A2017G B09 update

Search This thread

paatha13

Jul 27, 2016
Athens
You guys complain too much, fair enough there are bugs and you want them fixed, but most other companies wouldnt be so quick at releasing updates, for a chinese manufacturer they have done well to listen to you guys and have brought you almost 9/10 updates in the space of 6 months. I believe that support is good for the price we paid so lets just see what they bring next!

Well general I'm quite pleased by the support so far.
B08 was major improvements over previous version.
Battery life 4.5 months having the device is solid.
Screen top of the top.
Build quality also very high level.
Amazing sound also.

The stability and smoothness of software is quite good also.

Of course my favorite dynamic lock screen is here with B08.
They give us better functional notification at lock screen also as said above.

My only complaint is just the broken lock screen.

Just ZTE fix that issue and give us proper and high functional Android Nougat and would be 100% pleased.

It's just sad to broke something that worked fine all that time,ZTE should be little more careful when releasing updates.

That's all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

rikin93

Jun 28, 2016
Well general I'm quite pleased by the support so far.
B08 was major improvements over previous version.
Battery life 4.5 months having the device is solid.
Screen top of the top.
Build quality also very high level.
Amazing sound also.

The stability and smoothness of software is quite good also.

Of course my favorite dynamic lock screen is here with B08.

My only complaint is just the broken lock screen.

Just ZTE fix that issue and give us proper and high functional Android Nougat and would be 100% pleased.

It's just sad to broke something that worked fine all that time,ZTE should be little more careful when releasing updates.

That's all.

Dont worry they are fixing it :) Im glad youre as happy as me, and when it comes to using the warranty youll be even happier with the support given when contacting zte directly :D

Reactions: ++chris++

Chinesur

Jan 9, 2017
Hello,
I am 100% stock, just received the phone yesterday. As you see I am still in B06 and the update system tells me I am up to date.
Shouldn't I see the possibility to upgrade to b09?
What is happening with my Ota?
8a449d3e99d3bac49ed1dfb5582c6854.jpg

Envoyé de mon ZTE A2017G en utilisant Tapatalk

raystef66

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Jul 2, 2013
Belgium
ZTE Axon 7
Xiaomi Mi 9
Hello,
I am 100% stock, just received the phone yesterday. As you see I am still in B06 and the update system tells me I am up to date.
Shouldn't I see the possibility to upgrade to b09?
What is happening with my Ota?

Congrats with your phone!
If you're on B06 it well could be that you receive the update to B08 or B09 soon.
If you do not receive it, and you're not alone in this case , you always can update via SD. But if you're good on B06 you just can wait for the N update that may come end of this month approximate.
For you to decide.

Chinesur

Jan 9, 2017
The link for b09 doesn't work for me. Download reaches 99% then fail. Where can I find a link to the b08 rom for international G version?

MrPepperino

Apr 25, 2016
In first post. Try to download on pc and put it then on your sd card. For me its stopped aswell on 95 percent

raystef66

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Jul 2, 2013
Belgium
ZTE Axon 7
Xiaomi Mi 9
The link for b09 doesn't work for me. Download reaches 99% then fail. Where can I find a link to the b08 rom for international G version?

Use the B08 in this link https://mega.nz/#F!kYtRAJjJ!5tD1zPpo0nw2tJwhANA9pQ!tNsQhD5Y
Or this : http://www.ztedevice.com/support/detail?id=FA568879D9C14D719385E6F8CFB6A514
Or this : http://www.ztedevice.com/support/detail?id=9824F5AD299B49D8A2EE4227CFB0DB8A

B08 for me and most others imo was the update which had the most benefits. Stay on it (imo) before the Nougat update arrives.
That'll do !
And enjoy !

Last edited:

Chinesur

Jan 9, 2017
Thanks, I downloaded it and tried to make an update after putting the file in the root of sd card (internal and external) but in the update parameters I still see
"Verify that an update packet has been copied to the root directory on the storage card".
I tried on storage/emulated/0 (internal) as well as storage/3535-6132 (external sd).

Sent from my ZTE A2017G using Tapatalk

Last edited:

keesvl55

Aug 27, 2007
Hello Axon 7 users, indeed a lot of complains here about a real good phone, all phones have issues, i have tryed many different dual sim phones even an Samsung S7.
Ontil now de Axon 7 for me is the best I'v had, the S7 is realy slow compared to the Axon 7.
I also have little thinks I like to see different but the perfect phone dos not exit because it is different for everbody.

