• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

A205u bootloader unlock, twrp and root

Search This thread

69Rixter

Sep 21, 2015
*****I am not responsible for anything you do to your device. Do this at own risk***** If all goes bad just flash Factory firmware with PIT file.

Credit goes to those who built twrp.img and the vbmeta image for the A30/A70. I am no dev, I read somewhere about the crossflash to DS firmware but cannot find it any more.

This is for people who understand Odin and have some experience flashing firmware.
Maybe someone will make noob friendly instructions, please feel free.

I currently have an a205u with an unlocked bootloader root and twrp.

1. Using Patched odin crossflash to DS firmware. OEM toggle-download mode-unlock bootloader.

2. You are now able to flash back to the W/U firmware keeping an unlocked Bootloader even though you will not see an oem toggle in developer options

3. Patch boot with magisk 8.02 compress it to tar file along with A30 vbmeta.
***** Important***** make sure to use 7zZ for all steps, and rename boot from magisk_patched_image to boot.img or you will receive errors.
( I may have used a70 vbmeta as I was trying various ideas someone will have to try this and let us know) It will hang at samsung logo for a while on first boot.

4. Then flash A30 TWRP using flashify. Probably works with odin too. Boot to recovery- Perform format data, reboot recovery, flash dmverity+magisk. May be able to get it to work in less steps that's just what I did to make it work.

Link containing vbmeta , magisk patched boot Patched odin . Bootloader 4
First time flashing I got a pass in Odin and fail on phone Flash the second time everything was good
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1F_Bjv8YzPqJLk4YqbXLjYamlPgIZ3nGN/view?usp=drivesdk
Sir:

I do not wish to debate you/this method. I very much need to unlock this bootloader (Galaxy A205U w/ And.10). I have run into so much controversy about being able to unlock the bootloader on this particular model; controversy even within this site??? [please see;

F4cedR3ality7 -nov. 26, 2020 (post #39)]​

I'm not desperate (yet) but very much need confirmation that if I apply this operation, the bootloader will be unlocked. If interested, I have a few more questions about this particular model and what I can/cannot do with it. Please reply Thank You

Last edited:

Johnmoerike

Apr 28, 2018
Sir:

I do not wish to debate you/this method. I very much need to unlock this bootloader (Galaxy A205U w/ And.10). I have run into so much controversy about being able to unlock the bootloader on this particular model; controversy even within this site??? I'm not desperate (yet) but very much need confirmation that if I apply this operation, the bootloader will be unlocked. If interested, I have a few more questions about this particular model and what I can/cannot do with it. Please reply Thank You
I have an a205u I was messing around with it flashing various files and somehow managed to have an unlocked bootloader. I can provide proof. But we have been unable to replicate this and I do not have another a205u to try it on. I had found some website that instructed me to use a drk Verity oem lock on repair file. Then was able to flash firmware from another country that provides me with the OEM unlock and ability to unlock the bootloader. then flashed back to the w version (canada) and now have this a205w bootloader unlocked device. I'm willing to help in any way we have tried various things with people online but nothing has worked so far. I'm certain if I could get my hands on another a205u, I could eventually replicate it.

69Rixter

Sep 21, 2015
*****I am not responsible for anything you do to your device. Do this at own risk***** If all goes bad just flash Factory firmware with PIT file.

Credit goes to those who built twrp.img and the vbmeta image for the A30/A70. I am no dev, I read somewhere about the crossflash to DS firmware but cannot find it any more.

This is for people who understand Odin and have some experience flashing firmware.

1. Using Patched odin crossflash to DS firmware. OEM toggle-download mode-unlock bootloader.

2. You are now able to flash back to the W/U firmware keeping an unlocked Bootloader even though you will not see an oem toggle in developer options

***** Important***** make sure to use 7zZ for all steps, and rename boot from magisk_patched_image to boot.img or you will receive errors.
( I may have used a70 vbmeta as I was trying various ideas someone will have to try this and let us know) It will hang at samsung logo for a while on first boot.

4. Then flash A30 TWRP using flashify. Probably works with odin too. Boot to recovery- Perform format data, reboot recovery, flash dmverity+magisk. May be able to get it to work in less steps that's just what I did to make it work.

First time flashing I got a pass in Odin and fail on phone Flash the second time everything was good
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1F_Bjv8YzPqJLk4YqbXLjYamlPgIZ3nGN/view?usp=drivesdk
Sir:

I do not wish to debate you/this method. I very much need to unlock this bootloader (Galaxy A205U w/ And.10). I have run into so much controversy about being able to unlock the bootloader on this particular model; controversy even within this site??? I'm not desperate (yet) but very much need confirmation that if I apply this operation, the bootloader will be unlocked. If interested, I have a few more questions about this particular model and what I can/cannot do with it. Please reply Thank You (please see ;

F4cedR3ality7 Nov, 26,2020 (post #39)​

69Rixter

Sep 21, 2015
I have an a205u I was messing around with it flashing various files and somehow managed to have an unlocked bootloader. I can provide proof. But we have been unable to replicate this and I do not have another a205u to try it on. I had found some website that instructed me to use a drk Verity oem lock on repair file. Then was able to flash firmware from another country that provides me with the OEM unlock and ability to unlock the bootloader. then flashed back to the w version (canada) and now have this a205w bootloader unlocked device. I'm willing to help in any way we have tried various things with people online but nothing has worked so far. I'm certain if I could get my hands on another a205u, I could eventually replicate it.
I want, very much, to be kept aware of your progress/work on this model (Galaxy A205U) TY

adoboing

Sep 8, 2021
Its added to the first post, sorry I would wasn't able to be more clear. I unlocked the bootloader couple months ago, not realizing that I was the only one to have done so. If I can be of any more help let me know
it had been a whole year, but any way to do it this year? also the google drive link doesnt work
I have no idea how to do this

69Rixter

Sep 21, 2015

Sir: you replied "I currently have an a205u with an unlocked bootloader root and twrp". Everywhere on this site claims you cannot unlock the bootloader on this model(???). I would appreciate a much more detailed (step-by-step ...if you please) account of how you accomplished the unlocked bootloader. TY (Galaxy SM-A205U)

Johnmoerike

Apr 28, 2018
Sir: you replied "I currently have an a205u with an unlocked bootloader root and twrp". Everywhere on this site claims you cannot unlock the bootloader on this model(???). I would appreciate a much more detailed (step-by-step ...if you please) account of how you accomplished the unlocked bootloader. TY (Galaxy SM-A205U)
If I could, I would I have given all the info I could remember. After I did this I broke the screen and it sat for a few months. I had no idea I was the first, I followed directions from some site. When flashing this drk OEM lock on repair file, I was also formating data in stock recovery with system mounted. If I could get my hands on another a205w I'm sure I could replicate it......

corelua10

Sep 11, 2021
If I could, I would I have given all the info I could remember. After I did this I broke the screen and it sat for a few months. I had no idea I was the first, I followed directions from some site. When flashing this drk OEM lock on repair file, I was also formating data in stock recovery with system mounted. If I could get my hands on another a205w I'm sure I could replicate it......
you're only doing this to get a free phone lmao

69Rixter

Sep 21, 2015
Well, had all my troubles w/ Galaxy A205U solved....dropped the damn thing and it trashed the the phone. HOORAY!!! No more Samsung B.S. I'll never own another Samsung product! So, naturally, I'm dropping out of this thread. Good luck to all who need this thread to help solve (hopefully) your difficulties w/ the Galaxy A205U

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You have the only A205U in existence that is rooted.
    Congratulations

Could you please change the title to A205U so others can find it