAngelGR on the Official Evolution-X Telegram page and claimed that there was a NEW Build and posted a link to a Youtube page that had nothing to do with this AMAZING ROM
    many thanks DarkAngelGR:cool:
    Hi, fresh clean. Custom or inbuild, all the same problem. No sound.
    Hi,
    Very strange, i have no issues with anything on this Amazing Rom and always use my instructions that i have linked below
    to restore my phone after i have tried different Roms for fun.

I have had some strange issues with this rom and others, resulting in APP issues and soft bricks (Stuck in Fastboot).

I have found that returning to a almost STOCK using XIAOMI.EU V12 (Fastboot) Rom, has always fixed my corruption issues and restored my phone back in working condition.

You could always try my install instructions on Page 1.

I hope you sort it :)
    Hi, fresh clean. Custom or inbuild, all the same problem. No sound.
    Safest way to check errors like this is to go back to stock rom. If the error persists there, the you got a hardware issue. If not, a clen flash of any custom rom should fix it.
    I clean flashed EvoX and have no trouble with sound at all.

EvoBanner.png

Evolution X 7.0 for the POCO F3 [alioth]

Code:
    /*

* Your warranty is void. Or vaild, probably?

* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, Ebolation X,

* thermonuclear war, or the current economic crisis caused by you following

* these directions. YOU are choosing to make these modificiations, and if

* you point your finger at me for messing up your device, I will LMAO at you.

*/

qE4kqsj.png

Living, Breaking, Keep Evolving.

Pixel UI, customization and more, we are Evolution X!

- Team Evolution X -

@joeyhuab

@peaktogoo (Now RealAkito)

Reach us on Twitter! @EvolutionXROM

RgqrlpK.png

What are our features?

- Just flash and check "The Evolver"

n6b8AXD.png

Lack of some features

DO NOT FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED

u5tIlfT.png

DO NOT FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED

gMGb8ee.png

First Time Install / Clean Flash
    1. Download the proper flashable ZIP for your device
    2. Reboot to recovery
    3. Flash the ROM
    4. Flash recommended Firmware
    5. Reboot to recovery
    6. Format data
    7. Reboot to system #KeepEvolving

Update / Dirty Flash
    1. Download the proper flashable ZIP for your device
    2. Reboot to Recovery
    3. Flash the ROM
    4. Reboot to System and #KeepEvolving

Light Screenshots / Dark Screenshots / Download

Donate to me! / Official Chat / Device Support

LU9gsrQ.png

Hey everyone, hope you are all doing well and enjoying your summer.

I forgot to make the post for the release of A13 based Evolution X on XDA for POCO F3 so here it is.

Download here
    Changelog here
    Recommended Firmware here
    OFRP recovery (with A13 decryption) here

For donations (Donations above 5$ get you access to pre-release builds one week before they go public just give me your telegram username, donations will also help me with server costs for development):
    PayPal
    Ko-fi
    Patreon

Hope you all enjoy the Public Beta release, kindly report any bugs with the required logcats and steps on how to reproduce the bug
    Download link will be available this Sunday. Screenshots will be shared at later time
    (REVISED INSTALL INSTRUCTION 05-11-2022)

OTG is no longer Now working with Orangefox recovery.

To overcome the OTG showing 0MB or .., remove the OTG adaptor,
    reboot into OF Recovery, re-connect your OTG adaptor and
    tap ☰ in the bottom right of the main screen to open the MENU,
    open Mount, tap USB-STORAGE (wait 5 seconds) the (USB-STORAGE background will turn black), shortly after the check box will enabled, many thanks to
    Rafsf for the Workaround.

Hi,
    I would like to first say a big thank you to

@DarkAngelGR (y)for this AMAZING rom,​

I was using the Descendant rom previously but sadly the development has stopped and I was itching to try A13.

I have been using your rom for the last 7 days and i have been amazed.

Like most users I was searching for a fast, stable and refined rom with the latest security patches and no bugs, yours has all this and comes with the added bonus of OTA updates(y)(y),

the EvolutionX rom has turned out to be perfect for me:love:.

I have not found any bugs, but then i don`t use all the bells and whistles that this phone has to offer.

After moving from the Descendant 12.1 rom and following your install instruction listed above my F3 would re-boot back into Descendant rom (Very Strange), was it due to using the wrong slot at re-boot??.

I have had similar install issues before and reverting back to the Xiaomi.eu A12 rom and starting from a clean install fixed my F3.

Preinstall notes,

The Bootloader needs to be unlocked and USB drivers installed.

Rom installation

1. Start with a clean install of the Xiaomi.eu V12. Download and Unzip Xiaomi.eu V12 rom and install via FASTBOOT.

1a. To enter Fastboot mode, turn off your F3 and hold down the Volume down & power buttons together until you see Fastboot.

1b. Using a PC, Run the .bat file: windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat
    and complete the initial install.

2. On the Miui 13 screen, disconnect and reconnect your F3 from the PC and choose file/folder transfer.

3. Download the latest evolution_alioth-ota-rom build from here, once complete copy into the F3`s internal memory or a USB Memory stick.

4. Download V13.0.8.0.SKHEUXM and once again copy into the F3`s internal memory or a USB Memory stick.

5. (Optional) If you require Root, download Magisk-v25.2.apk and again copy into the internal memory or a USB Memory stick.

Safety net passes without intervention, if you don`t require Root.

6. Reboot the F3 into Fastboot mode as above and using a PC,
    Download, unzip and run RUN_TWRP-Orange Fox FIXED.bat,

from the menu, choose 2) Install OrangeFox Recovery.

the original EvolutionX Recovery Mode is still intact to enable OTG updates.

PLEASE NOTE THAT OTA UPDATES WILL NOT INSTALL WHEN (permanent) ORANGEFOX RECOVERY IS INSTALLED

7. in Orangefox install all the above downloaded files from the internal memory or a USB Memory stick using a OTG Adaptor, once completed format data using the🗑️/Wipe Menu and select Format Data by typing YES, the F3 will re-boot automatically (JOB DONE, LET THE FUN BEGIN).

8. i had issues with Santander and Tesco Pay+ banking apps detecting Magisk, i fixed this by Renaming Magisk and adding my apps to the deny list from within Magisk, I then used SD MAID to freeze "HIDE" the renamed Magisk from my banking apps.

Optional:

If you are planning to use Magisk/Root after the OTA update, then unfreeze magisk from within SD Maid before you update your F3,
    once the
    OTA has completed to re-apply root follow steps 5,6, and install via Temporary Orangefox then re-boot and re-freeze your renamed magisk.

This rom is now my daily driver and for anyone wanting to know how fast this rom is,

my AnTuTu score using Evolution X ver: 7.2 220804.031 is 671225

Other AnTuTu scores were,
    Descendant 12.1 708922
    Arrow O/S A12, 679090
    Xiaomi.eu V12-12, 661033

My Poco F3 is the 8gb/256gb EU version,

Thanks again DarkAngelGR(y) (y) (y) (y) for this awesome rom and Rafsf for the OTG fix,

Johnr64.
    No man, this is for the f4
    Bro sarcasm is good but here it can cost someone their device. Choose topics for sarcasm carefully.