Have fun with your Axon 7 everbody, I have, normaly with every phone I'v had after a few days a found things i don't like and I whont a other phone but this one stays here.

Axon 7 GREAT phone thanks ZTE

rikin93

Jun 28, 2016
B10 should be coming very shortly guys! German users should see it via FOTA first. Others may have to check the zte site for the ROM. Nougat will be coming in Feb, its chinese new year so i doubt they will release it before then so should be released in Feb some time!

Last edited:

paatha13

Jul 27, 2016
Athens
B10 should be coming very shortly guys! German users should see it via FOTA first. Others may have to check the zte site for the ROM. Nougat will be coming in Feb, its chinese new year so i doubt they will release it before then so should be released in Feb some time!

That's what I thought few days ego that not gone see both B10 and Nougat this month.
Well don't bother me a lot,just hope all that time ZTE being ready to deliver as much better stable and free of any kind issue Nougat upgrade.

If it's 7.1.1 even better but doubt will see this next month.

rikin93

Jun 28, 2016
That's what I thought few days ego that not gone see both B10 and Nougat this month.
Well don't bother me a lot,just hope all that time ZTE being ready to deliver as much better stable and free of any kind issue Nougat upgrade.

If it's 7.1.1 even better but doubt will see this next month.

All i can say is you will be a very happy man in the coming months :)

Reactions: paatha13

paatha13

Jul 27, 2016
Athens
All i can say is you will be a very happy man in the coming months :)

Do we know if B10 gone be via OTA or manually update via ZTE support site?

Btw I'm already having in my mind the upcoming Axon 8 at summer if coming months with Nougat being satisfactory without any trouble with user experience.:p

One think hope ZTE includes at successor is AOD feature like s7 or Motorola device having.

It's one of my favorite feature missing by giving my S7 edge.

Last edited:

ALeX850

Nov 24, 2012

Thank you for the head-up @rikin93! I mean it. Do you know whether beta testing for nougat has started? I've applied for it 11 days ago and haven't received any response, so I presume I haven't been selected. Or maybe it was just open for german speakers/people from the start, I don't know, can't find any info. If that's the case then calling the forum "european community" was misleading since it caters mainly for a german audience.
I know it's not their fault per se but ZTE mediocre worlwide management's one. It's been month since the phone has been released and still feel that everything about the software is half assed: energy management, WiFi drops and performance loss, notification delay (this I can't excuse, when you are waiting for emails, you don't want them to be notified late...obviously), random clunky behaviors, translation errors, etc... that's why I have high hopes on nougat and it will probably settle for me whether I will put my trust once again on a ZTE product in the future. Honestly if I discover that after the nougat update, dolby continues to reset to default music preset when dolby integration is basically advertised with the phone, that will be plainly enough for me

keesvl55

Aug 27, 2007
Thank you for the head-up @rikin93! I mean it. Do you know whether beta testing for nougat has started? I've applied for it 11 days ago and haven't received any response, so I presume I haven't been selected. Or maybe it was just open for german speakers/people from the start, I don't know, can't find any info. If that's the case then calling the forum "european community" was misleading since it caters mainly for a german audience.
I know it's not their fault per se but ZTE mediocre worlwide management's one. It's been month since the phone has been released and still feel that everything about the software is half assed: energy management, WiFi drops and performance loss, notification delay (this I can't excuse, when you are waiting for emails, you don't want them to be notified late...obviously), random clunky behaviors, translation errors, etc... that's why I have high hopes on nougat and it will probably settle for me whether I will put my trust once again on a ZTE product in the future. Honestly if I discover that after the nougat update, dolby continues to reset to default music preset when dolby integration is basically advertised with the phone, that will be plainly enough for me

Wow you have a realy terrible phone, why not trow it out the window, let me tell you, every phone has his issues, things you don't like, like to see differnet, i have had a Samsung S7 and I din't stay with it for long, the Axon 7 is way bether.

