a21 help

Search This thread

corvairbob

Feb 26, 2016
i have the a21 and i have this notification now that tells me I have a new voice mail but i never set up voice mail and doing tons of online research i find none of the help does me any good.

when i go to the keypad and hold 1 then it takes me to the keypad again. i try to set up a voice mail number and it fails. it wants a password and because i have yet to set up voice mail i do not have one. i enter numbers and even my phone number and it tells me invalid and hanges up. so how in the world do i set this up ? or because i have a free lifeline from the wife's metro pcs phone i can't set one up?

but i want that notice off the screen it is annoying me and i can't get rid of it. i'm about ready to do a factory reset and then copy my app again from my old Tracfone.

could this issue be because this a21 boots with tracfone icons as i got it free from tracfone in january?

any help welcome. if i have to factory reset and it comes back i guess my next step is a hammer. i hate this sorry phone. see the phots of what i have and it jsut will not go away

thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220524-103832_One UI Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20220524-103832_One UI Home.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 1

corvairbob

Feb 26, 2016
ok so i called metro pcs ant they had to reprovision the phone, wow and i still have notice on the pulldown screen but they also said i did not have voice mail set up and that after i get it set up it should go away. when i tried to set up voice mail it asked for the password and i did not have one or know what that was and the metro person told me the password is the last 4 digits of the phone number. so i wonder why that info in not on the online help sites that tell how to set up voice mail? not even on the a21 website said the password was the last 4 digits of the phone's number. also metro told me that if i still have the notice after setting up the voice mail to leave a voice mail and see if deleting it will take that notice away.

i hate this phone. are all samsung phones this hard to figure out? wow!