I hope it becomes better for you .

nigelnkj

Dec 13, 2016
Can't update
I tried Reddit, local forums but I can't seem.yo get a solution for my problem
Here's my problem
I bought the axon 7 last year, found out that the phone heats up real quick when i charge. So I went to my local service center and they updated my software to B07, but the issue was still there and my storage mysteriously became 16GB
So I went there again and they gave me a replacement set and updated to B07(requested by my mother)
The storage was 16GB again. They called me a few days later asking me to do a factory reset to change it back to 64GB
So I did. Then I found put there's no B07 for the A2017G model. So I called them asking if they could set mine back to the B02 that was originally in the phone. They agreed and I went there to do it
Strange thing is that each time they help me to update to B07 or B02, it erases all data on the phone.
I didn't really care cause my data wasn't on it.
Then I tried updating using the B05 update package. Downloaded on com, copy on root of SD, put back into phone, but still can't update. Shortly later B06 came out. Still couldn't update - phone says its up to date tho the package is in my root of SD card.
So I tried update via recovery. Enabled OEM unlocking and boot into recovery .
Selected apply update from SD, choose update.zip
It started updating. But at 25 percent it stops saying a sideload error installation aborted.
Till now I am unable to update. Didn't want to approach my local service center as they knew nothing about B05/06/08 updates when i asked them
I'm thinking this has something to do with the B02 they installed on my device after B07, and can't find anyone with this problems. Tried the B02 mirror package, gives me a signature error

SlavaSPB

Feb 3, 2017
B10 should be coming very shortly guys! German users should see it via FOTA first...
I have a German phone (bought from Amazon.de but use it in Australia) and am currently on B09. No sign of any update so far. It seems that those on B09 need to downgrade to B08 first in order to get the B10 via OTA.

Can someone please point me to the B08 download that I could use? The German ZTE website (ztemobile.de) has been down for the last week or so, and I couldn't find any other place to download B08. I really want to try the B10 since it apparently fixes the annoying lockscreen notifications bug.

Many thanks,
Slava

Keiler90

Dec 7, 2010
Reactions: SlavaSPB

cc_569

Jun 18, 2009
I saw aliexpress sells Axon 7 A2017Gv2.0b08. Anybody knows if it's real the version 2 of B08 ?
Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Guys !
    Seems to be another update ...B09
    Date 2016-12-23
    2.24G
    http://www.ztedevice.com/support/detail?id=1170789A90BA42E18B3364B80C7F5A26

Translated : (out of spanish log)

� Optimize the compatibility with third-party applications.
    � Optimize the stability of the system and the performance of the battery.
    � ZTE Locker (ZTE screen saver).
    � New package of safety of Google.
    � Improvement of notifications.
    � Improvement of the translations.
    � Improvement of the camera.

EDIT : i compared the B08 and B09 file
    B08 last modified on 25.11.2016 2.355.208kb
    B09 last modified on 09.12.2016(?) 2.353.116kb

So B09 is modified later and a little smaller in size
    Is it the same ? I dont know...

EDIT 2 : Someone on Androidhilfe has tested it already after seeing this thread :
    *still 6.0.1
    *same securitypatch date
    *same baseband , kernel

For me though it stays strange that on an official website like ZTE promotes a B09....if there were no differences, why the effort ??
    So let's test this update further and make some conclusions.
    Actually on B08 the notification is by default On at lock screen when turning in on.
    That's good enough I can say.

Before that all previous version everyone had to touch the bell ring to show notification.

You guys complain too much, fair enough there are bugs and you want them fixed, but most other companies wouldnt be so quick at releasing updates, for a chinese manufacturer they have done well to listen to you guys and have brought you almost 9/10 updates in the space of 6 months. I believe that support is good for the price we paid so lets just see what they bring next!
    This update is exactly the same as B08 update, but is specific to Spanish users probably will language translations or something. I was told by ZTE not to do this for my UK phone and to do a B08 update. A B10 update is coming shortly for all, end of this week/next.
    I am from Germany and have the B08 installed. I think it should be no problem to use the spanish version, right? Via OTA check I constantly get a network error since few days... :/

gesendet per Tapatalk mit ZTE Axon 7

No problem to use the spanish version. In fact the spanish one is the only at this time which shows B09.
    Hong Kong, Singapore, Sweden show different version of A2017G
    You're right that the ZTE network is down. I am waiting, if there comes one, for the OTA.
    If so i will pull the link in logcat to share.